• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Just For Funsies (Closed)

UBA

Digital Artist
Hello and thanks for stopping by!

I'm feeling a bit rusty and want to doodle something up. Thing is I just don't feel like thinking up subject matter to draw :/

That's where I'm hoping you guys will jump in. I'm not looking to push the envelope or anything here. I just want to mindlessly sketch a thing or three to help loosen up my drawing hand.

For those curious, I plan on using a simplified animation style with these sketches. I want to practice capturing a character without being weighed down with a lot of details. So no, these sketches won't be in my usual comic book style I tend to drift towards.

Anyway, here are the parameters for requesting something on this thread.
  • Keep it PG-13, I don't feel like updating my gallery. I plan on just posting the sketches here, so they need to conform to the forum's rules.
  • Only one character per sketch. Character interactions are a pain in the butt and I don't want to spend a lot of time on each drawing.
  • Give me a pose suggestion or at the very least an emotional state for the character. None of that, "do whatever you feel like", fluff. I just want to get lines down on the page without any back and forth.
  • Give a brief description of the character's key features (including species) or provide a reference image. Either is fine.
  • Only mammalian or reptile themed characters please. Maybe sharks, since those seem kinda popular. Again, it comes down to me not wanting to do a lot of thinking with these.
* If you don't follow the above conditions you will be ignored *

I'll only be doing sketches. Colour won't even be considered unless I really dig your character concept. Backgrounds won't be a thing either.

I probably won't do a first come first serve sorta deal since it's not very fair to those that don't visit frequently, but if I don't get many hits with this I just might end up doing that. If there are quite a few though I'll probably plug some names into a randomizer. Anyone know any good ones?

I have no real number set for these either, I'm just doing this on a whim. Maybe 2 or 3 for starters. If it turns out to be fun I may do more.

If you want to check my credentials, feel free to check out the links in my signature. And if you're browsing on mobile here's a link to my FA Profile: Userpage of uba -- Fur Affinity [dot] net (NSFW).

I look forward to reading your posts.
Thanks for reading!
-UBA

Kaira

Splash Mint. Pony (MLP) anthro (but can also be a wolf). Kind of a punky woman yet is friendly, likes bubblegum.

Attachments

• just splash mint.jpg
    just splash mint.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 57

ToriCuori

I'd love to get in on this if you're willing! I have a ref for the character and I'd love a sort of relaxed feel to the character. Maybe his hands behind his head and a smile? And if clothing was an option, I'm totally cool with a long-sleeved shirt since I imagine the tattoo would be a lot of work.

www.furaffinity.net: Tori's Ref by WinterPanda

EDIT: Totally forgot to throw this in, but there's a certain hairstyle I had in mind! This is Castbound's Kevak, but I am in love with the hairstyle!

www.furaffinity.net: End Of All Days by CastBound

Last edited:

Xaroin

THE ONE THE ONLY
I'm thinking that drawing this with a thinking pose would be weird. (I also like torturing people forcing them to draw Iguana's with Platypus tails). Just put this as the lowest priority request XD you don't really need to do this unless you want.

Attachments

• IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 53
J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

Kangaroo-raptor at your service :p
Note : His muzzle, hands, paw feet, underbelly and underside of tail is bare-skinned, not fur. The rest is his fur, of course. Those yellow lines on his left eye and arm are tattoos.
As for the pose... hmmm... draw him curling up while sleeping like a puppy :p

jinlust4sin-jin-s-feral-form.png

UBA

Digital Artist
Looks like we're off to a good start! A lot of fun ideas so far. I'm going to let this thread ride for the rest of the work day (10 hours from now) so that others can join in if they wish.

I'll post again to mark the cutoff and then randomly draw three eligible names from the group above my cutoff post.

Your participation is greatly appreciated.

See you later today!
-UBA

biscuitfister

Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?
sorry lol forgot to add the note lol. My sona has resting bitch face and generally a lack of interest in things have fun with it if you wanna do mine

UBA

Digital Artist
Alrighty here's the cutoff post. Anyone above this will be entered into the draw for this initial batch.

Some pretty good odds for those in this trial run. I'll come back once I have the results.

-UBA

UBA

Digital Artist
And here are the results!
  1. Kaira
  2. Biscuit Fister (great name by the way)
  3. Jin-Lust
Congrats dudes! I'll get started on your sketches as soon as possible. I'll post again when they're all ready.

I'm looking forward to drawing these. Thanks muchly for participating everyone!

-UBA

biscuitfister

And here are the results!
  1. Kaira
  2. Biscuit Fister (great name by the way)
  3. Jin-Lust
Congrats dudes! I'll get started on your sketches as soon as possible. I'll post again when they're all ready.

I'm looking forward to drawing these. Thanks muchly for participating everyone!

-UBA
Sweet and thanks! im pretty proud of it myself hahaaha

UBA

Digital Artist
Here are the finished sketches for the initial batch. Hope you guys like them!

Feel free to post them wherever you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to my FA Profile

In addition to the sketch, you guys also get 15% off if you decide to turn your rough drawings into fully polished commissions. Check out my Commissions page for more info and drop me a PM or email if you're interested :cool:

Biscuit.jpg
Jin.jpg
Kaira.jpg

That's all for now. If I need to scratch the doodle itch again I'll resurrect this thread with a new post.
Have a good one!
-UBA

Last edited:

biscuitfister

They're beautiful thank you! ❤❤❤❤

Reactions: UBA
J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

Here are the finished sketches for the initial batch. Hope you guys like them!

Feel free to post them wherever you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to my FA Profile

In addition to the sketch, you guys also get 15% off if you decide to turn your rough drawings into fully polished commissions. Check out my Commissions page for more info and drop me a PM or email if your interested :cool:

View attachment 16170 View attachment 16171 View attachment 16172

That's all for now. If I need to scratch the doodle itch again I'll resurrect this thread with a new post.
Have a good one!
-UBA
My goodness... I absolutely adore how you drew my sona <3 thank you so much !

Reactions: UBA