• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Just got through the day completely vegetarian.

Toshabi

Banned
Banned
That's why I want to know his reasoning. Has he been thinking about this for a while? Is it a New Years thing? Why did he go vegetarian? The world wants to know :V

I hope it wasn't just for New Years. Probably the least substantial reason to do anything. January 1st: "I'm gonna quit smoking." March 1st: "Mmm fuckit, Marlboro please." There are plenty of reasons to go veg. Just pick one you are passionate about and commit.

He did it for ass pats. For all we know, the fat fuck probably downed a burger just now and is too busy grazing on the flesh of a thousand abused livestock than to answer everyone's question as to why he's pretending to be a vegetarian.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
He did it for ass pats. For all we know, the fat fuck probably downed a burger just now and is too busy grazing on the flesh of a thousand abused livestock than to answer everyone's question as to why he's pretending to be a vegetarian.
I'm sure plenty of people do that which is dddduuummmbbb, but I have no reason to distrust the Coydog.

Toshabi

Banned
Banned
Actually you're right. He has a brony OC, der's a good chance that he RPs what they eat IRL. OP was eating real plants from his mom's garden, that explains why he thought the diet was so hard. Guess a daffodil and daisy sandwich tasted fucking gross, huh OP?

Dreaming

I've wanted to have a go at it but seriously, everyone tells me I'll die if I cut meat out of my diet, I AM CONFUSE

It just depends on your taste in foods. If you can find a replacement for meat, then you'll be fine.
I like mushrooms and eggplant so i could use that as a replacement for meat. I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, but I think I could last a week without meat.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I've wanted to have a go at it but seriously, everyone tells me I'll die if I cut meat out of my diet, I AM CONFUSE
Unless you substitute arsenic for the meat you were eating no you wouldn't die from switching to veg. The people who tell you you will die are either being hyperbolic or they are severely misinformed.

As long as you sub in some protein and get a reasonably varied diet you can live veg. If you have a reason to be veg and an open mind for new foods going veg is pretty darn easy.

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.
In all honesty, I would totally go vegan because I love the veggie foods and all, but trash meats are cheap and getting cheaper and I'm one broke muthafucka.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
Hell yeah! Congrats mang. What's your reasoning for this vegetarian stint?
If you have any questions at all please ask.

I have just found it increasingly hard to eat meat, and reading about that guy who ate a live mouse really didn't help anything, so instead of struggling with it I decided to just become a vegetarian but I do still eat milk, cheeses, etc.

And thanks, I will definitely ask if I have any questions.

To others: I don't care what you eat, it will not bother me at all, I just can't eat meat, it's going to damage my mind.

Get mad for restricting yourself to your prison diet.
U Mad, Toshabi?

But like, I go without meat almost every single day because meat is ridiculously expensive
Where I live meat isn't really that expensive, is served almost daily for the main meal at school, and the only vegetarian foods at home are a head of lettuce, some sour apples, oranges, dairy products, roman noodles, canned veggies, peanut butter/jelly/butter, and cereal. Plus other small random things, that isn't exactly enough to take to school and home, there is a vegetarian choice at school.. what ever fruit is up there, what ever vegetable is up there, and lettuce/salad things at the salad bar.

Didn't we already go over that FAF is NOT a hug box (look down at my freaking sig) and that put so many horrible pictures in my head. Btw, I'm not a "fat fuck", if I am overweight it is only by like 10lb 178lb is standard high, I am around 190.

Actually you're right. He has a brony OC, der's a good chance that he RPs what they eat IRL. OP was eating real plants from his mom's garden, that explains why he thought the diet was so hard. Guess a daffodil and daisy sandwich tasted fucking gross, huh OP?
Who I am IRL is who I am here, even the part of me that is sometimes a dumb ass. It is winter, so no, I am not eating anything from her garden, and what? Garden foods taste better than canned or frozen (most of the time). And about the flower sandwich: no, just no.

Last edited:

thoron

One other thing to note about protein is to keep a good variety cause protein isn't simply protein. There are eight different proteins your body needs to get from food, meats have all eight of them, but no one plant has all eight together like meat does.

Also, if your going full vegan, make sure you take vitamin supplements that have vitamin B12 in it or eat foods fortified with it. Your body will hate you if you don't.

Last edited:

Toshabi

Banned
Banned
U Mad, Toshabi?

People still use 4chan baby memes?

Didn't we already go over that FAF is NOT a hug box (look down at my freaking sig) and that put so many horrible pictures in my head. Btw, I'm not a "fat fuck", if I am overweight it is only by like 10lb 178lb is standard high, I am around 190.

That's still fat.

Who I am IRL is who I am here, even the part of me that is sometimes a dumb ass. It is winter, so no, I am not eating anything from her garden, and what? Garden foods taste better than canned or frozen (most of the time). And about the flower sandwich: no, just no.

I knew it, proof is in the pudding right there. You think your mother's garden flowers are good to eat. Either or, garden grown or not, canned foods will always beat freshly grown home food in the long run expense wise and work wise. You'll slave month after month and spend dollar after dollar on plant care products for what? 3 dollars worth of vegetables? How much did you spend on that fertilizer? And the miracle grow? And the chemicals to keep the bad bugs away from eating your food? How about all the labor? Let's face it; spending $.50 for a can of corn, or hell, spending a dollar on an ear of corn you can buy at your local market is way better than garden foods. Even sailors would invest moneys in canned veggies because it added to their muscle mass when consumed, especially in desperate situations when their women would be taken hostage by other gruff sailors. What does garden grown foods give you? Well, aside from the dissatisfying feeling of 'that was it?', you'll also develop a bad case of diarrhea. But what do I care? You're dead set on eating your grandmother's and mothers roses and daisies.

Graze away pony boy! I'll continue eating a balance of both food groups while you feebly cling onto your disgusting lifestyle choice.

Sam 007 NL

Taste the fur
kudos to you. I can't even last a day without putting meat in my mouth.

Sam 007 NL

Taste the fur

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I could never do that. I have to have meat.
Please don't confuse need with want. You 'want' meat because you were raised with it, it's a part of our culture, and it's cheap. Fact is the human body simply doesn't need meat.

I just can't eat meat, it's going to damage my mind.
I'm not really clear on your reasoning Coydog. Do you just dislike meat now? I have a few friends who are veg for that reason. I never really understood it. And I understand Toshabi is rustling your jimmies, but I find the thought of someone trying to eat flowers hilarious.

Mayonnaise

Off we go to the sea
I can go for months without eating meat and other animal products. I'm not vegetarian though.

Last edited:

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
Exactly what the title says.
I can already tell that this is going to be hard, I don't exactly control what food is bought in the house and most days at school I will not be able to eat much because there are only like 4 vegetarians (including me).
Does/did anybody else reading this ever struggle with this problem.
What are your views on vegans.
Anything else concerning the subject.

As long as vegans don't ram shit down my throat like "You don't have the right to eat meat" Which I recently saw in a captioned photo on FB, I don't have a problem with Vegans. Quite frankly I will eat what I want to eat, I have that right to eat what I want to eat. If I wanna eat meat I will eat meat. I respect vegetarians/vegans for what they eat so I just want the same respect back.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
As long as vegans don't ram shit down my throat like "You don't have the right to eat meat" Which I recently saw in a captioned photo on FB, I don't have a problem with Vegans. Quite frankly I will eat what I want to eat, I have that right to eat what I want to eat. If I wanna eat meat I will eat meat. I respect vegetarians/vegans for what they eat so I just want the same respect back.
Vegetarian here and I completely understand. I know a few high and mighty vegans who look down on me for not 'going the distance.' I feel the need to educate others about the problems with the meat industry but ramming shit down peoples throats is not the way to go about it. Those vegans, despite their admirable dedication, are assholes.

Aleu

Deuces
I was forced into a vegetarian-esque diet in high school because my dad's girlfriend at the time was mostly vegan.
It was strictly religious reasons.

At first I wasn't allowed to eat pork. Then little by little I was weaned off of meat until the only thing of meat I'd eat would be a hamburger or chicken strips at school.

It wasn't even a month before I had bruises, was anemic, and very often sick. Needless to say I could eat whatever the fuck I wanted after that.

Please don't confuse need with want. You 'want' meat because you were raised with it, it's a part of our culture, and it's cheap. Fact is the human body simply doesn't need meat.

Bullllshiiiiit.

DrewlyYours

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Op-That's cool! Good luck with that. I couldn't do it, love my meat! But I only eat meat with dinner, oats and barley for breakfast, salad and veggies for lunch. If you don't already know, broccoli has more protein per ounce than meat.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.

I'm not really clear on your reasoning Coydog. Do you just dislike meat now? I have a few friends who are veg for that reason. I never really understood it. And I understand Toshabi is rustling your jimmies, but I find the thought of someone trying to eat flowers hilarious.

Bullshit. Meat is by no means cheap. If you think meat is cheap you obviously have not purchased a joint of beef for a very long time. Technically the human body needs meat for protein and stuff. So technically, we do need meat.

Mayonnaise

Off we go to the sea
Bullshit. Meat is by no means cheap. If you think meat is cheap you obviously have not purchased a joint of beef for a very long time. Technically the human body needs meat for protein and stuff. So technically, we do need meat.
Nah, you can get protein from beans, nuts, grains...