• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Kingdom Hearts and Furries?

TrishaCat

The Iron Masked Cat in the FAF
Sora's original design (forgive me for the large size):
xPDhViU.jpg

Note that his arms, legs, and face all have fur on them.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Kingdom Hearts is for nerds.

Who did you think you were talking to sports enthusiasts?

Btw I'm kinda glad we got the human version of Sora, the original design just feels off putting and kinda weird. Most neko characters have a charm to their looks but Sora doesn't look right.

TrishaCat

The Iron Masked Cat in the FAF
I don't think he looks right either. His KH2 design is best in my opinion.

The chances of KH3 going furry is actually pretty high with all the anthro characters in disney and FF. If it was to happen it would most likely be in a robin hood setting which would work out perfectly considering.

I completely agree. They definitely need to bring in some older stories too. Robin Hood would be a great one. But, what about Oswald? THAT would be amazing. (also there's this: http://tysontan.deviantart.com/art/Oswald-in-Kingdom-Hearts-190630968)

Maugryph

MorbidWolf

Wolfmon
I don't see why we need to bring out Marvel and Star Wars levels.. There are tons of movies they can use. And shrink them down and use Rescuers or use Robin Hood or Sword in The Stone. Also I think the only thing wrong bout the concept is Sora's face. I think if it was a furry face it be totally awesome and just perfect and cute. But oh well we KH furry lovers can have Lion Sora.

Last edited:

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I don't see why we need to bring out Marvel and Star Wars levels.. There are tons of movies they can use. And shrink them down and use Rescuers or use Robin Hood or Sword in The Stone. Also I think the only thing wrong bout the concept is Sora's face.

I too thought a Rescuers world woulda been cute. But really, they've been out of ideas since Kingdom Hearts 2. (Musical Atlantica anyone?)

I too thought a Rescuers world woulda been cute. But really, they've been out of ideas since Kingdom Hearts 2. (Musical Atlantica anyone?)

Rescuers would be wonderful. It's a completely under-emphasized Disney film. Hunchback would be interesting, and Brother Bear might be considered.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
At this point, Why not just slap in fucking Sonic already?

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
that would make the game barely playable due to strange glitches.

Maybe that is sonic's true power. He glitches the heartless/nobodies/any other stupid enemies out of the game.

But nah i think kingdom hearts worlds will work well if they use some of the older stuff. I think toy story would be a really interesting idea and might add a silly stealth mechanic to the world (hide from Andy or Bonnie depending on when the world is based). Maybe treasure planet might be a fun one to see too.

Or hey what about one based on the Disney channel? :V
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PfsUIxCj5Zk

Last edited:

FurryDestiny

Well I always thought some Kingdom Hearts developers were Furries, but I guess its highly possible that they were sticking to the same Disney theme of Anthropomorphic creatures.

But if Square did add a Final Fantasy world (that would be really over sized for one world of Kingdom Hearts) what would would it be? Mine would have to be Spira from Final Fantasy X.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Final fantasy's story themes are too dark to fit the light hearted and insipid themes of the Disney worlds. It would stick out too much if they got their own world. Its why they've just been relegated to being the 'badass' side characters that are only good for kicking butt when necessary and brooding in the corner the rest of the time.

Twylyght

Well I always thought some Kingdom Hearts developers were Furries, but I guess its highly possible that they were sticking to the same Disney theme of Anthropomorphic creatures.

But if Square did add a Final Fantasy world (that would be really over sized for one world of Kingdom Hearts) what would would it be? Mine would have to be Spira from Final Fantasy X.

The thing about Final Fantasy worlds is that unless you are a hard core Final Fantasy fan, it's hard to tell one world from another. At least it is for me. The two worlds that stand out the most to me is Gaia from FF7(because the world was ending) and Spira from FF10 (because it was the opposite of Gaia until you realize that a religion aloud scores of people to die every 10 yrs). See, Square characters stick out more in my mind then what world they come from.

Now if they want to step away from Final Fantasy and try one of Square's other properties, they could try Chrono Trigger. The theme of time travel might fit well with the series if you played Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance. Hmm, I'm not sure about the Mana or Saga games. Heh, could you see a world based on the Drakengard games? I can't see a storyline in that that wouldn't get really strange XD. Or better yet, Parasite Eve. I'd love to see Sora and his friends deal with random mutations and people turning into giant puddles of goo lol

Last edited:

cutiepyro

The thing about Final Fantasy worlds is that unless you are a hard core Final Fantasy fan, it's hard to tell one world from another. At least it is for me. The two worlds that stand out the most to me is Gaia from FF7(because the world was ending) and Spira from FF10 (because it was the opposite of Gaia until you realize that a religion aloud scores of people to die every 10 yrs). See, Square characters stick out more in my mind then what world they come from.

Now if they want to step away from Final Fantasy and try one of Square's other properties, they could try Chrono Trigger. The theme of time travel might fit well with the series if you played Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance. Hmm, I'm not sure about the Mana or Saga games. Heh, could you see a world based on the Drakengard games? I can't see a storyline in that that wouldn't get really strange XD. Or better yet, Parasite Eve. I'd love to see Sora and his friends deal with random mutations and people turning into giant puddles of goo lol

chrono trigger? no, square's not smart enough to do anything with that game.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I honestly think if they were to get permission from other studios other than square and Disney i think things would work well. I'd love to see a sly cooper world, that would be pretty fun, maybe even get chased by carmelieta Fox for a mini boss.
But most likely they would best work with capcom, plenty of games to choose from (i just hope they don't choose ace attorney, that world would be boring)