• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Japanese anime industry in trouble

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
This article makes me sad :(

Thank god there are so many other types of completed anime that I have yet to watch. I'll be good for many years I think :3

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Animes I enjoyed:

Pokemon up until Jhoto (although this was more of the "end of tolerance" stage). Kanto I liked because, as bad as it was, they cut down on the "WATER IS WEAK AGAINST ELECTRIC! OH NO!" crap after the first few episodes unless it was something new. It wasn't "OH NO HE HAS AN ELECTRIC POKEMON I USED A POLIWHIRL NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" every single battle. Also, it was old pokemon back when it was sorta-implied other critters existed. Now I think Pokemon have been outright stated to be the only thing besides humans and plants on the planet.

Cowboy Bebop, but it isn't the be-all end-all Anime. It's just not shit.

Can't think of any others I enjoyed now that, looking back on, weren't utter shit.

Manga, I've only read two series: Hellsing and Berserk. Hellsing, well, it's consistently bloody. Tolerable / okay, but much better than the TV / OVA's put out. Berserk is starting to go downhill for me, mainly because of the shifting power tiers. At the start (Black Swordsman up until the whole Church Priest plotline), Guts was pretty much "mortal" still and could be bested if caught flat-footed. Sure, he was still a monster of a man, but he was something different from regular anime characters. His moral grey was actual moral grey, he wasn't capable of doing shit like run around faster than a human could track / slicing through stone pillars like styrofoam, etcetera. Now the story's started to devolve into more typical anime schticks.

S

Sinister Exaggerator

No, it'll be fine. Really.

Temporary setbacks, man.

Lazydabear

Your Bear of Crap Wisdom
I kind of Feel bad that Gonzo one of few best Anime Studios I loved Its sad enough they had to fire a lot of staff from there 200 employees to now 35 I believe as one of the reports say.

Geek

Chico
Well, of course the Anime industry is suffering, when Anime blocks like Toonami, (one of the only places to see anime, besides Adult Swim) was cancelled, people have had no where else to turn to watch their favorite shows but on the internet, which in turn, hurts DVD sales.

Kommodore

well what is it?
Japanese anime was fucktastically popular for a while there, it was inevitable that it would eventually see a decline in popularity, from overexposure if nothing else.

The industry will continue and the weeaboos will still get there fix. Who knows, there may be less anime but at a higher quality now.

Gavrill

ladies~
This makes me sad because I love anime. My favorite is either Mnemosyne or Kannazuki no Miko, but even they have their flaws. Mnemosyne = demons and angels and shit, whatever. Kannazuki no Miko = Wtf why are there giant robots this makes no sense :[

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Japanese anime was fucktastically popular for a while there, it was inevitable that it would eventually see a decline in popularity, from overexposure if nothing else.

The industry will continue and the weeaboos will still get there fix. Who knows, there may be less anime but at a higher quality now.
meh, what might happen is that since China is becoming developed they'll start producing alot of anime in the up coming years.
in short my opinion on it though
meh

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Good riddance.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
So who are the Chinese and Koreans going to eventually export animation jobs to? Iraq? Siberia?

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
You missed the point. Animation has been subcontracted out to those three for something along the lines of the last 20 years. Most of the stuff on TV now save for the stuff done by very small studios (Astro Base Go and Titmouse) is done over there, then shipped back here.

I didn't miss the point... even though it may be MADE in another country (contracted out), it is still Japanese Animation. I'm talking:

"Though, if the inquiry is exactly about Vietnamese, Chinese, and Korean anime then there are shows from animation studios in those countries. I've watched a few Chinese ones myself, problem is they'd never find a market in the US and worse don't have even the animation quality that your typical low budget anime has... which means that a lot of it looks as bad as you might think."

But, as Bowtoid_Obelisk has stated, it seems the quality of such "anime" isn't up to snuff. So, it seem we have Japanimation, or nothing, when it comes to Anime.

Oh, by the way, watch these:

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/kinos-journey/page/2

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/last-exile/page/3

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/mushi-shi/page/3

Last edited:

south syde dobe

4th Elite General

Lazydabear

Your Bear of Crap Wisdom
Mad House is hoping to salavge what they can to make a good Anime.

Foxy_Boy

Honest Foxy
I find alot of animes are watchable until after the 6-10th episodes, then it turn into a emo horrorshow.

Its the really low budget ones that only have like 6 to 10 episodes that are the good ones, they dont have air time for emo faggotry.

Lukar

Durrgon
All I'm interested now anyway is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, the upcoming .hack//Link anime, Bleach, Naruto Shippuden, and the Pokemon movies. I would add Digimon, but it went downhill halfway through season 4.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm