• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Jurassic Park may not have been accurate D:

Schwimmwagen

jp was a movie about people trying to survive carnivorous dinosaurs

the part that always freaked me out as a kid was the lil boy getting electrocuted. I always pictured those red bits of cloth around his hands as bloody flesh, peeling off because of the electrocution

For a dinosaur-surviving movie, it was just way too PG-13.

L

LizardKing

Why must you make a dinosaur thread a few hours after I go to sleep? :c

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
I remembered that I have a ton of fossils :3

I also back home have a wooden 6 foot puzzle of an allosaurus.

Littlerock

numb with cold
Barefootfoof would be pissed.
DAMN STRAIGHT. You know how hard it is to find a reliable reference on correct archeopteryx anatomy and plausible behavior thanks to how low of a media value it has? I'm running on empty here ;__;
They probably didn't have feathery crests, but fuckall it's cute.
I want one, seriously, they are so tiny and adorable!
The best pets. And you don't even need to trim their wings either. They're thought to be piss-poor fliers thanks to thin flight feathers, lack of an alula, and no real functional secondary flight or pinion feathers, not to mention terrible flight steering from that whippy tail. They could run up trees like a squirrel and glide back down at best.

They now think that most of them were warm blooded. :3 the more you know

ASK ME SHIT ABOUT DINOSAURS OR I WILL GO POSTAL AND LOOK LIKE THE 3rd PICTURE ON THE MUGSHOTS POST >:3
QUICK,
WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS ON JIM HENSON'S "DINOSAUR TRAIN"?
Aside from all of the God-awful gaudy colors, that is.
Who the fuck ever heard of a neon orange-and-blue t-rex living with a fucking family of pteranadons anyway, what the fuck.

...and the time-traveling-train.

Last edited:

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
DAMN STRAIGHT. You know how hard it is to find a reliable reference on correct archeopteryx anatomy and plausible behavior thanks to how low of a media value it has? I'm running on empty here ;__;

The best pets. And you don't even need to trim their wings either. They're thought to be piss-poor fliers thanks to thin flight feathers, lack of an alula, and no real functional secondary flight or pinion feathers, not to mention terrible flight steering from that whippy tail. They could run up trees like a squirrel and glide back down at best.

QUICK,
Who the fuck ever heard of a neon orange-and-blue t-rex living with a fucking family of pteranadons anyway, what the fuck.

I LOVE THE DINO TRAIN FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
The fact that raptors have scales should probably tell you it wasn't very accurate. :p

Fay V

Lost to this world

QUICK,

You can buy little scratchy posts and cat trees for them :D

The fact that raptors have scales should probably tell you it wasn't very accurate. :p
Did you read the OP, or any of the thread? I acknowledged that it's really inaccurate, my reason for the thread was asking about the trex sight thing.

Wreth

GERTY
You can buy little scratchy posts and cat trees for them :D

Did you read the OP, or any of the thread? I acknowledged that it's really inaccurate, my reason for the thread was asking about the trex sight thing.

It's very unlikely that such an animal would be unable to see prey animals that are not moving. The truth is simply do not know enough about the species from simply fossil evidence to make such a conclusion accurately. Given the complexity of the species though, and that dinosaurs have evolved well past the amphibians, T-rex could probably see you just fine. Especially considering t-rex was one of the last dinosaurs to evolve.

Kvasir

Zumba!!!
wow you people should go to the Museum of the Rockies their dinosaur exhibit is awesome! i love going there if only just to see the replicas and as many of the actual fossils that they can put out on display. i know that i am not a professional on them but they are so interesting. BTW Jack Horner helped with the exhibit and loads of his finds are there, like eggs and such ^^ i love Montana's many many fossil finding sites :)

Fay V

Lost to this world
wow you people should go to the Museum of the Rockies their dinosaur exhibit is awesome! i love going there if only just to see the replicas and as many of the actual fossils that they can put out on display. i know that i am not a professional on them but they are so interesting. BTW Jack Horner helped with the exhibit and loads of his finds are there, like eggs and such ^^ i love Montana's many many fossil finding sites :)

I live right down the street from there. I love the bit where you can watch the researchers in a window. Sometimes anyway.