• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

KINECT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirRob

"Samurai Girls Embraces The Wrong Kind of Bukkake"
"Shiki Guro Vivisection Anime"
"Rapist Saves Man From Buying Trap Bride"
"Japanese Women Surprisingly Single"
"The 4th episode of Motto To Love-Ru has aired in uncensored form, revealing more artistic female nudity than…"

...What.

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
I am black and my webcam doesn't pick up my facial expressions in a dark room THAT'S RACIST
But aren't you camouflaged? Need white people to play the game in the snow to be sure.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
"Well, I suppose they're nice enough people, like you and I... but why would they paint themselves black? That is a silly thing."
Reminds me of my childhood, when I used to think that black people were black because of severe sunburn.

...I was young and reckless, dammit.

"Samurai Girls Embraces The Wrong Kind of Bukkake"
"Rapist Saves Man From Buying Trap Bride"
"Japanese Women Surprisingly Single"
"The 4th episode of Motto To Love-Ru has aired in uncensored form, revealing more artistic female nudity than…"

...What.
It was linked to me by a friend and he happened to be a bit of an animufaggot. That's pretty much my only excuse.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
lol I saw this ages ago. Hilarity.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I watched that episode on Funimation...
HUSBAND WHO IS A DOCTOR KILLS HIS WIFE TURNED VAMPIRE TO LEARN HOW TO KILL OTHER VAMPIRES WHO IS TAKING OVER THE VILLAGE HE IS A DOCTOR FOR

aiden749

that's fucking hilarious

it's just a problem with the camera of course, but still

Folgrimeo

I was relieved to see this problem was restricted to facial recognition and not body motion. That means this is a familiar problem. I'd think after the HP webcam debacle that Microsoft would at least test facial recognition on black people under normal conditions. And that if nothing else, they could work to solve this problem so that other companies don't get slapped with similar "X is racist" YouTube videos. It's a technology problem that you'd think would be easy to spot. Maybe they could test the lightness of the main moving object, and then based on that adjust its sensitivity to contrast so it'd have an easier time picking up darker-skinned people.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Oh no, Microsoft really dropped the ball here. Before this revelation, shitloads of black people were going to buy this piece of shit, right?

Reminds me of my childhood, when I used to think that black people were black because of severe sunburn.

...I was young and reckless, dammit.

... No, you were retarded.

so that explains why no one cares about my posts

No one cares about your posts because you never actually say much.

YoshiChief

Music Techy
Wow, that's kinda funny xD.

I also remember the photoshop story. I couldn't believe someone thought they would get away with it xD

Karimah

Reject if Seal is Broken
jnjyxa31o8_thats_racist_animated1.gif

This thread has made my day.

Lapdog

Not the kind that sits on laps
Its Microsoft. That's the problem.

00vapour

not a nerf herder
... yeah except that the article also goes on to say that:

sankakucomplex said:
Kinect had no problems identifying a third dark-skinned GameSpot employee, recognizing his face after a single calibration. Lighter-skinned employees were also consistently picked up on the first try.
It’s important to note that the problems were only experienced with the system’s facial recognition feature and don’t prevent users from playing Kinect games. Skeletal tracking, a primary means of controlling games with Kinect, appeared to work the same for all GameSpot employees.

So it still works for black people.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority

Lapdog

Not the kind that sits on laps
Status
Not open for further replies.