• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Kafka

Chanticleer

So I woke up one day and found out I was a furry.

To be perfectly honest my first thought after my sudden realization was "Oh !@#$". You see I live in a rather... politically and socially conservative community and I really doubt they would be that tolerant. So I've only told a few trusted friends and otherwise try to remain firmly planted in the proverbial closet.

On that note I was a bit nervous about setting up this account and thus did a variety of computer tricks to make it as anonymous as possible. (like building a computer from looted junk parts so they cannot be traced to me, password protecting my cookies, constantly clearing my history, creating a secret email account... you know basic stuff.)

But I realized that if I ever want to get in contact with the rest of the online community I'd have to bite the bullet and hope I didn't get mobbed.

So anyway hi! I'm Chanticleer and I'm an incredibly paranoid wolf/dragon.

Thietogreth

He who shale be ignored...
Your taking a big risk it seems. Well as long as it's following what you think is right it's ok right? anyway, welcome to FA oh oh ah =3 *holds out a plate of cookies* free cookies for new comers =3

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
TopazThunder said:
Now that's an introduction. :) Welcome to the forums and your steady descent into Perdition...I mean, wholesome family fun! *ahem* I have one question though, why is your topic named after Franz Kafka? Just wondering is all.

Drawing a comparison to how Gregor Samsa woke up one day and found out he was a cockroach?

TopazThunder

Noir Fetishist
Lobar said:
TopazThunder said:
Now that's an introduction. :) Welcome to the forums and your steady descent into Perdition...I mean, wholesome family fun! *ahem* I have one question though, why is your topic named after Franz Kafka? Just wondering is all.

Drawing a comparison to how Gregor Samsa woke up one day and found out he was a cockroach?

Indeed. Thanks for clarification. I would have gotten the reference any other time, but at the moment I'm functioning 50% due to sleep deprivation.

Chanticleer

TopazThunder said:
Lobar said:
TopazThunder said:

Indeed. Thanks for clarification. I would have gotten the reference any other time, but at the moment I'm functioning 50% due to sleep deprivation.

It was also a reference to the perverse yet slightly humorous qualities of my situation, but yeah he got the main idea.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
Welcome to the FA forums, Chanticleer (quite an interesting way to describe your realization of being a furry as an analogy to Kafka's "Metamorphosis," BTW :D). :) If you have any questions or concerns that you need addressed, please don't hesitate to ask around. You can direct them to me or the other staff members by PM, and we'll be glad to help you out in any way we can. :) Hope you enjoy your stay on here. ;)

Sangiin

TopazThunder said:
Lobar said:
TopazThunder said:

You think that's bad? My first thought was "They misspelled Kefka."

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Hmm...Where did I leave my Mobbing stick?...

uncia

Wow; culture, and not just from leaving that milk out of the fridge. + bonus points for the original non-cockroachy German, as that might suit even more, phps? ;)

*prrprrs* Greetings, Chanticleer!
Feel free to hang up that paranoia on a nearby hook (just in case req'd at short notice): there are plenty foxes around to be wary of, but not /everyone/ here works for Vanity Fair. *jk*

Best wishes & Enjoy the community,
David/uncia

(p.s./aside: To be honest, there's rarely any particular need to tell anyone, IRL, IMHO ^^).

uncia

Chanticleer said:
thanks!
I also took my name from the protagonist of "The Nun's Priest's Tale" Geoffrey Chaucer's beast fable.
*chuffles and points to the foxy reference* ^^

*nodnods* Certainly have to be wary of those critters; anthro or otherwise. ;)
Might appear cute and yifluffy on the outside...

reineke_2.jpg

uncia

Worth going the extra tale or two for someone who's spent time coming up with such a nick and good intro, Chanticleer. ;)

lobosabio said:
You're a chicken! You're a chicken!
"Paranoid" != "chicken"? *g*
Looks like a wolf/dragon from here, anyhow... *takes a side-step warily, just in case*

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Chanticleer said:
Bokracroc said:
Hmm...Where did I leave my Mobbing stick?...

*hides*
>:[ You're lucky, I could only find my Wailing and Whaling sticks.