• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Kothorix's video made me stop being a furry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This video is being recommended to everyone on YouTube, and it not only made me leave the furry fandom but also hate it, not only because of the points in the video which I believe to be true, but the comments are full of anti-furries and are like "gas the furries" and "if furries want to be animals then we have the right to euthanize them" and "gamers rise up", and I care about what people think of the fandom and I didn't want to be made fun of or bullied or thought of negatively anymore.

Attachments

• sketch-1542086265912.png
    sketch-1542086265912.png
    754.3 KB · Views: 315
F

FoxyForest

Maybe you should learn to not care what people think of you. I am furry, I like the artwork, I like the adult artwork, I think it's okay that people have fursuits, I think it's okay if people have murrsuits.

Yes, there are animal abusing zoophiles in the fandom, there are pedophiles in the fandom, but the fandom doesn't turn them into those things. The furry fandom is honestly what you make of it, there is no defining rule or one voice that speaks for everyone in this fandom. That's because there are so many unique individuals with their own interpretation as to what the fandom means to them.

If someone talks crap about me being a furry I wouldn't care, because all the things they say about me aren't true, so it doesn't bother me at all.

To be honest I suggest you avoid the pointless drama like the plague. It's not going to get anyone anywhere in life, and the only thing it'll do is cause unnecessary worrying. How I see it is; I will forever be a 'furry' and I won't let anyone get in between me and my preferred hobbies.

Furryfox777

Gentle as snow
That's interesting :eek:
As a newly arrived, I can't speak to the validity of the things he brings up in the video. There is no doubt going to be some truth there, though. In which case.. That's kind of scary and off-putting.
But ultimately, the things he brings up are a generalization and don't apply universally. Not everyone is all or even any of the things he says.

Any community or fandom is the sum of its members - or to put it more plainly: what the community is like is entirely shaped by the people in it. That said, being a furry is an individual experience, as we each are drawn to different elements of it. We simply have a common denominator in our interest in anthropomorphic animals.
And humans are social creatures, so we want to be accepted and feel a sense of belonging somewhere. For many people, they find that in being a furry and immersing themselves in this interest along with other like-minded people.

What's the point I'm getting at?
It's understandable to be frustrated in seeing this video. It's understandable not wanting to be scorned. And if seeing the things he says and seeing the constant disdain of furries makes you want to leave it behind, I can understand as much. If "being a furry" is a cause for stress in your life, leaving it is perfectly understandable. But if it's something you like and feel drawn to, then I think it would be better to help shape the fandom into a more healthy environment, one that you can enjoy and be proud of :D

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Hmmmm. This sounds like someone else who used to be on here, but they got banned. So tbey made another account, talked more bullshit, and got banned again. It really doesn't matter how many alt accounts you create, you still talk the same shit, and noone is gonna listen, because we know the truth.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I just watched that video. Sounds to me like Kothorix is just playing the pity me victim card. Sounds to me like he was an enabler. If you have been preyed upon, then why wouldn't you tell? Not only didn't he tell, but he continued to be that victim for 10 more years. Not saying that two wrongs make a right, but it sounds like he got exactly what he wanted.

Someguy69

Banned
Banned
I don't quite like this guy since he's said some pretty freaky things about people who were into kiddos if I remember correctly. I do have mixed feelings about the fandom though. I feel like too much crap gets pushed under the rug from people who either secretly support some stuff or people who just let it happen without saying a word.

FeministFoxFelicia

Foxy Felicia
Banned
I just watched that video. Sounds to me like Kothorix is just playing the pity me victim card. Sounds to me like he was an enabler. If you have been preyed upon, then why wouldn't you tell? Not only didn't he tell, but he continued to be that victim for 10 more years. Not saying that two wrongs make a right, but it sounds like he got exactly what he wanted.

Victim blaming mode enabled.

Well done, no wonder all the things that person spoke about is rampant in the community if people like you shoot the messenger instead.

Hmmmm. This sounds like someone else who used to be on here, but they got banned. So tbey made another account, talked more bullshit, and got banned again. It really doesn't matter how many alt accounts you create, you still talk the same shit, and noone is gonna listen, because we know the truth.
Wasn't this already posted before...
Whoever this guy is, I'm not them. And I found the thread, they haven't been banned.

Yakamaru

Å nei, cringe
Another thread that will inevitably be labeled a dumpster fire.

To quote a certain white stormtrooper from a certain movie who had a certain Jedi pull a certain trick: "This is not the thread you're looking for."

Another thread that will inevitably be labeled a dumpster fire.

To quote a certain white stormtrooper from a certain movie who had a certain Jedi pull a certain trick: "This is not the thread you're looking for."
Another day another alt I suppose :/
Didn’t we already argue about this topic?

That guy was looking for refutations for that Kothorix said, I'm looking for ways to deal with the inevitable hate and death of the fandom that will come out of this.
I doubt people will listen, but I’ll try to put my 2 cents in

1.) He got involved with all the drama and hate, that’s why he experienced it. It’s like getting in a pool and complaining that it’s wet. If you purposely get involved with the drama, you’ll receive it back. While I do acknowledge these issues exist, they aren’t as extreme for the average fur as he claims.

2.) The furry fandom is more of an idea than a community imo, And the fandom is huge. It would be extremely difficult to kill something off just like that

Status
Not open for further replies.