• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Last movie you watched!

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
You're killin' me, Smalls!
That movie was filmed close to where I live. I go drive by the sand lot every once in a while. It’s still there. All though it’s just weeds now. The houses with the dog and tree house were fake though… so they are not there any more.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Angel heart. In case you're wondering where Shutter Island and half the Hellraiser franchise came from, watch this

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
I’m watching a movie called confessions of a superhero right now. This movie is kind of depressing. Has anyone else seen this?

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
Speed Racer, the Wachowski sister version.

Ok, so it is a guilty pleasure. I think it did fine in the spirit of the original, but didn't quite get it right. I just love the colors and textures.
Also films i think don't do cookie cutter and attempt new and different.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
Speed Racer, the Wachowski sister version.

Ok, so it is a guilty pleasure. I think it did fine in the spirit of the original, but didn't quite get it right. I just love the colors and textures.
Also films i think don't do cookie cutter and attempt new and different.
Speaking of them I’m actually excited for the matrix 4… although it’s only one of them directing it.

Minerva_Minx

2 weeks for Ghostbusters

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
2 weeks for Ghostbusters
Oh… i’m gonna be there. I’ve been waiting for a Ghostbusters sequel (not a reboot) since I was a little kid. I’m hearing good things about the movie and I’m unbelievably excited.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explanation marks prove how excited I am. :)

BadRoy

Snake awakens
I watched Lamb last week and it was great in every department but the writing. I just didn't really get the message it was going for, but I suppose it was more of a 'modern myth' kind of story.

I loved how uncanny Ada the sheep girl was. I mean the effects were good, but they clearly meant for her to look unnatural.

Lamb-A24-1.jpg

Minerva_Minx

Hercules. The animated Disney one.

Megara is so naughty and sultry and it's just fun. Being older you can tell story jumps, but it flows so well.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
Just got back from Ghostbusters 3. I loved it. I don’t think it’s as good as the first one, but it’s 1 million times better than the 2016 remake… and probably better than Ghostbusters 2.

There’s a mid credit scene that’s funny and just made me smile, and a post credit scene which sets up Ghostbusters 4… I’m pretty freaking excited for that movie!!!

Minerva_Minx

OMG! Ghostbusters 3 was light years away from the 2016 reboot! I think it's better than 2 even. The critics are trying to trash it based on 2016 but it builds up the entire way and pays off in the end. There is a slowdown, but it is repaid with Interest. It made me want to go to a theater again, it's that damn good!

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
OMG! Ghostbusters 3 was light years away from the 2016 reboot! I think it's better than 2 even. The critics are trying to trash it based on 2016 but it builds up the entire way and pays off in the end. There is a slowdown, but it is repaid with Interest. It made me want to go to a theater again, it's that damn good!
Did you stay till the very end of the credits?

That made me like hyper excited ghostbusters 4

I kind of like how the first two movies were of Vankman centric movies. This one was another ghost buster centric movie (not going to spoil). And 4 is clearly going to be yet a different ghostbuster centric movie… and I’m guessing if the make it to 5 it will center around the last ghostbuster

Ps

Are you a god?

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
And I have got to get me some of those mini stay puffed toys those things are adorable!!!

Minerva_Minx

Favorite line still of all Ghostbusters:

Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening. As a duly-designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.

Ow iwant to watch the first two again. it was damn good. Even picked things out of the cartoon series which has canon aspects.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
I like the quote

“Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!”

I really hope that Rick Moranis is in Ghostbusters 4… now that he has formally returned to acting.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
And also I’m kind of sick of critics. First of all the audience score is really good. And not all critics are giving it bad reviews. But the ones who are seem really mad at Sony for giving the fans what they want and forgetting about 2016… I mean isn’t it their job to make something that people want? That’s how they make money right?

I’m not sure why critics hate the idea of movie studios making movies that fans want.

Minerva_Minx

I think the critics are definitely attempting to undermine this one. Make no mistake, this Ghostbusters film is also female centric. The main difference is it didn't attempt to remake Ghostbusters 84 scene for scene. It was just a good, solid Ghostbusters story and same canon as the Real Ghostbusters cartoon.

There is no real reboot,it's people discovering how things worked and what happened. Soft spoiler: think McDonald's coffee lawsuit where McDonald's literally boiled coffee beyond safe levels and then told everyone that the woman injured and suing was making a frivolous case. Then apply it to Ghostbusters 84 with blitz of they were crazy. Finding out itwas real and piecing it together drives the focus character(s). I could relate to Egon and his motivation as a fellow INTP.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
The main character in afterlife is female, but unlike 2016 It feels organic. It doesn’t feel like they are trying to make some sort of a point with it. Afterlife also had good male character.

In 2016 it felt more like they wanted to take something away from men in order to prop women up, instead of making new organic characters that were diverse. I don’t know if you noticed but 2016 seemed insulting and outright hostile towards men. Every male character in the movie was either an idiot or an asshole.

I’m not sure why they chose Ghostbusters to make this point. The original movies had male leads but it was not insulting towards women. Dana was a talented, smart, independent, and successful women who lived in an upscale part of New York and didn’t take shit from anyone. Janine was an intellectual and also independent. Gozer, while technically gender neutral, took the form of a female… and was just bad ass.

The director of 2016 is somone who makes female-centric parodies of other movies… and that’s exactly what 2016 was. 2016 was a parody of the original ghostbusters movie… and that’s what the main problem was. Having female leads wasn’t the problem. The fact is that no one ever wanted a remake. Fans wanted a sequel… and they certainly didn’t want a parody of the original movie. And the fact that the movie was outright insulting towards men just put salt in the wound.

2016 was destined to fail from the beginning. The critics and certain people involved tried to drive the narrative that anybody who hated the movie was sexist. They even started deleting comments on social media that made legitimate arguments as to why the movie was bad, and left the sexist arguments to help drive their narrative. That just inflamed the issue and their attempts totally failed. The movie flopped.. and they blamed the fans. The studio listened to the fans and made a course correction, and now the critics are pissed off that the fans won. So they’re going to do anything that they can to insult the fans.

I actually feel bad for the actresses that were in the 2016 movie. Because they’re all really good and funny actresses. The problem is that the movie was a mistake to begin with, it was a poorly written parody remake, and the director just sucked. He basically just let them adlib the whole film. That’s not how you make a movie. The failure of that movie was the fault of Amy Pascal and Paul Feig

Afterlife did for diversity what 2016 could never do. It made a NEW female lead, which was organic and absolutely amazing. I loved the character and they didn’t have to take anything away from the original story or characters to do it. Besides being female I get the impression that she was also autistic, which was cool. It added to the story and made it better. It even helped to make Egon a more interesting character… all positive.

Light spoilers.. but also look what this movie did for Winston. As it turns out he ended up becoming the most successful person from the original Ghostbusters… and he’s clearly going to be the Nick Fury of this universe. The 2016 movie pretty much just copied the original one in that regards. This movie kept the same character but made him better. This movie added to the mythology in franchise in positive ways. The 2016 movie destroyed everything and gave us garbage in return.

On a cool sidenote. McKenna Grace (the star of the movie) also wrote and performed the song Haunted House which played during the end credit.. I like that song. :)

Last edited:

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
I know I’m making a lot of comments about this movie… but I wanted to say one more thing. The way they handled Harold Remus and the Egon character in this movie was amazing!!!