• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Kernel Panic...

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
TheShekinah said:
(To be honest, that's about all "kernel panic" means to me anyway... I'm clueless about this server stuff.)
A kernel panic is a blue screen of death. (But it's not running Windows, so it's not actually blue. But it has the same effect. Nothing for it except a restart...)

Tsuka

No no no no no.

A kernal panic is when you have an odd but unstoppable craving for a bucket of chicken at 2 am and KFC is closed.

T

TakeWalker

"Kernel Panic" would make an awesome band name.

Especially if you spelled it "Colonel".

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid
Tsuka said:
No no no no no.

A kernal panic is when you have an odd but unstoppable craving for a bucket of chicken at 2 am and KFC is closed.

lol, love it!!!!!

If I made an illustration of a kernel panic, it would end up looking like this:

images

Which is appropriate, don't you think?

RCRuskin

My team of supervillains:

General Chaos
Colonel Panic
Major Disaster
Private Angst

OK, needs some expanding, but I came up with this while working for Apple Computer Inc.

Lt_Havoc

SPADS Commander
You forgot Captain Terror

TheGru

Leave it to furry artist to make a good laugh out of the situation, this made my morning. :D

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
A kernel panic could be a type of fear of popcorn kernels. One of the staff was being naughty and eating popcorn to close to the server and it spazed out. XD

Alkora

Vgm22 said:
A kernel panic could be a type of fear of popcorn kernels. One of the staff was being naughty and eating popcorn to close to the server and it spazed out. XD

*laughs* Damn...and I was sure cooking my popcorn on the server's case was a GOOD idea :p

CyberFoxx

Wait, what?
Colonel Panic and General Failure, together, they will take over the world!

karoug

I programmed my old computer to play a wav of a screaming cat if it started to overheat. I forgot all about it until one day I was in the shower and...wondered "what the hell is that?!?" (one of my fans had failed) :eek:

ponyguy said:
I always thought the server should make a pathetic little scream when it panicked. Of course, if you start getting into sound effects, I think the stack dump would be popular in elementary schools.

Microsoftt

I found this when searching for Colonel Panic on Google Image: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1136/1034402382_94515f3437_b.jpg (NSFW)

It kind of wins.

<EDIT/Rhainor>
added NSFW tag, due to the Betty Boop double-exposure.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Progress update: I just checked both domains, and the ferroxart.net domain is now giving me "403: Forbidden" errors, so the server at that address is at least online and sending responses.

Still not getting any sort of response from furaffinity.net.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Fur Affinity is back on it's primary domain.