• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Kennel-Life Conte$t.

Kennel-Life

Kennel-Life Conte$t: Final results are in!

If you click on the paw, and go to my scraps page, you will notice some images labeled A, B, C, D, E, and F.

You're challenge, is to take any three of these, and make a comic strip out of them.
You will need to create a title panel(You may call your comic whatever you want to.).
You may not readjust their size(They're 400x300pixels btw).
You may not completely remake them.
You may add to, or enhance them in any way you see fit, so long as the original panel is still identifiable.
You have until Midnight of March the 15th.(Almost March the 16th) to submit your comic.
On April 16th, whichever comic has the most faves will get $50 via PayPal from me.
Second most will get $30
Third: $20.

Last edited:

Kennel-Life

Addendum: I will only count any favoritings from March 2nd on. Any favoritings earlier than that will be ignored.

Kennel-Life

Feel the need to clear up a possible dillema here.

Once you've created your comic and wish to display it, leave me a message either here, or at my FA's page. I will then give you my e-mail for you to send the comic submission to me. Once I receive it I'll get it up ASAP onto my scraps page. Only those comics on my scraps page will have their favorites counted.
One favorite=one vote.
You are of course, welcome to post your comic on your page.

I am, --under suggestion-- toying with the idea of a judging panel, but If I do, those on the panel would not be allowed to submit a comic nor would I allow them to promote/influence the voting for a friends/relations comic.

Kennel-Life

Though of course, you do know that when a submission is admitted to scraps, it can't be publicly viewed through the FA browsing system, right? Only people watching your account can see them.

I've never had troubles doing as such.

Try it with a few random fur's pages here.

G

Greykitty

May I enter even though I've already works for you before? XD

Kennel-Life

2 people.
I'm seriously thinking of dropping this due to lack of interest, and I could be using the prize money elsewhere.
If five more people show an interest before Tuesday 2:30 PM CST I'll let this continue.

Kennel-Life

Well, here it is Tues. 23rd, twenty minutes after the deadline and there are 3 responses. I set the minimum to 5. So unless FA/FA forum heads say "Hey hey, no." I'm afraid the contest won't happen.

Lokis

Sorry, been busy...I was considering this, just haven't had the time to work on my entry yet. I'll keep an eye out to see if this will go or not.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES

*cackles evilly*

needs moar beatnick dadaist.

Last edited:

Kennel-Life

Okay, I'm going to allow myself to say that you guys have lousy timing. (and I know thats going to come back and bite me in the butt later on.) and I'm lousy at playing the role of the hardball, strict-rules wyrm.
Suffice to say, through here, and my FA sight, there's more than enough to possibly warrant continuing with the contest.

Serafina-- In know, I'm taking forever to respond to you. I just don't want to clarify things for you then wind up dropping the contest.

Anyways heres how things stand. I have 5 options

A: Continue on with the contest as planned. While I do have the money set aside, personal economic future indicators are showing some red flags and I may wind up needing to steal from the prize money which I really don't want to do.

B: Continue on with contest, but with no prizes.(I am cynically, morbidly curious as to how many here are here just for the chance of money.)

C: Continue on with contest but with greatly reduced prizes, say $50 first place, $30 second place and $20 third.

D: Hold off on contest until I get my tax return. (Which, I know I'm getting one.)

E: take the contest out back and let it die a quiet death.

So, which shall I do?

Lokis

Not so much lousy timing in my case as my own fault for not speaking up when this thread first popped up.

Take care of yourself. I'd say hold off on the contest for now, just in case you do need that money like you think you will need to. Weigh it carefully - IF you decide to go forward with the contest, wait til after you get your tax return, reduced prize amounts or not. I have no idea what red flags are going up for you, but if it's like any financial emergency I've run into even those reduced prize amounts could be needed by yourself.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Okay, I'm going to allow myself to say that you guys have lousy timing. (and I know thats going to come back and bite me in the butt later on.) and I'm lousy at playing the role of the hardball, strict-rules wyrm.
Suffice to say, through here, and my FA sight, there's more than enough to possibly warrant continuing with the contest.

Serafina-- In know, I'm taking forever to respond to you. I just don't want to clarify things for you then wind up dropping the contest.

Anyways heres how things stand. I have 5 options

A: Continue on with the contest as planned. While I do have the money set aside, personal economic future indicators are showing some red flags and I may wind up needing to steal from the prize money which I really don't want to do.

B: Continue on with contest, but with no prizes.(I am cynically, morbidly curious as to how many here are here just for the chance of money.)

C: Continue on with contest but with greatly reduced prizes, say $50 first place, $30 second place and $20 third.

D: Hold off on contest until I get my tax return. (Which, I know I'm getting one.)

E: take the contest out back and let it die a quiet death.

So, which shall I do?

well I made my enterance to the contest. it's VERY abstract.

I wouldnt mind if there were no prizes at all. I just wanted to do this.

but my opinion is to greatly reduce the prizes. I thought the winning prize was reaaally high anyway. I'd say.. winning prize: $25, 2nd: $10 and 3rd $5.

but again, I did it not for the prize but for an expression of inner emotion.

Kennel-Life

Okay, new prizes and deadline adjustments posted up top.
So far I have 11 that I know of that are entering.
KiraBlue
White Fenril
Hoshikitsunuki
GreyKitty
VoodooWolf
LionNe
SerafinatheVixen
Lokis
Lady Faegassr
Zrcalo
and Charlie.

When you've got your entry ready send me a PM here or on my FA page and I'll give you an e-mail address to send it to.