• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

K-R-Y-S-T-A-L!!!!!

WolfoxOkamichan

Luffs Buff Wuffs
Protip: Leon and Slippy have much more chance than Krystal. You know why? They're a lot more popular than her in Japan. Go ask people a lot in 2ch boards, image boards, tegaki blogs, etc. Heck, go even in Japanese dA people and ask them - they'd prefer Star Wolf or veteran Star Fox than her.

<biased>Krystal is made of fail.</biased>

Urban Wolf

I can hat!
Protip: Leon and Slippy have much more chance than Krystal. You know why? They're a lot more popular than her in Japan. Go ask people a lot in 2ch boards, image boards, tegaki blogs, etc. Heck, go even in Japanese dA people and ask them - they'd prefer Star Wolf or veteran Star Fox than her.

<biased>Krystal is made of fail.</biased>

or you could ask here XD I'd prefer wolf!

Dayken

*current user title*
My avatar (no, that's not me in it) was my reaction to the fact that someone had to dig up this "why no Krystal in Brawl" dead horse again. She didn't make it, deal with it.

SpaderG

thinks Jesus was a comedian.
Pokeing dead stuff with a stick. More fun than...something. I never owned any of these games or consoles, so whatever.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I'm glad she isnt in Brawl, I'm the group that wanted Fox Rival in the game. I like his attack style, though it would be funny that Krystal's staff was an item you can pic up.

SpaderG

thinks Jesus was a comedian.
-_- Name one that isn't obscure.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
I myself am not the planets biggest krystal fan. I mean, shes not teh best looking fur out there and to be honest shes sorta a nwe adition to the series. I would much rather see some other fur in smash bros before crystal.

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
Her character isn't really defined that well. I mean in Command she flip flops so freaking much you'd think she were a sheet of plywood. Her personality changes every couple of seconds and she's so indecisive about who to date it borders prostitution.
ERROR:
Her personality changes in Command so much because you can change the story so much. Heck, you can even make Slippy decide to abandon the team despite how much that breaks his character.

I'm telling you, man, she was the shit for about the first twenty minutes of Adventures. Soon after, though, then she became useless as shit.
As far as the story goes, she uses her telepathic powers to contribute to the team. They do jack for you in the actual gameplay (but then again, going by his competence Peppy's years of experience is equally useless), but as far as the story goes she's a contributing member of the team.

Because she's a useless as shit, Damsel-In-Distress. It's the Starfox version of Princess Peach.
She was captured in Dinosaur Planet... Since when has she been kidnapped after that? If anything she's like Daisy... She gets kidnapped once and then LEARNS from the mistake.

You know, if Krystal was in brawl, I would ultimately have a crack pairing with KrystalxMarth, just because I consider to compare that pairing to drugs. Good thing it's pretty low priority now.

capthavoc123

Master of Disaster
I don't care what else anyone thinks about Krystal, there is nobody who can deny that she had a drop-dead sexy voice in Assault.

Goddamn, the perfect female British accent.

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
You know, if Krystal was in brawl, I would ultimately have a crack pairing with KrystalxMarth, just because I consider to compare that pairing to drugs.
I hope you don't mind if I steal that quote for use at another forum...

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Because Krystal is to Starfox as Yoko is to the Beatles. Krystal is the cancer killing the franchise.
Heh heh... couldn't have said it better myself. You know, Dinosaur Planet was just supposed to be a game by itself, completely unrelated to Star Fox when it was under development.
This was the original design for her. Essentially, then, they stuck her in the franchise because they felt like Fox needed a love interest, and never bothered to expand on her character outside of that basic sense. She was never meant to exist!
And really, the only reason people think she's sexy is because she wore next to nothing in the first game and skin-tight pajamas in the second. It's a trick that unattractive women often use: take the attention off of the face and center it on the boobs. As long as those aren't wrinkled and sagging, men will come.

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
Heh heh... couldn't have said it better myself.
I hear that she's single-handedly what's bad about the series a lot, but I really think it's an exaggeration... While I admit I don't really care for her personally, the plot of each game at least makes use of her telepathy powers.

You know, Dinosaur Planet was just supposed to be a game by itself, completely unrelated to Star Fox when it was under development.
And had they not made it a Starfox game, nobody would have purchased it and it would have been doomed to obscurity as "just another Banjo-Tooie".

Yup, she was originally going to be a cat but was made a fox to match the main character's species.

Of course, the Command booklet thingie claims she is a cat, so either they made a typo or they decided to change her species back for some reason.

Essentially, then, they stuck her in the franchise because they felt like Fox needed a love interest, and never bothered to expand on her character outside of that basic sense. She was never meant to exist!
Not really... I think "wanting the game to actually sell" was more likely the reason for making it a SF game. Fox getting a love interest was just a perk that came with it.

And really, the only reason people think she's sexy is because she wore next to nothing in the first game and skin-tight pajamas in the second. It's a trick that unattractive women often use: take the attention off of the face and center it on the boobs. As long as those aren't wrinkled and sagging, men will come.
While I admit I am personally sick of her DP outfit, I don't think her Assault outfit can be put against her because everyone else has a rubber suit, as well to help with the Sci-Fi theme the series has (including Slippy... oh crap! DISTURBING IMAGES! DISTURBING IMAGES!). I think her Command outfit probably looks best though, if you were to ask me.

Back on to the actual topic, I don't think you can say that her outfit is the only reason people find her attractive, as that is really a subjective thing. I'm the only furry in existance who doesn't find Renamon attractive in any way, for example, but that doesn't mean I'm any more or less right than the people who do.

Last edited:

Claudia_Vial

Gamer, Reviewer... and Woman.
Alright then lets see... Krystal... Krystal... Oh you mean that walking bowl of mediocrity who's sole purpose in life is to convince everyone that subscribes to star fox's load of utter bullshit that fox is in no way, shape, or form taking it up the arse from either Falco, Peppy, Wolf or even a succession of the three. I mean seriously, it was nice to see Nintendo try hard to come up with something slightly different even though I hear over there now that offense is punishable by firing squad. Where they shoot at least three of your limbs off and leave you for an hour before they finally just slit your throat.

Anyways. That's what she feels like to me, like how the original star trek endlessly paraded captain kirk in front of random alien women to try and convince us he and sulu weren't having 'private briefing' sessions. It's just not working, not at least according to Deviant Art, FChan, Here and a lot of other furry websites showing every way shape and form conceivable how fox can be gay. Most of those arguments being infinitely more compelling than seeing Krystal and Fox cuddle... I mean while it's nice to see some 'official' furry T&A like most T&A it just doesn't add anything to any series known to man and proves that you're getting ready to jump the shark if you haven't already done it and not announced it.

Kind of like how I wanted to kill my dog yesterday since she was sick and in pain though she somehow avoided my 'special recipe' of cyanide and dog food and is on her way to recovery. Mostly because of my friend's advice. Something about cruelty to feral's... But back to the main point, there is no concevable reason for Krystal to exist other than to pretend to cuddle one of the most accepted gay furries known. Though I can't hit her too hard since I haven't played the supposed game she's featured in but I can't imagne her pussy being good enough to turn anyone off men. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't good enough to keep straight furs on females either which 'really' makes her fail at life...

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
It's just not working, not at least according to Deviant Art, FChan, Here and a lot of other furry websites showing every way shape and form conceivable how fox can be gay.
People always draw Marth in gay situations. That doesn't change the fact he is straight and even marrys his girlfriend, Sheeda at the end of his second game.

Fanstuff =/= game canon

Claudia_Vial

Gamer, Reviewer... and Woman.
People always draw Marth in gay situations. That doesn't change the fact he is straight and even marrys his girlfriend, Sheeda at the end of his second game.

Fanstuff =/= game canon

My point was there that, these websites make a more compelling argument than the actual cannon... Being that they didn't have to create an entire game around a lame excuse.

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
My point was there that, these websites make a more compelling argument than the actual cannon... Being that they didn't have to create an entire game around a lame excuse.
In that case I'd like to reiterate my point that they didn't make Dinosaur Planet a SF game to give Fox a girlfriend, they made it so that it would actually sell.

Last edited: