• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

kids yes or no?

Samandriel Morningstar

The Morningstar
I enjoy kids when they're not mine.
Other then that,I'm not having any kids or planning to adopt.
I can't deal with it.

Saokymo

Art Cookie
Got one of my own, and that's more than enough. Wasn't planning to get pregnant, but it happened so I rolled with it. He's turned into a pretty cool kid, and now that he's started school we get to look forward to learning all sorts of awesome cool stuff. Science projects! Field trips! Sports!

Kids are a lot of work if you're gonna do it right, but they can be a whole world of fun, too.

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
I'm sterile, so no kids for me.
We can always clone you and the clone can be your kid, even if there's no father. Done. Unless you want me to come back 22 years later where I fight her in Bespin where I cut her hand off and say that I am her father. :p

PrismaKitty

Draws with Claws
I'd like a child or two at most one day, but not until i'm at least 30-35. I have a tokophobia, so the idea of getting pregnant absolutely terrifies me. So IDK how i'll make that work. Probably adoption.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
Bleh.. too many of da lil' effers runnin' a muck now a days, any who. Too over populated as is, so the less people wanting kids is prob for the better.

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
Oh heck no.

spiderwolves

No.
I.... like kids I guess? They're fun once they can talk. Not fun enough to justify all the work & hardship (especially since I don't make much money. maybe if I were rich and could afford a nanny?). My gf doesn't really have the parental instinct either, we're just holding out for the day when we're both financially and geographically stable enough to adopt a dog or two.

pippi

Stinky Skunk
I have one. 0/10 would not have another. Babies are terrible, they get much better the older the child is.

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
I've got a long way to go before having kids can become an option, not least of all since it would be irresponsible for me to father a child when I don't have the financial or social support to do so, but being raised an only child does put the onus on me to consider having children at some point in my life.

With that said, I like children... when they're raised properly.

"Proper care and education for our children remains a cornerstone of our entire colonization effort. Children not only shape our future; they determine in many ways our present. Men and women work harder knowing their children are safe and close at hand, and never forget that, with children present, parents will defend their home to the death!" ~Col Corazon Santiago, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Mullerornis

Only if whoever ends up being my soulmate wants one. Ideally, not at all as I think children are a huge repsonsibility

malibu

I don't want kids, no. There was a point once with an ex girlfriend when I wanted to start a family, but looking back now it would have been a bad idea. I don't see myself ever wanting my own kids again. I may adopt in the future, though.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I am actually pretty surprised how vast the majority is that sides with "no kids".
I wonder where the correlation is. Young age (no parental instinct yet), sexual orientation (fandom being disproportionately queer) would be my first bets.

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
I am actually pretty surprised how vast the majority is that sides with "no kids".
I wonder where the correlation is. Young age (no parental instinct yet), sexual orientation (fandom being disproportionately queer) would be my first bets.
I'm asexual hetero romantic. I want to live alone. I have no plans of getting into a relationship, much less raising a kid.

Y

Yukkie

I don't really think I want kids. Dunno, my priorities lie elsewhere. I have a hard enough time getting myself up in the morning, and that's saying if I even wake up in the morning. Theeeeen again, I'm young. For all I know, in the future I might love kids. And then have like 12 of them.

Or I'll be lonely as fuck and have 12 cats instead.