• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

La-Mulana Remake

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
[yt]0xJZE80MfDw[/yt]

It came out a few weeks ago, so I figured I'd make a thread.
La Mulana Remake was originally supposed to come out for Wiiware (and I think it did, in Japan), but issues with the decline of Wiiware left the english release to become a PC game.
They have it for $15 here: http://www.playism-games.com/games/lamulana/

I'm currently stuck trying to get the chain whip (they made the grapple claw a lot easier to use, but damn that fire geyser wall).
They changed a few things. Added some checkpoints and healing spots. Moved some items around. Added a lot of instant death traps. And bosses and minibosses seem to be significantly harder. New fairies. Confusion Gate has an entirely different name.

This game can also be kind of frustratingly hard, especially with the bosses and puzzles if you don't use a guide.

Anyone played it? Anyone played the original? Ever get to / beat / have any funny stories about Hell Temple?

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
I've never played Spelunker,
but La Mulana is very much a Metroidvania game.
One boss even has a Gradius-inspired fight.
You might like it. I'd say try out the original, if you're wary about spending money. It's free.

Stratelier

Played the original, made it all the way to round 2 of the final boss (though without a guide, I didn't even make it to the first boss).

I've seen videos of the bosses in the remake, and some of them just look easier. For example, Sakit becomes vulnerable to subweapons (i.e. shurikens) halfway through his battle, and you don't have to worry about falling into water during the Bahamut battle. Tiamat battle was apparently changed totally (and potentially easier; they could hit her with the axe just by double-jumping, no need to climb around on platforms).