• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Kemono style ref sheet/character design (SFW/NSFW) ~$150 (closed)

Zenkopan

I'm looking for an artist to help with designing a character and creating a ref sheet for the new character.

The catch is that I have a specific style I'm looking for and I'm trying to find an artist who feels they could replicate it or do something similar. The style is mostly seen with Japanese furry (kemono) artists and so language barrier has been an issue for finding an artist. The ones I do find that take commissions in English don't do ref sheets (at least in this style).

The best reference I have for the style I'm looking for is from the artist hazukikai:

Userpage of naka08042000 -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

Key points I'm looking at:
- A bright color pallet, with contrasting colors that work well together with softer styke shading
- An overall fluffiness with larger tufts of fur, and uneven transitions between coloring
- More feral/half-anthro style for paws and pads
- A "kemono" facial structure (larger eyes, anime-like hair, pointier muzzle, etc)

Some other examples with a similar style:
e621.net: #1106975: ebi_(pixiv395707)
e621.net: #254643: nme
e621.net: #993313: eixin
e621.net: #899664: corin (NSFW)
e621.net: #327782: kame_3 (NSFW)

I feel it's a bit weird, maybe even inappropriate, to try to commission a particular style as in a way I'm potentially asking an artist to change their style for this. That's why I'm posting this here so that only artist who might feel up for it can respond.

The price given is just a rough estimate of what I expect a single ref sheet to cost. I'm fine paying more or less depending on the requirements. I'd also be up for paying extra for SFW and NSFW variations.

Initial character details:
Species: fox/kitsune
Coloring: natural (few special markings if any)
Body: adult, but not particularly well endowed

Payment method is negotiable but Paypal is assumed. I can be reach either here, by note on FA, or by email with the username this is posted under @gmail.com.

EDIT: Thank you to everyone who responded. I believe I have found the artist I am going to go with, but a big thank you to everyone who took the time to reply or message me about this request.

Last edited:

solaris91

Hi! i would like to do your request ! here some example of my art and price.
If you want see more art, you can go here---> QueenSolaris on DeviantArt , and here you can find all the commission i made so far --->solaris91's profile — Weasyl
IF you need clarification, don't be afraid to ask :)

EXAMPLE:

character profile 25$:
20673424@400-1469558142.jpg

21284421@400-1475184193.jpg
20943790@400-1472044025.jpg
19136754@400-1455830067.jpg

Hi,

I'm interested in drawing this ref for you, by SFW and NSFW! I'm a full time freelance artist of 7 years, having worked in a variety of fields, from video games to comics and I have a fast turn around time for art pieces too. I also keep clients up to date with progress with previews of the images, so it changes are ever needed we can get to those early in the process! I will also send you an email!

Here are my portfolios!
Userpage of zannyhyperness -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
ZannyHyper's DeviantArt Gallery

You can get in touch with me here, on DA, FA or at my email JESPOLDEN(AT)GMAIL.COM

1488322835.zannyhyperness_workersmall.png
tumblr_o6crdf5FoA1t2t1who1_1280.png

More examples are below the spoiler!
1488322766.zannyhyperness_warriorsmall.png

1488322676.zannyhyperness_queensmall.png

tumblr_o623m4dxOl1t2t1who1_1280.png

sushy

Gundam Meister
I am interested too. Here are some examples of my artwork:

1486654708.sushy_pvt2017.jpg

1464118303.sushy_pichurusu_2016.jpg

1460661978.sushy_merman_2016.jpg

1455654312.sushy_sunflowers.jpg

1443012635.sushy_renamon.jpg

I also create reference sheets, here are a few of them:
www.furaffinity.net: [commission] StrangerCoug Reference Sheet 2 by sushy
www.furaffinity.net: [commission] StrangerCoug Main Reference Sheet by sushy
www.furaffinity.net: [commission] fox fursuit reference sheet by sushy
www.furaffinity.net: [commission] Kent the Siamese Lion Reference Sheet by sushy

I can make you a digitally painted reference sheet for $35 USD per full-body view.
Please note me on FA or e-mail me at sushychan(at)gmail.com if you want to work with me.

Tsuko-chi

Tsuko speaking.
Hello. If you would be interested, I have a more anime style and my colors are not crazy colorful but I can work with bright neon colors or high contrast color pallete to your taste. Here are some example's of my style.
P35Epp.jpg

As in style, drawing in a more feral anthro style is not new to me and if you want more exaggeration that is also fine.
I usually finish with a painterly brush but if you want a more linear cell shade aesthetic it's one less step for me.

If you are interested, contact me here or on my FA account tsuko-chi.

Last edited:

Telltale-Sheriff

I tend to use a more anime style closer to what you're looking for! And I don't mind trying to get a little closer to the kemono style you're looking for. I've added some non anthro references to show my anime style. I charge about $90 - $145 USD depending on the complexity. I will gladly do NSFW variations. If you want more art you can check my FA Userpage of telltale-sheriff -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
examples.jpg