• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Junji Ito?

Godzilla

Getting thru it all

I don't find the manga to be particularly scary but I do love the artwork and style.

C

CrookedCroc

Love his super detailed style, him alongside Kentaro Miura, Akihito Tsukushi and Hirohiko Araki are my favorite manga artists.

His stories might be kind of goofy sometimes but the art is fantastic and can be a bit unsettling. Too bad I can't post my favorite panel here

Godzilla

Getting thru it all
Love his super detailed style, him alongside Kentaro Miura, Akihito Tsukushi and Hirohiko Araki are my favorite manga artists.

His stories might be kind of goofy sometimes but the art is fantastic and can be a bit unsettling. Too bad I can't post my favorite panel here

His stories are super goofy lol. But I also really like it because of that? Unrealistic but unpredictable.

C

CrookedCroc

Yeah, only Junji can make couches, street sharks and balloons spooky.

Btw, Junji Ito's wife has a cat with a skull shape pattern like the one in his manga
Lets+not+forget+junji+itos+cat+yon+that+has+a+_ab0c89b70ea3adcca84f59a69654dad5.jpg

Edit: here's the cat from his manga for comparison
junji-ito-s-cat-diary-yon-and-mu-manga.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sail_Ed

Love Junji. I don't find them "scary" so to speak but they are unsettling. My fav. is the human chair and the mountains one.

Munch D. Terelli

I discovered him via The Enigma of Amigara Fault like a lot of people (remember when it got memed to hell and back?). Got a hardback copy of Uzumaki on my bookshelf as a treasured possession. As mentioned his work isn't scary as such but it is beautifully eerie. He's great at making everyday things feel uncanny and weird.

I love Junji Ito's work. Perhaps his most bizarre manga in my opinion is Gyo, you can almost smell that one, lol.

GASHUNK

A friend of mine recommended Uzumaki to me, but I started reading his Horror Collection first (I'm not sure nowadays how those short stories are sorted, since there have been many changes. What I remeber is that Tomie vol 1 and 2 were the first volumes of the collection, which had 16 volumes if I'm not mistaken). What can I say? I love his work. My favourite and at the same time less favourite story of his is Town Without Streets, for I think he had the perfect universe and a great character (the aunt), but didn't explore the world he created nor the psyche of the characters as much as he could, which I think is a shame. I wish he would retake this story and turn it into something bigger.

D

Deleted member 134689

I watched the anime episodes and those were extremely disturbing but nonetheless incredible, as a horror buff it takes a lot to scare me.

Sir Thaikard

GOTTA WRITE FAST.
I love how nondescript and wholesome he looks in real life. He totally looks like the most harmless and happy guy.

D

Deleted member 134689

I love how nondescript and wholesome he looks in real life. He totally looks like the most harmless and happy guy.

The irony is funny. I haven't seen him, what does he look like? I would try to look for a picture myself but I know I will be met with a ton of horrific google images and it's nightime and I'm a baby u_u

Sir Thaikard

GOTTA WRITE FAST.
The irony is funny. I haven't seen him, what does he look like? I would try to look for a picture myself but I know I will be met with a ton of horrific google images and it's nightime and I'm a baby u_u

Someone meme'd this picture from his Twitter and it's clear that he takes pleasure in the memes wrought from his works. He also adores his cats and as one user above shared, takes frequent pictures of them.

D

Deleted member 134689

Someone meme'd this picture from his Twitter and it's clear that he takes pleasure in the memes wrought from his works. He also adores his cats and as one user above shared, takes frequent pictures of them.

My mind is blown LOL

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I'm psyched for Uzumaki coming to Adult Swim, but I wish Hellstar Remina would get an anime adaptation too. Also, @Rant , you'll like this topic.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.