• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Just got through the day completely vegetarian.

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.
Bullshit. Meat is by no means cheap. If you think meat is cheap you obviously have not purchased a joint of beef for a very long time.

Actually, at certain bargain markets, some meats are cheaper than veggies. It's mostly trash meats, like ground beef or packaged meats. The meats that aren't cheap are the grade-A quality cuts and specific animals.

At least, that's how it is where I live in America.

Also, meats can be substituted by a variety of protein-rich foodstuffs.

Last edited:

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Chickpeas motherfucka! Make chili out of that shit, filled with delicious vegetables and stuff. I went through a stage in my life where meat made me p sick and I didn't want to eat it, so I did the veg thing for a while. You have to be careful to spread your diet around to many different things so you get all you vitamins and minerals in a beneficially digestible form, but it never has to be boring. Vegetables taste great, and there are so many of them the flavor possibilities are endless.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
Nah, you can get protein from beans, nuts, grains...

True, I can't argue that. I'm not a lover of nuts on their own, I find they taste quite....bland. But if they are put into something I'll eat them all day long.

Actually, at certain bargain markets, some meats are cheaper than veggies. It's mostly trash meats, like ground beef or packaged meats. The meats that aren't cheap are the grade-A quality cuts and specific animals.

At least, that's how it is where I live in America.

Also, meats can be substituted by a variety of protein-rich foodstuffs.

Processed meat is the same here, you can pick up packs of ham, luncheon meat (what ever it is, I like it but have no clue wtf is in it lol) quite cheap though Corned Beef is the most expensive of the processed meats, well it is in Sainsbury's. Fresh chicken isn't too bad in price nor is pork but for some reason beef seems to be the most expensive joint of meat to buy.

Mom very rarely buys meat for a Sunday roast because of it's price. When she does it is usually on special offer. Though last week she cooked a joint of beef and she accidentally over cooked it. It came out rather chewy, in fact I couldn't eat it all cause my jaw actually ached. All me and my siblings did was spend the evening poking fun at how chewy it was. Seriously, if you shot a bullet at it, it would have probably bounced off it.

I don't think any meat eater can argue that there is plenty of protein supplements, but still, we all have the right to eat what we want to eat.

Chickpeas motherfucka! Make chili out of that shit, filled with delicious vegetables and stuff. I went through a stage in my life where meat made me p sick and I didn't want to eat it, so I did the veg thing for a while. You have to be careful to spread your diet around to many different things so you get all you vitamins and minerals in a beneficially digestible form, but it never has to be boring. Vegetables taste great, and there are so many of them the flavor possibilities are endless.

I have tried those vegetarian sausage things, those Quorn(sp?) sausages and I didn't think they tasted too bad.

Last edited:

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Bullllshiiiiit.
Some people, or groups of people, will have a harder time going vegetarian. Cutting meat means one will have to be careful about what they eat. Personally I've never had problems before or since going veg. What were you eating that was so iron deficient you became anemic? Or K deficient that you began to bruise?

Aside from that I'm genuinely sorry they forced you into vegetarianism. I feel like that shouldn't happen. It's important to have a reason to go veg so the transition will be easier to bear.

but isnt that an expensive lifestyle?
It's really not so bad. I probably don't spend any more than a meat eater on a regular basis. I should have been more clear though. When I said meat was cheap I was referring to fast food and 'trash meats, like ground beef or packaged meats' as DevistatedDrone said. I was also talking about the US. I'm not sure about the rest of the world.

Bliss

So contrary to popular belief it's not vegetarians struggling to get protein, it's people with 'regular' diets getting too much, causing inflated amounts of obesity and bowel disease. Too much of almost any nutrient is bad.
Inb4 militant Atkins fanatics. :V

Dreaming

If you're a meatatarian like myself, then yes you will have great difficulty adjusting.
Unless you substitute arsenic for the meat you were eating no you wouldn't die from switching to veg. The people who tell you you will die are either being hyperbolic or they are severely misinformed.

As long as you sub in some protein and get a reasonably varied diet you can live veg. If you have a reason to be veg and an open mind for new foods going veg is pretty darn easy.
I think it was a weight concern thing at first, then again my teachers and parents weren't the best informed :/

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
I'm not really clear on your reasoning Coydog. Do you just dislike meat now?
It's kinda hard to explain, but my mind is overactive, when ever people say something I instantly picture it, and it has started happening with what I eat, whenever I ate meat I got terrible, terrible images in my head.

Two days ago I was trying to eat a Mc rib (or equivalent) and I just couldn't.. It disturbed me too much for me to keep going, I have always had a problem eating some meats, I couldn't eat eggs and would really only eat (trash meat) because it looked less like the animal, but now, I can't eat any meat.

It's not me trying to be better than anybody else, it's me not being able to put it in my mouth... going vegan is much better than putting myself through that trauma.

Some flowers are delicious, I'll tell you that.
How.. would you know that?

Last edited:

Toshabi

Banned
Banned
It's kinda hard to explain, but my mind is overactive, when ever people say something I instantly picture it, and it has started happening with what I eat, whenever I ate meat I got terrible, terrible images in my head.

Two days ago I was trying to eat a Mc rib (or equivalent) and I just couldn't.. It disturbed me too much for me to keep going, I have always had a problem eating some meats, I couldn't eat eggs and would really only eat (trash meat) because it looked less like the animal, but now, I can't eat any meat.

It's not me trying to be better than anybody else, it's me not being able to put it in my mouth... going vegan is much better than putting myself through that trauma.

Remember, all plants grow from having loads of animal shit getting poured all over it, which is then absorbed into the plant. Keep that in mind when you eat your next salad; a big ass bag of stinky ass horse/cow shit.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
Remember, all plants grow from having loads of animal shit getting poured all over it, which is then absorbed into the plant. Keep that in mind when you eat your next salad; a big ass bag of stinky ass horse/cow shit.
I will... for you.:)

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.

Some flowers are edible.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. It will take a lot more than that to put me off of my food.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I've gone months with eating no meat before.
it's not hard to sub meat with something else. It takes research...and knowing how to cook. :V

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned

You aren't alone there. Like I said I know a few peeps who are veggies because they simply don't like to eat meat or animal products. Kind of makes sense now that you've explained it.

Ricky

Why don't you just try getting over your weird-ass phobia, instead? =P

Bir

Dream a little dream of me..
My body needs all the meat it can get. I tried going vegetarian once, and I ended up in the hospital.

My body needs all the meat it can get. I tried going vegetarian once, and I ended up in the hospital.

Isn't it from the diet change. I think your body is too used to having meat. I don't know but was that the reason?

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Isn't it from the diet change. I think your body is too used to having meat. I don't know but was that the reason?
It's much easier for your body to go from eating meat to not than the reverse. If I ate a cheeseburger today I'd be vomiting all night. The reason is the enzymes that your body accumulates to break down meat. When you go veg for a long time you lose those enzymes thus if you try to eat meat your body's like "I can't do that." and ejects it. You can get the enzymes back over time fyi.

Ceasing meat consumption definitely shouldn't put anyone in the hospital. That's ridiculous.

It's much easier for your body to go from eating meat to not than the reverse. If I ate a cheeseburger today I'd be vomiting all night. The reason is the enzymes that your body accumulates to break down meat. When you go veg for a long time you lose those enzymes thus if you try to eat meat your body's like "I can't do that." and ejects it. You can get the enzymes back over time fyi.

Ceasing meat consumption definitely shouldn't put anyone in the hospital. That's ridiculous.

I knew I heard about an extreme change in diet somewhere. I just wasn't sure about it.

Aleu

Deuces
Some people, or groups of people, will have a harder time going vegetarian. Cutting meat means one will have to be careful about what they eat. Personally I've never had problems before or since going veg. What were you eating that was so iron deficient you became anemic? Or K deficient that you began to bruise?

Aside from that I'm genuinely sorry they forced you into vegetarianism. I feel like that shouldn't happen. It's important to have a reason to go veg so the transition will be easier to bear.

I don't know because I was more or less on the same diet. I had plenty of beans aside from black beans (bleh). Spinach raw and cooked. Whole wheat spaghetti with nut-balls (it's not their real name but I guess the best way to explain what they were is that they were a meat substitute thing made of walnuts/almonds and some kind of jam. Since they weren't meatballs I just called them nut-balls). We'd normally have vegetable lasagna during the Sabbath.

Then school food of pizza, popcorn chicken (which had more breading than chicken really >_>)

thoron

I don't know because I was more or less on the same diet. I had plenty of beans aside from black beans (bleh). Spinach raw and cooked. Whole wheat spaghetti with nut-balls (it's not their real name but I guess the best way to explain what they were is that they were a meat substitute thing made of walnuts/almonds and some kind of jam. Since they weren't meatballs I just called them nut-balls). We'd normally have vegetable lasagna during the Sabbath.

Then school food of pizza, popcorn chicken (which had more breading than chicken really >_>)

Were you making sure you got some Vitamin B12 through supplements or fortified food? Its most common sources are meats and animal products like eggs, milk and cheese.

The only positive thing about meat I know is that it contains proteins with all kinds of amino acids, but it contains too many of them.
Plants offer a bit less than the whole variety, so it is advised to mix a few types of vegetables, beans, fruits, etc.
Nuts are great substitutes for breakfast or a light snack.
I've heard that eggs in any form are the absolute meal.

I read that meat was already created in labs. If we're in that stage, then we must not be far from ending the suffer of many animals whose destiny is to be eaten, and also end their numerical success on the planet. Perhaps we can not only edit the meat to be delicious, but decrease certain values in the cells that are required for a multicellular organism to live, but cause harm to us, directly or indirectly.

My conclusion is that there's no future for food, so... don't starve.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
I don't particularly understand why we aren't all eating nutrient paste by now.

I mean, we have genetically modified bacteria, fuelled only by human waste, capable of stitching together protein strands they make in their own bodies to form textured meat substitutes.

Is nobody else impressed by this.

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I don't particularly understand why we aren't all eating nutrient paste by now.

I mean, we have genetically modified bacteria, fuelled only by human waste, capable of stitching together protein strands they make in their own bodies to form textured meat substitutes.

Is nobody else impressed by this.

Because people still enjoy a good ol' fashioned Nerf burger to paste. :V

It doesn't but it creates a withdrawal effect for those used to having it as part of their 3-course meal.

Last edited: