• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

keeping odd/generally unloved/hated pets: support and advice

pediachnid

skittering about
hello again, im deciding on keeping a pet German cockroach that i found at work, problem is i cant find any advice besides people telling me to kill it, same when i shir the fact i keep spiders to people, and finding advice on the common centipede or harvestmen was a hassle, so im making this thread for people with experience with pets that most people consider "pest" and supporting each other a bit, after all, noone deserves to have their pet hated just because its a bit different than most

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
Although they prefer sweets, meats and starches, they are also known to consume other items such as hair, books and decaying matter.

In a funny kind of way, you could probably read guides on how to get rid of them to find out what they like. Just create the kind of hazards and environments that they tell you to get rid of inside it's case :'D

Pompadork

Bowman
This thread reminds me of Bogleech over on tumblr!

He’s a super swell artist who keeps lots of insects himself and even gave my friend advice on how to keep a silverfish she had found as a pet! He is really passionate about keeping “weird” pets I definitely suggest poking through his blog and even sending him a message!

pediachnid

skittering about
This thread reminds me of Bogleech over on tumblr!

He’s a super swell artist who keeps lots of insects himself and even gave my friend advice on how to keep a silverfish she had found as a pet! He is really passionate about keeping “weird” pets I definitely suggest poking through his blog and even sending him a message!

hes actually the reason why im keeping "pipboy" as i named him

edit:added "papa roach"

edit2: added "lucky"

Last edited:

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I used to raise a lot of mice. I don't have enough to give them sadly...so I live vicariously through my neighbor who has mice and rats and all that and I just love them so.

They are great animals but people relate them with being dirty so often...

Le Chat Nécro

most thugged-out dope hoe
I used to raise a lot of mice. I don't have enough to give them sadly...so I live vicariously through my neighbor who has mice and rats and all that and I just love them so.

They are great animals but people relate them with being dirty so often...
But mice are so cute!!

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
But mice are so cute!!
They are! And so loving!! And they all have their own unique little personalities. Though I learned I kinda prefer males...even though they aren’t as communal as females. I just clicked better with them.