• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Less common films that you enjoy.

F

FriggaFanatic

Anyone here ever see "Faster Pussy Cat, Kill Kill!"?
I've been dying to see it but unfortunately it's a very rare movie.
Just asking if anyone has seen it cause im about to dish out 30 bucks for it and I want to know if it's worth it.

F

FriggaFanatic

anyone see Eraserhead or Jacob's Ladder. Being a fan of surrealist horror, these are a masterpieces. I also liked Pan's Labyrinth (especially the pale man)

Yeah, Eraserhead is one of my favorites. It's a movie I would take the time to track down and pay for it's worth the money.
You should also check out "Begotten", "The Cook, The Thief His Wife And Her Lover" and "Tetso The Iron Man" (1989?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Eraserhead is one of my favorites. It's a movie I would take the time to track down and pay for it's worth the money.
You should also check out "Begotten", "The Cook, The Thief His Wife And Her Lover" and "Tetso The Iron Man" (1989?)
Ah Begotten, weirdest movie ever, saw the beginning of it when the guy disembowels himself and the lady comes out from under his cloak

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
Mad Max (is a B rated film but did get popular)
Spacehunter adventures in the forbidden zone (I remember this movie being in 3d in the early 80s
Metropolis (1927 silent film by Fritz Lang)

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
The Day the Earth Stood Still, the original
Chicken Run

GravesideManner

Does Clockwork Orange count as A-list (My all time favorite movie)?
Cannibal Holocaust, Last House On The Left (1972), Dr.Calagari, Thriller: A Cruel Picture, Jess Franco movies (She killed in ecstacy, Vampyros Lesbos etc),
Dolemite, David Lynch films (Eraserhead, Wild At Heart, Blue Velvet), Suspiria, Valley Of The Dolls, Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls, Lucio Fulci films (The Beyond, Zombie, Contraband), Ilsa She Wolf Of The SS, Mondo Cane films...I can go on and on lol..

Your list it is nearly perfect! The fact that you included Ilsa makes me so so so happy.

i thought Begotten was really really shitty. The opening sequence with the death of God or whatever it was supposed to be was pretty neat, but the rest was really clusterfucky and poorly put together.

As for my list, it'd have to contain most of the movies listed above but throw in Female Trouble, Pink Flamingos...pretty much any John Waters movie featuring the Dreamlanders. Divine is just to die for.

Oh, and who could forget? The Abominable Dr. Phibes <3

F

FriggaFanatic

So funny you say that..Just bought Female Trouble and Pink Flamingos last night! I seen Female Trouble and died laughing toward the middle, especially the scenes with her daughter.
Been dying to see Pink, I can't wait.

Cocobanana

Magnolia is 'less common' in that it bombed in the box office and apparently hasn't been seen by many people I've met. But it's my favorite movie in the whole world.

GravesideManner

So funny you say that..Just bought Female Trouble and Pink Flamingos last night! I seen Female Trouble and died laughing toward the middle, especially the scenes with her daughter.
Been dying to see Pink, I can't wait.

Omg, Divine's byplay with her daughter is just fantastic. The dialogue is so awkward but it just works. Plus theres that great quote at the end "Who wants to be famous? Who wants to die for art?"

Pink Flamingos is going to blow your fucking mind.

F

FriggaFanatic

Favorite scene in the film! ahaha, everything is just priceless!
[video=youtube;-c-mIXVMtFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c-mIXVMtFI[/video]