• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Legit Question - Overweight People in the Fandom

Zenia

I think I'm a fatass
I knew this girl one time (the daughter of one of my parents friends) who had a gorgeous hourglass figure. She could pinch a tiny amount of skin on her stomach (as all thin people can... it is SKIN) and would complain to me "OMG I am soooooooooooo fat!" I suppose she just wanted compliments. I got so pissed off because I've always been overweight and wouldn't have complained if I were in her shoes, so I started saying things like "Yeah, you are really fat. Might want to work on that." in the most sarcastic tone ever. She was so self absorbed.

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
Depends on your musculature and sex I think. As a female being that height, my doctor (when I was a teenager, before I moved to this town) said that my 'ideal' weight would be about 150lbs.

Well I am a guy and I dont really have that much muscles.

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
I knew this girl one time (the daughter of one of my parents friends) who had a gorgeous hourglass figure. She could pinch a tiny amount of skin on her stomach (as all thin people can... it is SKIN) and would complain to me "OMG I am soooooooooooo fat!" I suppose she just wanted compliments. I got so pissed off because I've always been overweight and wouldn't have complained if I were in her shoes, so I started saying things like "Yeah, you are really fat. Might want to work on that." in the most sarcastic tone ever. She was so self absorbed.

I'm not self absorbed :C

Zenia

I'm not self absorbed :C
lol No, I wasn't calling you that. Just when you called yourself a fatass, it just randomly reminded me of that girl... having a gorgeous figure, but complaining that she was fat.

Carnie

I'm getting close to 170lbs and I think i'm getting chubby (5'11", fit build). My 'ideal' weight is around 150, but with muscle mass that isn't possible.

150 at 5'11" isn't too unreasonable, don't see why you couldn't reach it if you really cut weight.

On topic though, I've seen a fair number of overweight people in mugshots, dunno what you're talking about.
The lying thing is commonplace everywhere though.

Koronikov

@mentova: okay :V, btw why the hell did oyu stop logging in on SL x3?

Last edited:

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
I'm overweight by definition. Not by much, though. "Obese" is like, 40 pounds more than what you're supposed to weigh in regards to your height and age. I have to weigh a maximum of 150 pounds to enlist in the Marine Corps and I weigh about 165 right now. But then again, that's the Marines, so my civilian maximum weight might be a little more lenient.

lostfoxeh

No! I must Dance

Actually you might be surprised how hard some skinny people can be on their selves. Some people strive to improve so much they end up anguishing mentally over it. Not saying this was her case, but not everyone is looking to get attention per-say. These type some people will say things like that but what they really mean is "I'm starting to gain a small amount of weight, I need to get back on track before I actually gain weight." Reason they would say "I'm fat" around others is cause in their mind it increases the pressure to actually improve or get on track. Plus it is more a mental out burst that isn't to be commented on, just heard. Not many know this unless they have been there, and will often take the literal "I'm Fat" translation rather than the actual meaning.

I know this cause i would do this when I don't feel I am pushing myself hard enough. It is not for attention, it is me pressuring myself to keep going to do better. I don't know if it is healthy, but it does help me get going when I make it known to others.

Fat or skinny it doesn't matter, if the person is not okay with their body. They will beat themselves up badly for it. I'm not fat, but I have been criticized for being to muscular or too skinny and constantly told to gain weight. There are insults and rejections for any type person, however these things do not bother me so much cause I am happy with my body. Same thing is true for the fat person who is happy and wants the body they have. The insults just roll off someone who is actually happy their own skin. The good news is, weight can be changed to better Suit you.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
Maybe she just didn't like her figure?

I have a friend that's pretty much always been between around 50 - 70 lbs heavier than I am, and she would snark and dismiss my concerns with my weight, just because "You shouldn't do that. From my eyes, you're skinny, therefore YOU should think you're skinny."
which isn't really how it works.
If a person has a problem with their image, they have a problem with it, regardless of how much more or less the people around them weigh. It doesn't automatically mean they're attention-seeking.

chewycuticle

crafty pup
well....we do have a tendency to sit at computers all day

i am currently 192 and 5'8". it's the fattest i have been and i don't much care for it (aside from the extra big boobs part) i'd like to go back down to 160. i really liked being at that weight (aside from the smaller boobs part) it was easier to find cute clothes for cheap and i had no problem lounging pool side in a bikini. i've been eating better and trying to exercise but a lot of my weight gain has to do with the routine and lifestyle i enjoy with my boyfriend (i was 25 lbs lighter the day i met him one year ago)

btw, i understand that there would be a lot of obese people at a con (we're sedentary, computer loving, nerds) but how is that one picture with one larger blurry gal proof?

Zenia

Nah. Actaully, she was a recovering drug addict (yeah, in her teens) and her drug of choice (I think it was speed) caused her to become incredibly thin. When she was complaining about being fat, she was still underweight at around 100lbs.

Lonely Bear

A Bear Like No Other
I weigh only 119lbs and I'm 35. But people are sensitive about how they look and all that other stuff so they usually lie and wish tbey looked like they want t

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Define overweight.

If you mean "overweight" in the medical sense, many Americans (and a growing number in the rest of the world) would have difficulties falling below a certain cut-off, like 185 pounds for a 6' male, which is the recommended AMA weight. I lost 30 pounds and still I could lose a few more.

Inashne117

I've actually got the opposite problem but I take it teh same way. I'm 5'9" and only 120 lbs. I'm really skinny, to the point you can count my ribs. I can't retain any weight I gain, gain a pound, loose it the next day, so I tend to lie about my weight for that reason. Usually say I'm around 130-135. I wear long sleeves almost all the time and no one would really know unless they dropped me on a scale = /

Lonely Bear

A Bear Like No Other
I tend to gain 15lbs then lose 20lbs in a few hours. My doctor told me the my weight fluctuates more than needs be so that highly conerns me now that I know I can be skinny one day then fat the next

anghellic9

well, I'm 5'8 210lbs which is the biggest I've ever been. I used to stay at 165lbs back when I worked out everyday, but now I'm starting to get a bit chubby. feelsbadman.jpg gotta get back into my workout routine. also I'm 24 and have a somewhat muscular build. more like a guy that used to work out but then quit and is now muscular fat or whatever.

Last edited:

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
It's OK, HK, I'mma still see you at AC

Looking forward to it. Then people will see what a tiny un-scary dwarf I am :C

On topic, that's just part of some first world countries now. Weight is becoming a huge issue and it would be more fascinating if you didn't see a lot of people at a con with excess weight.