• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Latest novel or book you read?

Vatinyan

Dragon Lance: Dragons of Autum Twilight.

I read it back in middle school, re read it in high school, loaned it to a friend, I moved away, fell out of contact, 10 years pass, friend contacts me on Facebook and sends book to me. I'm re reading it in college. XD

Nice :D I used to read those ages ago too, have been wanting to revisit them some day.

Last read: The Cuckoo's Calling. Was pretty underwhelming, but not bad I guess. A quiet kind of detective story with not a lot going on.

As for what I'm reading right now, it's Lockwood & Co.: The Whispering Skull. A fun little story. Need to finish it up though, so I can get to the rest of my huge backlog.

Luku_Zuku

Still trying to draw, slowly
Well, I haven't read in a little while, because my schoolwork has been so oppressing, but I've just started reading Christine, By Stephen King. I haven't read anything of his since Cujo but I've been meaning to read more of his work.... I kinda like it so far...

3Kurama3

I'm currently rereading the Artemis Fowl series. I have always loved the characters and finally got a chance to get into their adventures once again. I've got to admit, Artemis is one smart cookie. And the fairy kind... Not so much XD

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
The Man Without Qualities, Robert Musil...for the second time.

How does one describe this odd addiction?

3Kurama3

The Man Without Qualities, Robert Musil...for the second time.

How does one describe this odd addiction?

It's an.... Odd-iction! (I'm so sorry I just posted a pun wow shame on me.)

Simo

It's an.... Odd-iction! (I'm so sorry I just posted a pun wow shame on me.)

Careful...you'll end up a middle-school English Teacher at this rate ;)

C

Chris-py

Reading so far.. The white rabbit chronicles: Alice in zombie land.

A queer history of the United States by Michael bronski

A transgender history by Susan Stryker.

I just finished Drawing Blood by Billy Martin/Poppy Z Brite and all in all I really enjoyed it, though not as much as I've loved some of his other works. Ended up buying another book of his as soon as I closed that one without a second thought! Even though the books aren't a series, due to the mentions of characters from one of his other books, I did feel I'd missed out by not reading their story first, but that'll soon be fixed.

Till it arrives, I've been told to read the Mortal Instruments series because my friend loves it, though I've only read a few pages and I'm not really getting the appeal. If there are any fans of it, when do you reckon it really picks up? I really want to enjoy it.

Elf-cat

I judge a book by it's cover, & I'm 75% correct!
I have read Quantum Effect: Homano the warrior
It has nothing to do with quantum physics, it's mainly a title to catch the eye of sci-fi nerds I think.
It's got explosions, time travel, demons, martial arts, and a big giant purple glowing rock that shoots
lightning when people get too close. I recommend it even though I don't read eBooks very often, it's
very fast paced and straight to the point. Most Sci-fi fantasy books are just very long winded, this one isn't.
51Br9gvI%2BhL._SX389_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:

Osrik

Just finished reading Fate of the Jedi: Outcast by Aaron Allston.

Not the greatest book, but I will probably continue the series out of interest in the general plot, and because the more tedious plot-lines were over by the end of the book.

rhansen23

Sailorhusky
Eight Days to Live by Iris Johansen

Papa Dragon

Existential Nightmare
It's been awhile since ive read an actual book. I have been reading so much fanfiction of late that you could make several books from it all.

oh and im in the middle of the manga Tomie

zeroslash

WYSIWYG
The latest novel that I read was Naomi Novik's Tongues of Serpents. You could tell she was really stretching it. Now I'm reading Star Carrier by someone. I'm too lazy to go look for it. Incidentally, my backlog is around 50 books and I can't seem to stop buying more. I have a problem and need an intervention.

Simo

Just finished The Doll Master and Other Tales of Terror, by Joyce Carol Oates. A few really strong stories in this one.

zeroslash

WYSIWYG
I gave up Star Carrier because fuck books just about missile-dodging space battles. Now I'm reading Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales and Other Main-Travelled Roads.

hibou-wu

Feet of Clay, by Terry Pratchett

One of the Discworld books in The Watch line. Sam Vimes is <3

Ahaha I love Discworld!!!! I've convinced my girlfriend to read the Colour of Magic hehe. I think my favorite story line is the one with Death!

The book I'm currently working on is Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. My gf is a huuuuge fan of Neil Gaiman, and she already got me to read The Ocean at the End of the Lane, which was really really good!

EmmaChib

Ahaha I love Discworld!!!! I've convinced my girlfriend to read the Colour of Magic hehe. I think my favorite story line is the one with Death!

The book I'm currently working on is Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. My gf is a huuuuge fan of Neil Gaiman, and she already got me to read The Ocean at the End of the Lane, which was really really good!

Aha, the Death books are great yeah. I'm not as keen on the witch ones, and Rincewind's a decent middleground.

Oho you will enjoy Good Omens if you like the Death books.

jigaard

recently i have read "the city of ancient of robin hobb" and after i finish the first cycle of the royal
assassin and i was troubled by the difference of the dragons (their origins, will there be a match ?)
i look forward to read the following.

(Sorry for the syntax faults, i'm a french who learn English, feel free to correct me)