• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Just an observation.

Kahrio

Who the HELL do you think i am
It seems to me that this site, and ones like it, are more or less useless. not that I really have a problem with them. but. i cant help but notice in all these "furry" forums, and most other forums for that matter, nothing of any real importance or intelligence is ever really discussed. and you basically just see the same for or five threads reposted over and over with a new face and some times, if your lucky, a slight twist.

though i suppose thats not really a problem now is it? if it keeps everyone interested then why the hell not right?

What really gets me is the forum content, the people who post it, and the seemingly lifeless people who are always there to bitch about it. it seems as though the people who inhabit these kind of forums can roughly be divided up into a few different groups; the bored, people who have slight to moderate interest in the forum topic and post out of lack for anything better to do. the insecure, people who post here because they have moderate to high interest in the topic and feel as though they can talk to no one else about it so they spill there guts here for the hope of self validation. the genuinely interested, those few out there with moderate to very high interest in the subject who are searching for someone else of intelligence to discuss the topic with and hold substantial conversation, but ultimately fail more often than not. and last but not least, let us not forget the troll, those out there with slight to no interest in the topic and only post to harass, or provide most unwanted spell check services to the other users of the forum. they come in droves and must have nothing better to do with there lives, which i find crazy because if they were half as intelligent as they would have you believe, they should have some high paying job and loads of success to take up their time. but they dont. because their not. but i digress.

some of you reading this might think, "so what?" "why do you care?" "whats your point?" and then i would have to tell you that there really isn't one. thats why its just an observation. or maybe your not thinking that.maybe your only reading this pointless post because your bored and cant sleep like me. or whatever i really dont care.

so maybe you out there agree? or maybe not? im sure if thats the case you'll let me know. you always do. however, this helped me kill some time so i accomplished what i came for.

Alstor

And twice as shiny
Go talk to Ben. You two will get along quite nicely.

And I'm calling shenanigans on no reason. In nearly all cases, people post stuff like this in an act of showing that something needs change. I'm really not buying the "just an observation" saying.

Also, what does that make you? The poster of full intelligence and knowledge? The poster that saves all the topics? The poster that cares and is cared by and for everyone? What you are doing right now is separating the forum in the sense of creating social classes based on post quality and not on personality and characteristics. I don't know about everyone else, but you're coming across as shallow and egotistical.

SirRob

Eh, you're right. It's pretty much always the same old, same old here. Occassionally an interesting thread will pop up, I guess. But I like the individuals that are on this forum, and so I stay. And already being well-established here, it's easy for me to make friends with other people who decide to stop by. And for that reason, it is not useless for me to show up on a regular basis.

Kahrio

Go talk to Ben. You two will get along quite nicely.

And I'm calling shenanigans on no reason. In nearly all cases, people post stuff like this in an act of showing that something needs change. I'm really not buying the "just an observation" saying.

Also, what does that make you? The poster of full intelligence and knowledge? The poster that saves all the topics? The poster that cares and is cared by and for everyone? What you are doing right now is separating the forum in the sense of creating social classes based on post quality and not on personality and characteristics. I don't know about everyone else, but you're coming across as shallow and egotistical.

well you sir obviously read way to far into things while denying what lays before your face. i said this was an observation, and that it is. nothing more nothing less. i couldn't care less if anything changed.

i am neither a saver of posts nor a creator of particularly good ones for that matter nor did i claim to be any of which you so accused me of. i know very few people here and if you had taken the time to notice i have made very few posts. so any claim as such would be imposible. actually. if you would please read this again for me. i mentioned only posting this because i was bored and couldn't sleep. so if you would pay attention to what you read you would see i am trying to accomplish nothing.

also i was not trying to create any "social classes" or "separate the forum". again. like ive said oh so many times before. this is just an observation. im just talking. just. i dont know. making an observation. get what im telling you yet?

if anything sir your lack of ability to be able to read something for what it is and not think its some attack is doing nothing for you. i dont know about everyone else, but your coming across as a shallow paranoid ass.

but im glad you posted this! you are exactly the person who i claimed would show up to tell me how wrong i am. even though essentially i did nothing.

"so maybe you out there agree? or maybe not? im sure if thats the case you'll let me know. you always do."

that sound familiar? i called it.

but whatever. you've done no wrong really. you could not possibly offend me. so its cool. that kinda things why i never post anyways.

S

Syradact

If you want to see more intelligent topics of discussion, then why don't you make some...?

Nobody? Really?

Welcome to the internet. Same shit, different day. Different website.

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
"so maybe you out there agree? or maybe not? im sure if thats the case you'll let me know. you always do."

I'm a bit confused with this statement myself, you're pointing out the fact we'll make a post, and you called it? What relevance did this have exactly to Alstor? :confused:

What reason exactly do the majority of furries stay away from these forums? If they complain there is no intelligent conversation going on here, I implore them to start some. Because I don't let that discourage me from visiting the forums everyday to see if anything is interesting that day.

Honestly I think they just don't like to write, they all prefer visual art. Or the only things they can write about are sexual inquiries or promoting their social awkwardness through annoying and cutesy postings. Prove me otherwise I guess is what I'm saying, I'd love to see more going on around here. Some of these threads on the front page are a month old.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
well you sir obviously read way to far into things while denying what lays before your face. i said this was an observation, and that it is. nothing more nothing less. i couldn't care less if anything changed.

i am neither a saver of posts nor a creator of particularly good ones for that matter nor did i claim to be any of which you so accused me of. i know very few people here and if you had taken the time to notice i have made very few posts. so any claim as such would be imposible. actually. if you would please read this again for me. i mentioned only posting this because i was bored and couldn't sleep. so if you would pay attention to what you read you would see i am trying to accomplish nothing.

also i was not trying to create any "social classes" or "separate the forum". again. like ive said oh so many times before. this is just an observation. im just talking. just. i dont know. making an observation. get what im telling you yet?

if anything sir your lack of ability to be able to read something for what it is and not think its some attack is doing nothing for you. i dont know about everyone else, but your coming across as a shallow paranoid ass.

but im glad you posted this! you are exactly the person who i claimed would show up to tell me how wrong i am. even though essentially i did nothing.

but whatever. you've done no wrong really. you could not possibly offend me. so its cool. that kinda things why i never post anyways.

Wow... I'm never gonna play a game of chess with you, ever.

If anything was learned from this thread, it's that calling someone "sir" out of a professional atmosphere makes you sound like a douche.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
or provide most unwanted spell check services to the other users of the forum.

and you basically just see the same for or five threads

four* :V

These are community forums for one of the most aimless fandoms out there. The only point is people talking about what they bloody wish. And those couple topics that keep on surfacing are simply the ones everyone can talk about. There are other threads, but they are simply too niche, having maybe 2 or 3 people discussing them at a time, and thus die quickly.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Eh. I came to the realization that there's no point to the Internet pack in 1994, before most people knew the Internet existed. This forum is just one of many of my various forms of entertainment. I enjoy a vigorous debate about pointless topics and every once in a while, this forum offers that. If not, I pop in and join whatever discussion looks remotely interesting when I have nothing better to do. It's a good way to kill 15 minutes.

slydude851

PSN ID: Slydude851
People just come to these forums to kill time, and in this case there's the additional furry factor that adds some more things to talk about to the huge mixing bowl of topics. Occasionally there are thought inducing topics, like time travel, teleportation, the future, the end, etc. There are topics that are just plain stupid as well.

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
words words words

and last but not least, let us not forget the troll, those out there with slight to no interest in the topic and only post to harass, or provide most unwanted spell check services to the other users

et cetera, et cetera

Your lack of proper capitalization makes your post somewhat hard to read, and doesn't do anything to help your cause, which from what I gathered is something along the lines of "I am intelligent, let me tell you why."

You probably did not want that spell/grammar check service.

I am not a troll.

How's that work, then?

Kahrio

my god! You people! "welcome to the Internet?" I know what the Internets like. I'm not looking to change it. If anyones a douche its those of you who replied solely to call me one. And I never wanted to argue with anyone!

What the fuck is wrong here! I said I'm making an observation! Just a fucking observation! Sweet lord! Can I not make a statement without being attacked!?

Fuck it. Yeah. Fuck it. You wanna know why I dont post? this right here. I'm done. Have your way with the thread or close it or whatever dont care.

PEACE HATERS!!

Enwon

Nihilistic Atheist
my god! You people! "welcome to the Internet?" I know what the Internets like. I'm not looking to change it. If anyones a douche its those of you who replied solely to call me one. And I never wanted to argue with anyone!

What the fuck is wrong here! I said I'm making an observation! Just a fucking observation! Sweet lord! Can I not make a statement without being attacked!?

Fuck it. Yeah. Fuck it. You wanna know why I dont post? this right here. I'm done. Have your way with the thread or close it or whatever dont care.

PEACE HATERS!!
Kahiro, by ragequitting like this, you only prove that you do not know how the internet works.
Here is a quick overview of the rules of the internet:
1) Don't say "just an observation" when saying something pretentious- it makes you look bad.
2) Don't ragequit because a few people are mean. It's really pathetic.
3) USE PROPER GRAMMAR FOR CHRISTS SAKE!!!!