• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Just shly waving.

Alys_0_0

Tea thief <3 She/Her <3 POTATO QUEEN
And I did corporate communications, you would think we knew how to speak English right jaja
My other friends who did some kind of engineering of a different subject are better in English than me lol
What is "jaja"?

Alys_0_0

Alys_0_0

Languages confuse me so most of that went over my head XD

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
I find alphabets wayyyyy easier to learn. I can read and write in Cyrillic and Hangul but I rlly can't speak any languages that use them.

So, take hello for instance

Cyrillic: Хелло
Hangul: 헤로

Alys_0_0

I find alphabets wayyyyy easier to learn. I can read and write in Cyrillic and Hangul but I rlly can't speak any languages that use them.

So, take hello for instance

Cyrillic: Хелло
Hangul: 헤로
The Latin alphabet doesn't have a "w" in it. "V" makes the "w" sounds instead. That's about all I got XD

Alys_0_0

I think I remember the same is true for U?
Yep! Also, "c" is always hard in ancient Latin like a "k". And "ae" is always pronounced "eye" because "ah-ee" is how it's spelled. I may or may not have corrected my biology teacher about scientific names about plants and animals when it was about that XD

The_biscuits_532

Yep! Also, "c" is always hard in ancient Latin like a "k". And "ae" is always pronounced "eye" because "ah-ee" is how it's spelled. I may or may not have corrected my biology teacher about scientific names about plants and animals when it was about that XD
Yes I've heard that too. Which is especially interesting because it means the German word Kaiser is more accurate than how we pronounce Caesar in English.

And then in Eastern European languages they use Tsar (or variations of it) which is just like lmao let's just cut the C off.

Never considered actual Latin pronunciation for biology though, that's an interesting thought.

Alys_0_0

Yes I've heard that too. Which is especially interesting because it means the German word Kaiser is more accurate than how we pronounce Caesar in English.

And then in Eastern European languages they use Tsar (or variations of it) which is just like lmao let's just cut the C off.

Never considered actual Latin pronunciation for biology though, that's an interesting thought.
Yeah, I'm fairly certain all scientific names in biology are Latin so it's good to know how to pronounce Latin things if you intend to go into biology like I might. UwU

The_biscuits_532

Yeah, I'm fairly certain all scientific names in biology are Latin so it's good to know how to pronounce Latin things if you intend to go into biology like I might. UwU
Must make animals and whatnot named after modern pop culture like Spongiforma Squarepantsii (fungi) or Neopalpa Donaldtrumpi (moth) weird to pronounce

Alys_0_0

I believe we have overrun this introduction thread with languages. Sorry OP!
Must make animals and whatnot named after modern pop culture like Spongiforma Squarepantsii (fungi) or Neopalpa Donaldtrumpi (moth) weird to pronounce
Yeah animal names are a bit weird to pronounce sometimes

Alys_0_0

Hahaha hey you know I'm pretty sure that's how it would of happened irl anyways! So it's all good lol.
Also like freedom of speech! xD
Very true!

Alys_0_0

This thread got interesting.

*Laughs in Spanish*
Yes. Yes it did.

*Noms a cheese stick in Latin*

There's actually a really good song that uses real Latin! I love listening to it but I keep forgetting the name if I don't listen to it for a while. It's creepy but that's the kind of music I love.

NadiaBella

Yes. Yes it did.

There's actually a really good song that uses real Latin! I love listening to it but I keep forgetting the name if I don't listen to it for a while. It's creepy but that's the kind of music I love.
Post it on here when you remember! The world must know

Alys_0_0

The_biscuits_532

Yes. Yes it did.

Ooo drop it I love music in foreign languages

Currently I've got:

Lindermann, Rammstein, Dschingis Khan, Corvus Corax, Meinhard - German
Длб (DLB), HBKN, Radio Tapok, Пневмослон (Pnevmoslon), Tarakany - Russian
The Hu, Hanggai - Mongolian
Korpiklaani - Finnish
Alien Weaponry - Maori
Skáld - Old Norse
JAM Project, ALI - Japanese
Bloodywood - Various Indian Languages
Heilung - Protogermanic
Bucovina, E An Na, Harmasar - Romanian