• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Just a case of mistaken identity.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Oh boy. Some of us just have designs for characters or sonas that get mistaken time and time again as something it’s not.

I often get my sona mistaken as an otter or a cat. It’s kinda amusing.

I’ve seen others out there have worse cases of mistaken identity though. What has your experience been with this?

Night.Claw

Sky, just look at me. Do i look like a fox to you? :p I'm almost always mistaken with a wolf, but thats okay, i have dark fur after all.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Sky, just look at me. Do i look like a fox to you? :p I'm almost always mistaken with a wolf, but thats okay, i have dark fur after all.
Yup. Been there. The first time I saw you say you were a fox I had to doubletake. I can see it if I look though, the triangle on the muzzle helps.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
My love of Star Wars made someone think I was a Gungan.

I mean, Gungans are awesome, and design-wise a perfect reference for putting a saurian neck on a humanoid body, but I am a Dilophosaurus.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
My love of Star Wars made someone think I was a Gungan.

I mean, Gungans are awesome, and design-wise a perfect reference for putting a saurian neck on a humanoid body, but I am a Dilophosaurus.
I’m not even a fan of Star Wars and I can see how people can get there. And appreciate some of their designs.

Yeah...they do look like pretty solid references. Take what you can get!

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
I’m not even a fan of Star Wars and I can see how people can get there. And appreciate some of their designs.

Yeah...they do look like pretty solid references. Take what you can get!

That's one of (many) reasons why Phantom Menace is my favorite film. Terryl Whitlatch is a paleo-artist and she designed a lot of creatures for that film including Jar Jar/Gungans and Sebulba/Dugs.

D

Deleted member 111470

Yes, there have been people who have associated my fursona with an ape, chimpanzee or bonobo. However, apes don't have tails like monkeys do. So - my fursona is a monkey, not an ape.

Niedlich the Wolf

Cute Folf.
People think I'm a fox...

Oh wait that's just them joking around.

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
Most people seem to identify that Sunburst is a cat since it says so in his ref. Before that back in his earlier forms, his feral form especially, occasionally, someone would confuse him for a wolf.

Last edited: