• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Jesus and the gays

T

TheMetalVelocity

If my comfort zone conflicts with what commonsense tells me is perfectly acceptable in this day and age, the only conclusion I can draw from that is that I'm an asshole, and I can only better myself through changing myself.

Just my opinion though.
Sometimes it's not easy for people to change or feel okay with something, I'd say, if they aren't hurting anyone, fuck conformity. If they decide to change on their own, then whatever. If the OP doesn't want to help a gay person find a mate or agree with the whole thing, it's all on him and there's no big deal in it. It's not like the person is doing something wrong or illegal if he doesn't do said things or has to be forced to in society, and it also doesn't necessarily make him an asshole. There's people who actively support gay marriage and act like major assholes and they don't wanna realize that. Though I will say this, people in general can have both an assholish side to them as well as a good side, I will judge them on which side of them I see more.

Coywolf

My first degree was in anthropology and concentration in linguistics. I had the question is being and expressing homosexuality a sin and so I went back to the original Hebrew and Greek and my conclusion is that it is not that study is here http://www.gendertree.com/Homosexuality.htm Oh and by the way the Catholic Church performed gas marriages up until the 15th or 16th century if I remember correctly.

Aleu

Deuces
My first degree was in anthropology and concentration in linguistics. I had the question is being and expressing homosexuality a sin and so I went back to the original Hebrew and Greek and my conclusion is that it is not that study is here http://www.gendertree.com/Homosexuality.htm Oh and by the way the Catholic Church performed gas marriages up until the 15th or 16th century if I remember correctly.
Might wanna fix that bro x3

Krysch

I think religion in general tends to follow too much, the 'letter' of the law, which is largely a method of attempting to mask the 'spirit' of the law (compassion, generosity etc.) onto the accepted social customs at the time it was first communicated.

And then people nowadays focus too much on following the letter, which is easier as its specific laid out do this, dont do thats, rather than trying to figure out how to apply the spirit of the law onto nowadays culture, lifestyle and customs, which are entirely different than they were the long times ago that most religions were formed.

I like to think along the lines of something Buddha said, which was essentially, dont follow something blindly, analyse it, understand it, and decide it works, first. We are vastly different people now, and while the goals of things such as compassion, are still the same, the methods to purvey them are ever changing. We need to read past the letter and get to the underlying spirit of any law.

For those who are Christian, why would God have given you free will, if he didnt intend you to use it to adapt his laws to fit changing circumstance, if he intended you to always follow what he said, he'd be here right now telling you what to do in the different game that today is, from when first the rules were communicated.