• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Kitty cat head almost done!

Dokid

Here's what I've done so far. Also the ears are a bit lopsided due to one fleece (on the inside) being too long. I'll shorten it up a bit tomorrow.

What I don't really like though is just how shape..less it is. But, my sister likes it the way it is so it'll have to do.

It still needs eyes, whiskers, teeth, hood, and neck.

macaroons

Confectionery
If you don't like the shapelessness, you can always shave a little bit more into corners of the face to give it the impression of shape (provided that there's still some fur that can be shaven away). But if your sister is content with it, then it's certainly not needed.
Right now, as a whole, it's looking pretty good. I personally love the nose; it looks boopable! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. :)

Dokid

If you don't like the shapelessness, you can always shave a little bit more into corners of the face to give it the impression of shape (provided that there's still some fur that can be shaven away). But if your sister is content with it, then it's certainly not needed.
Right now, as a whole, it's looking pretty good. I personally love the nose; it looks boopable! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. :)

The shapeless look is mostly due to how I sculpted the foam. I'm always afraid that i'll shave too much down. So for the red panda I'm making next or the next kitty (depending on if the person actually can pay the 40% down) I'l definitely go for more of a dynamic shape.

Not to mention this is going on an 8 year olds head. So I tried keeping it small as possible but room to grow with her.

The nose was made by dream vision creations haha so you can credit that to them.

macaroons

Confectionery
Ah, I understand. Yes, in that case, next time a more exaggerated/dynamic shape would most certainly solve the problem.
Also, that's adorable! She's very lucky to have her older sister make something like that for her. Was it tricky to figure out that extra amount of room she's going to need? I'm curious because my cousin (who's 10) has been wanting one for a while, and I might make one for her before I make my own.
I'll have a look at their webstore, thank you!

Dokid

Ah, I understand. Yes, in that case, next time a more exaggerated/dynamic shape would most certainly solve the problem.
Also, that's adorable! She's very lucky to have her older sister make something like that for her. Was it tricky to figure out that extra amount of room she's going to need? I'm curious because my cousin (who's 10) has been wanting one for a while, and I might make one for her before I make my own.
I'll have a look at their webstore, thank you!

well it's loose enough that it moves around but it's for halloween. So loose is okay. I had to tell her that if she got too hot that she can take it off as well and how to clean it properly.

The hands though will be her size. I'll put a bit more room but all in all they'll last her until her next growth spurt. You should make one for your cousin! She'll love it hopefully.

macaroons

Confectionery
It's great that you're giving her the care and safety details. I'll have to note that down too, especially considering my cousin has a lot of energy and runs around a lot! I'll strongly consider making one for her, because she always loves seeing the fursuits that I come across on FA and such. If she wants some hands, I think I'll do what you're going to do and give just a little bit of room so she doesn't outgrow them immediately.
Thanks for sharing that information! It really helped.