• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Kingdom Hearts and Furries?

MorbidWolf

Wolfmon
I have seen concept art of Sora and he has a lion tail.. Why they scrapped that I'll probably never know but with the main chars being both anthros and humans you have to consider the possibility that some of the people working there are into furries. Also there is The Pride Lands in Kingdom Hearts II where you are indeed a furry. Has this been brought up by anyone at all or is it just me being crazy? There is also the anthro Heartless bosses. (Dark Thorn, Stealth Sneak, Groundshaker's Shaman was a monkey) Also there are several furry heartless. Shamans, Powerwilds, That centaur in Land of Dragons,(I never heard of centaurs in Asian mythology so why is that there?!) I'm curious if any else thinks that Kingdom Hearts has a lot of furry nods.

Vær

Mr. Prickles
Honestly....I thinks it's doubtful that anything in Kingdom Hearts has nods to the Fandom. I mean...it's part Disney. Disney has been using anthro characters for decades! It has nothing to do with furries. Then again I know nothing of the thoughts, hobbies, and ideals the artists have so who knows! Maybe some of them are furries.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
There are those who have suspected Nomura of being a furry due to these things. I don't think its impossible, but there isn't enough evidence I think to really back it up. As for why they scrapped Sora's original design, they probably thought it was unappealing and that it'd be hard to attract some fans to the series with his original design. As for Heartless design, they needed a good bit of variety in their monsters. Monsters are boring if they all look the same, so its not out of the question that they'd make some rather anthro in design.

I don't think Powerwilds really count as anthro though; they seemed more like just plain primates to me.

MorbidWolf

Wolfmon
True but Shaman is absolutely anthro. Its a monkey wearing a mask and casts spells. And Maybe but I was thinking bout the wilds in general those slingshooters for one. And I suppose The heartless not a very good point in my argument..

MorbidWolf

Wolfmon
Honestly I like the design that was picked for Sora. Anthro monsters and charaters are a common thing in fantasy video games.

That would make every fantasy artist a furry..

I know that I just think maybe there some nods to fur fandom to compensate for the scrapped Sora look I mean he was a neko originally but they went with human. Hmm I just can't get over the concept art might be a hint he liked anthros.

Maugryph

I know that I just think maybe there some nods to fur fandom to compensate for the scrapped Sora look I mean he was a neko originally but they went with human. Hmm I just can't get over the concept art might be a hint he liked anthros.

Anthro creatures are cool. Couldn't blame him if he was one :)

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
The heartless are for the most part human shaped. (Unless you count those floating balls in the 1st game or the little bell ones based off final fantasy magic)

So any heartless based off an animal is just...you know...an animal. Not a half human/person thing. More like...an evil spirit with a motif.

MorbidWolf

Wolfmon
Anthro creatures are cool. Couldn't blame him if he was one :)

Haha I know! And all those Nightmares/Dreams in Dream Drop were all animals not a single one was based off something else. I mean sure they need be kid friendly but no none animal Dreameater at all?? Hmmm..

The heartless are for the most part human shaped. (Unless you count those floating balls in the 1st game or the little bell ones based off final fantasy magic)

So any heartless based off an animal is just...you know...an animal. Not a half human/person thing. More like...an evil spirit with a motif.
For most part? You seem to only count two. There were lots of non humanoid heartless a ton of not human shape in fact. And the bosses have some degree of human intellect. I mean thematically speaking the oven in Wonderland would have to be lit manually and Trickmaster lights them instantly. Also Stealth Sneak is the only animal like heartless boss that uses its natural gift. The Illuminator has a tongue that biologically would allow it to trip up the party but he never does anything with it. Also Heartless are not evil their carnivores with a swarm mentality. They all obey the strongest one.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
The chances of KH3 going furry is actually pretty high with all the anthro characters in disney and FF. If it was to happen it would most likely be in a robin hood setting which would work out perfectly considering. I also predict a starwars, frozen and marvel heroes worlds...kill me now.
You know whaf world i would like to see? UP!
The whole Arial combat thing could be done again but be really scenic with the new gens graphics not to mention it would be pretty hilarious watching mr fedrickson kick the crap out of a huge boss with his walking stick.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Even if the heartless were 'furries' I don't think the game maker is sending a positive sentiment towards them when our goal as the player is to bludgeon them to death. :B

MorbidWolf

Wolfmon
Sure ^_^
No homo

*pecks on cheek*

Anyway. There are a lot of movies that Disney can use. Haunted Mansion(more the ride) And they need to bring back Halloween town its been in 1 and 2 and has to be in 3 darn it! Also as long as the plot is cool I'll concede to live action movies in KH...

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I had a quick research into what worlds there is going to be and well this is what i learned
1. Destiny islands may make a return
2. An image of Sora running next to wolvereine can be seen and has been hinted at so its very likely
3. The director for kh would like starwars to be included but its unlikely ATM
4. Frozen has been hinted but only the characters as i have heard from an interview so its likely they will be summons.
5. A few more well known areas and characters are making a return, expect to play as Mickey.
6. Nothing on any anthro worlds get but it could happen, has as good of a chance as any.
None of these worlds has been confirmed btw so keep that in mind.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
The thought of Kingdom Hearts tainting marvel, especially X-Men, makes me a sad panda :C

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
The thought of Kingdom Hearts tainting marvel, especially X-Men, makes me a sad panda :C

*squints eyes at Garth* wait a minute....your not a panda, ARE YOU A HEARTLESS!!!!?????
*grabs an ordinary key and tries to bludgeon you to death with it*

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
you know what has really pissed me off?
Final fantasy, for a game that is meant to be final fantasy meets Disney there's quite a little of final fantasy involved.
I want at least one final fantasy world. I want Sora to ride on a chocobo, i want to play blitz ball with tidus and waka not get pelted with them at the tutorial level, i want.....i dunno to see yuna use her aeons while you use your summons to fight a boss. It wouldn't be a bad idea instead of having about 5 FF characters per game.

MorbidWolf

Wolfmon
Final fantasy, for a game that is meant to be final fantasy meets Disney there's quite a little of final fantasy involved.
I want at least one final fantasy world. I want Sora to ride on a chocobo, i want to play blitz ball with tidus and waka not get pelted with them at the tutorial level, i want.....i dunno to see yuna use her aeons while you use your summons to fight a boss. It wouldn't be a bad idea instead of having about 5 FF characters per game.

Don't forget their all minor chars.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Funny...I think of it as Marvel tainting Kingdom Hearts....
The styles don't really fit at all. Even Star Wars makes more sense to me than Marvel characters in KH.
Nomura said that he wants to move away from using Final Fantasy characters as anything more than cameos. He wants there to be more of a move to original content as Kingdom Hearts continues. Of course the Disney will always be prevalent since he wants to keep a good relationship with Disney. He says people playing Kingdom Hearts will come to recognize KH characters, but not all of them have played some Final Fantasy games.

Also in Kingdom Hearts II Yuna appears as a little pixie thing in Hollow Bastion. Her summoning Aeons in that form would be weird, and seeing her in any other form would break preestablished canon.

Last edited:

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Also Heartless are not evil their carnivores with a swarm mentality. They all obey the strongest one.

I'll concede with you that the heartless are not evil (even though the creators are pretty vague on that since they never really wanna pin down what "darkness" is). But they don't exactly obey anything except a darkness manipulator (Ie: Riku, Jafar, Maleficent)or their own hunger. In fact, its kinda implied they serve them to eventually devour their hearts.

The Darkness is what motivates the heartless. It's the one calling the shot.

*KH dork mode off*