• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Jesus' tomb *ghostly "oooOOOooo!"*

Grimfang

Coffee said:
We should totally get those bones out and clone Jesus.

Then give him his own talkshow on FOX.

:D

Awesome! Totally!

That would probably turn out to become the Anti-Christ! O_O!

But the Da Vinci Code people are crazy. The author said it's a fictional story, in which he just tied together lots of theories and questionable .... shit. Whatever.

Either way, though, I don't care much as far as religion goes. I believe Jesus existed, and it may very well be that he was buried and didn't float off into the clouds... whether this tomb was his or not, who knows?

But, Iller, you're definitely right about peoples' need for sensationalism.

E

Epsereth

Yes. Christianity is completely invalid and entirely focused on sensationalism. *eyeroll*

Anyway, Grimfang - yes, some researchers believe they found Arthur's tomb, or at least the tomb that the fellow he was based on was buried in. However, it's so old and worn that they can only conclude loosely that it's the right one. It's generally assumed that Arthur was a real dude, but it is obvious that the stories are mostly sensationalized (today's magic word! dingdingding) as was the custom Back In The Day. Sort of like the Robin Hood legends, yanno? Also, I believe Arthur himself had been long dead before the stories were written, although the stories of the particular knights were contemporary flatterings of commissioning feudal Lords.

Grimfang

Ah, sweet. I love mythology and ancient history type stuff.

^Sounds so intelligent...

One of my friends is really big on all that, so I'll ask him about it. It's always interesting to hear about, but I never remember names or stories well.. and when I do, I have no idea what time they were from or what they had to do with. -_-;

E

Epsereth

The Sonic God said:
You guys haven't seen The DaVinci Code, have you? Awesome movie. ^^

Yeah, the book is awesome (didn't like the film much), but unfortunately a lot of it just isn't true.

I do have to say, I admire the author for organizing it so well. It's great speculation, and unless you know better a lot of it is hard to distinguish between true and untrue. :)

Moon-Baby

Transitional Lifeform
XeNoX said:
"I would most likely go as far as saying there was a guy named Jesus around that time in that particular region" - forgot who

I thought his actual name wasn't "Jesus Christ", but something like Yeshua bin Mirriam...or something.

That could just be from some unrelated crap though.....

jesusghost.jpg

XeNoX

Moon-Baby said:
I thought his actual name wasn't "Jesus Christ", but something like Yeshua bin Mirriam...or something.

That could just be from some unrelated crap though.....

well his last name wasn't Christ either anyway
and "of Nazareth"........simply describes some religious sect xD

Sylvine

Ummm.... no. Nazareth is a city =/.

If that was some kind of a joke, apologies - I didn't get it.

About the tomb: Well, if they discovered the tomb alone, who cares? The tomb and some tissue? Yay, well, the man was supposed to lie there for 3 days, after being crucified, so no wonder.

Now, if they discovered a corpse - that would be interesting =)

Don't really care, though... my faith is not based on the bible, so... whatever =)

~Sylv