• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Kigurumi ‘fursuits’?

WizardLizard

Hello, forums! So fursuits are neat, but they’re also huge, expensive, hot, hard to see and move in, and impractical to travel with, which is why I’ve never been interested in owning one. I’ve been having a lot of fun lately making kigurumi, though, and I was thinking they might be good as a less expensive/bulky fursuit alternative for casual wear (or, like, sleeping in, they’re super comfy). Just trying to gauge potential interest before I get too far ahead of myself and start messing around with patterns and stuff, which I tend to do >>” Would anyone ever think about buying a custom kigu of their sona?

G

Ginza

I also would love to get a Kigu.. not gonna lie...

Not sure how much I’d wear it, but I’m sure it would be fun occasionally. The problem, is that they’re so expensive >.<

WizardLizard

Actually, a lot of people do c: And I know that there are at least 5 people who make custom Kigus for people, so yeah, and I've even thought of doing it ^-^

Ooh, good to know! I only saw a couple people doing them on etsy, but I’m new here and don’t really know where furries hang out online (seems like maybe discord is popular?) Thanks!

I would LOVE to get a kigu!! Especially a custom sona one! x3
Cool!

I also would love to get a Kigu.. not gonna lie...

Not sure how much I’d wear it, but I’m sure it would be fun occasionally. The problem, is that they’re so expensive >.<
Yeahhhh, nice fleece is surprisingly pricey :c I’d rather get a $100-200 kigu than a $2000 fursuit, though.

Ooh, good to know! I only saw a couple people doing them on etsy, but I’m new here and don’t really know where furries hang out online (seems like maybe discord is popular?) Thanks!
I believe the most popular place furries hang out is probably FurAffinity c: Either that or maybe YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, social media in general?

MaryHm99

I don`t know why would you purchase one. I mean they are so unpractical and cost a lot! Relating traveling, no problem at all! I have seen once a group of teens dressed in fursuits at the airport :D it remembered me about myself travelinga only with a hand luggage with all the clothes dressed on myself ahaha student reality!! Anyway, why don`t you just purchase and adult onesie? It is almost the same, but costs less and is much more comfortable to wear. My kids used to sleep in kigurumi onesies and they were feeling very comfortable. But I guess they are only the home version, idk if you could wear it outside.

Last edited:

sleepy kitty

Purrfect hair forever! :)
Cool idea! A Kigu of Annabelle seems more my style, rather than an actual fursuit (I'm uncomfortable with the idea of wearing a fursuit).

just.chillin

Owning a kigu is the closest thing to having a fursuit I've ever gone, in a way it's sort of a cost friendly fursuit already.