• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Just want to be clear on something...

So posting actual real life sex personals like it's a sex finder site is allowed on FA I guess?

Note: I'm obviously referring to something but I'm not linking to it because I'm just posting to ask the question, that's it. I also would appreciate anybody who knows what I'm referring to, to not link to it or mention names either.

Last edited:

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
FA isn't a dating site, but it is a community - so I can understand why people are looking for hookups here. However, I have no idea if it's allowed/tolerated/disallowed.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I would imagine not, but I'm sure there are some idiots who use it like that...

FA isn't a dating site, but it is a community... and a sexualised one. If people are looking on FA solely for hookups, sure, that's a little bit weird... I have no idea if it's allowed/tolerated/disallowed, though.

Well obviously if it's allowed here though is what I'm questioning. I know the community has a sexual side to it just like any community does, but I don't think flat out advertising on FA with detailed description of your actual genitalia with links to images and what you will and won't do is supposed to be on an artistic/story site like FA. Most people probably know what I'm referring to and since Trouble tickets don't answered & sending administrators notes and emails doesn't ever get me back a reply, I've had to resort to asking on the FA forum which will probably bring a bit of unrest... But hey, answer your damn queries admins and maybe I won't have to ask here.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
This is just the way I see it, but to me FA is art/text and music sharing site and these forums are mostly for topics relating to that and the furry fandom.
No-one should treat them as a "Here' my dick info, come fuck me now" kind of place

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Well obviously if it's allowed here though is what I'm questioning. I know the community has a sexual side to it just like any community does, but I don't think flat out advertising on FA with detailed description of your actual genitalia with links to images and what you will and won't do is supposed to be on an artistic/story site like FA. Most people probably know what I'm referring to and since Trouble tickets don't answered & sending administrators notes and emails doesn't ever get me back a reply, I've had to resort to asking on the FA forum which will probably bring a bit of unrest... But hey, answer your damn queries admins and maybe I won't have to ask here.

Linking to pictures of your genitals on the profile, or in submissions isn't allowed. Describing them is I suppose, if it is in an adult rated submission as some form of art...crotch poetry anyone?

if people are otherwise screaming 'date me' on their profiles I don't think I can summon the will to care.

Linking to pictures of your genitals on the profile, or in submissions isn't allowed. Describing them is I suppose, if it is in an adult rated submission as some form of art...crotch poetry anyone?

if people are otherwise screaming 'date me' on their profiles I don't think I can summon the will to care.

But ya see that's the thing... The person is not screaming date me. There's not dating involved here. He's actually literally screaming "I want to have sex with someone at AC. Here's all my info."

If it's all allowed and perfectly fine by staff then ok whatever. I'm really just curious about this and I'm not linking to the actual one in question for that reason.

Fallowfox

But ya see that's the thing... The person is not screaming date me. There's not dating involved here. He's actually literally screaming "I want to have sex with someone at AC. Here's all my info."

If it's all allowed and perfectly fine by staff then ok whatever. I'm really just curious about this and I'm not linking to the actual one in question for that reason.

If people are linking to material that the fa rules specifically state you can't link to, which is essentially any pictures of real human bodies that could be considered sexual, then it's not allowed.

I'm not sure whether 'I want to make love to someone' is allowed or not. I don't really care.

A solution could be advertising their personal email address for 'inquiries about [insert whatever here]'.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot

...are you talking about (nsfw)THAT submission?

Last edited:
...are you talking about xxx submission?

Thank you so much for following my request in the opening post...

Note: I'm obviously referring to something but I'm not linking to it because I'm just posting to ask the question, that's it. I also would appreciate anybody who knows what I'm referring to, to not link to it or mention names either.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Thank you so much for following my request in the opening post...

Cause I have seen this several times, so no I dont know who you are referring to but thanks for pointing out that IS what you are talking about

Fallowfox

As a general comment to this situation; don't provide links to pics of your genitals because the site isn't licensed for that.

Provide an artist's impression instead.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
this situation happens EVERY big convention, just most of the time the person does it via scraps or when they do post it they take it down after a while due to FA being rather fast with uploading and stuff getting knocked off the front page fast.

Each time its usually a drawing of the person's fursona in a suggestive pose (may it be them naked or clothed). The submission I linked the character was clothed (not fully, I would say socks and underwear is probably bare minimal on the general rule right?) but the subject of what they were talking about was quite adult rated hence the adult rating which I think is good for them to do. the person would then in the description provide a link OFF FA to which would give the general rules of such a thing happening (may it them looking for a good time, or just advertising an adult rated party at the con)

Journals though are the more dangerous due to journals dont have ratings (unlike what SoFurry does...they actually give their journals ratings) thus underage people would end up seeing this and even get the link which I didnt check the person did do a journal also (with also FA STILL being a butt with the time outs)

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
You would have to be one very sad individual to use FA for "casual encounters".

Bloo_roo

Frost's Emissary
Read the FAQ and TOS to answer your own question... if it is violating the rules the administrators will eventually get around to dealing with it, they can't be everywhere at once and your posts/texts are likely lost in an ocean of furry drama.