• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Let's give this one more try before I quit.

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
Figured it would be worth one more shot at this before I give up completely.
So. Making a fursona I don't hate. I'm stuck.
Either I make an animal based character and I just don't stick with it, or I make a character that I like but isn't remotely anthro. (And thus, does not qualify.)
I mean, I liked my previous character, which wasn't remotely a fursona by any means, but it just didn't fit so I don't see what the point of it was.

Maybe it's just because I'm not fond of most animals.
Or I don't have that weird ass therian connection or whatever bull that some do. Sure thing, I can make an anthropomorphic skink or crow person but it wouldn't be remotely like me.
And also would be a real pain to actually draw.

So, I'm out of ideas. I don't know what to try next.

Le Chat Nécro

most thugged-out dope hoe
well, you might have heard this before, but it doesn't have to be anthro. i've seen aliens and demons and transformers and video game species and all kinds of shit. you could say your character is a krogan from mass effect with 4 testes and no one would bat an eye. not to mention feral, if that floats your boat. what "qualifies" is v broad actually.

and it doesn't have to be be a spirit animal or some bullshit. i sure as shit ain't a kitty cat nor a necromancer, but that's what my 'sona is cause i just thought it'd be interesting. therian-ism is pretty odd imo, and it's definitely not mandatory.
maybe just try to think of it as a character you'd like to play around with rather than something you have to be? i dunno.

sorry this probably wasn't helpful at all. v.v

MsRavage

peek-a-boo!!! I see you!
You should totally make a peter's banded skink sona! you can tweak it however you'd like...don't let others make you feel like it needs to be one way or its not a sona...you do you!

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
For some there deeply connected to there fursona, for some they have no connection and there are all sorts of variation in between. I have also encountered others that have no fursona at all and don't feel any need to create one.

I would say take a step back and ask your self first do you want or desire to create a fursona?

Ota Kibagami

The only thing I got to say is if you feel the need to force yourself to make in fursona then maybe you don't like the furry fandom because it seems like you're trying to force yourself into it. I understand people like the are working like the fact that most people get very detailed into the characters at the create but on the other hand you got to see it as other people making creative art that could possibly become something even more than that.

SharkyCaleb

A Snarky Shark?
Perhaps taking a break is the best option for now. I was exceptionally frustrated as I floated between sonas for years and nothing felt quite right. Once I stopped thinking about it so much and feeling stressed about it a little time passed and I ended up making my shark without meaning to. I wasn't even a part of the fandom at the time and had no furry friends, but now he's stuck with me for years.

ItsFleco

Regrets entering this slippery slope
For me, I don't consider my fursona to be separate from me nor a part of me. It's more like... a mask. I like the idea of having plenty of anonymity when interacting with people so that I feel more confident due to not having to face social repercussions on my "real" self. Sure, online I have plenty of anonymity, but I also find that a fursona provides a convenient and literal mask when talking to strangers.

I honestly don't feel that much of a personal connection to puffins, nor am I a therian. I chose a puffin as my fursona because I simply like puffins and I think they look pretty nice. In addition, few fursuiters use a puffin fursona, so I could stand out a little bit.

To reiterate my point, this fursona is for the sake of not having to restrain myself when talking to others. I can be exactly how I want to be - no matter how awkward (even though I'm not actually a very socially-awkward person).

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
dont listen to the haters and if they dont accept you as you are you can just vore them with your reptilian mouth

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
well, you might have heard this before, but it doesn't have to be anthro. i've seen aliens and demons and transformers and video game species and all kinds of shit. you could say your character is a krogan from mass effect with 4 testes and no one would bat an eye. not to mention feral, if that floats your boat. what "qualifies" is v broad actually.

and it doesn't have to be be a spirit animal or some bullshit. i sure as shit ain't a kitty cat nor a necromancer, but that's what my 'sona is cause i just thought it'd be interesting. therian-ism is pretty odd imo, and it's definitely not mandatory.
maybe just try to think of it as a character you'd like to play around with rather than something you have to be? i dunno.

sorry this probably wasn't helpful at all. v.v
It does not need to be an anthro for it to count. If you want to have a feral character, that's cool. You do you. ☆

Er... no. Feral is even less appealing. I'm on the other end of the scale here.

I dunno why your boyfriend is so adamant on you becoming a furry.

He's not.

You should totally make a peter's banded skink sona! you can tweak it however you'd like...don't let others make you feel like it needs to be one way or its not a sona...you do you!

I tried it, it didn't really work out. It was cute and all, but not something I could use to represent myself.

The only thing I got to say is if you feel the need to force yourself to make in fursona then maybe you don't like the furry fandom because it seems like you're trying to force yourself into it. I understand people like the are working like the fact that most people get very detailed into the characters at the create but on the other hand you got to see it as other people making creative art that could possibly become something even more than that.

You're right. I don't like it.

a pumpkin
Make a slug 'sona.

How helpful of you both.

slyslays444

New kid on the block!
What? Slugs can be cute, you can make it fluffy with big eyes. Upside is it will be unique, too.
I like this idea, that sounds really cute!
I'm still struggling myself with how to settle on a fursona. Like, should it be me, but an animal? Or just a character I'd use a lot? I don't have any anthro characters so I'm just making them as I go along with no real connection. My profile pic is totally me but an opossum. I know it's open, but should it not be? This is harder than how you guys make it look! lol.