• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

kids yes or no?

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
I am actually pretty surprised how vast the majority is that sides with "no kids".
I wonder where the correlation is. Young age (no parental instinct yet), sexual orientation (fandom being disproportionately queer) would be my first bets.

I just have no interest in sex so that kind of helps. I wouldn't say I'm asexual though; definitely some shit wrong with me

Last edited:

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
I am actually pretty surprised how vast the majority is that sides with "no kids".
I wonder where the correlation is. Young age (no parental instinct yet), sexual orientation (fandom being disproportionately queer) would be my first bets.
For me, it comes down to finances. My being single and with no significant other aside, I see it as being irresponsible to do so without that kind of backing.

Other than that, I see kids to be an investment worth committing to.

BayouBaby

Hoarder of Art Supplies and Books
7fabca6c1741b4bafcbadee0a895d5324b481c79105bfff6558122f979ed6013.jpg

glitchology

train hopping paint cryptid
IF I ever wanted one, it would be *one*, and only if I could raise him/her in the woods, like I grew up. But that would be dependent on someone actually able to stand me long enough to be in a long term relationship, so.. not something I have to worry about, I think. ;)

Nemnth

Nemnth Ferheart Dragon
I would say no. I don't like childern. If I had to though, I would adopt one. Childern arn't really my thing, as in I'm not the best with them. When I was younger, they would irratate me so much that some of my relatives where scared to leave them with me. I was the youngest out of 7 by the way. They would just bother me so much while I was playing my games and tried to focus on them that it just drove me nuts. This was back when I was 13 or 14 also.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
My bf and I agree that we don't want kids for quite a while. We might discuss adopting in the distant future, but I lean towards a big nope right now.

Gator

Uncledaddy
i'd like to adopt someday, if i have the resources before i get too damn old. so far it's not looking like that will be the case, but i guess you never know.

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
I know I commented here already, but the title of this thread could easily be misunderstood... especially with the track record the babyfurs have so kindly presented us with.

Well I mean they kind of do deserve the massive amount of shit they get so... yeah

All#the#fuR

Everything changed when the Fire Nation killed God
Harhar, I can't have kids (PCOS + endometriosis + mutated uterus yayyyyy!), even if I want, but NOOOOOOPE!

It's better to adopt anyway so you can look at it at least in a good way

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Kids are gross disgusting parasites that only have the function of being annoying and smelly. They however are a necessary evil to continue the human race... so I personally would not want one. Take from that what you will

TheKC

Fuzzy drawing dragon!
Both my husband and I don't want them. He is type 1 diabetic and wouldn't want to pass it on. I have some weird genes that shouldn't be passed on. We both in general not much into kids. We don't have a lot of money. Not sure how well we would be as parents.

Souva

Harmless Hyaenid
I on and off consider adopting in the distant future, but really, a kid would potentially hinder a lot of things I want to do in life. I'm sure my future wife would make me choose only one or the other when it comes to a child or a smattering of Burmese pythons and anacondas... and i'd prefer the snakes.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
I want to adopt even if I have my own biological kids. So basically yeah I want kids at some point hopefully not anytime soon.

Storok

670 blp
If i would get a father right now i would probably drop her and not contact her anymore

VanessaVanGogh

Just some Ninja Turtle trash.
I don't mind kids. They can be really fun and creative. :D

HOWEVER, I would never want any of my own. I'd make a terrible parent, and to be honest, I'm busy trying to work on my life right now. I don't think it'd be fair for me to have kids unless I wanted to devote everything to them. Because I think that's what a parent should do (though that's certainly not what my parents do).

Obsidia

I have never had the desire to have any. I'm child-free by choice. I do not hate kids, I absolutely adore my nephew and kids love me at family gatherings; but I have never had the desire to have any myself.

When I think of my future, goals hopes and dreams; never once has there been the mental image of me having a child.

I'll be 27 this year and my doctor still refuses to tie my tubes. Meh... So no, you aren't alone.