• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Let's give this one more try before I quit.

D

Deleted member 82554

What kind of slug is fluffy?!
They can be cute, but they've got no limbs.
Limbs are something I need.
The kind you can make fluffy. It's based on a work of fiction so it doesn't have to follow any specific formula. And you can make cute little arms.

Figured it would be worth one more shot at this before I give up completely.
So. Making a fursona I don't hate. I'm stuck.
Either I make an animal based character and I just don't stick with it, or I make a character that I like but isn't remotely anthro. (And thus, does not qualify.)
I mean, I liked my previous character, which wasn't remotely a fursona by any means, but it just didn't fit so I don't see what the point of it was.

Maybe it's just because I'm not fond of most animals.
Or I don't have that weird ass therian connection or whatever bull that some do. Sure thing, I can make an anthropomorphic skink or crow person but it wouldn't be remotely like me.
And also would be a real pain to actually draw.

So, I'm out of ideas. I don't know what to try next.
I highly advise kinda making your own species, just do what you wanna do-it can be easy for you to draw, but something you like as well :) Creating your own species shouldn't be that hard if you have an idea of what you want (i.e. long tail, scales, antlers, stands on all fours usually, always has antennas)
And you're fursona doesn't have to be anthro, my first fursona was a feral dragon/lizard, I used to stink at drawing anthro, I then created a suit for him that was anthro and it was all good :)

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
I highly advise kinda making your own species, just do what you wanna do-it can be easy for you to draw, but something you like as well :) Creating your own species shouldn't be that hard if you have an idea of what you want (i.e. long tail, scales, antlers, stands on all fours usually, always has antennas)
And you're fursona doesn't have to be anthro, my first fursona was a feral dragon/lizard, I used to stink at drawing anthro, I then created a suit for him that was anthro and it was all good :)

That's kind of what I did. Well, actually, it's a shared species with two other people, but still.

But they're basically weird looking elves with tails and lizard feet. That's not really anthro, is it?
I had the option to put fur or cat ears on, but I didn't like that.

That's kind of what I did. Well, actually, it's a shared species with two other people, but still.

But they're basically weird looking elves with tails and lizard feet. That's not really anthro, is it?
I had the option to put fur or cat ears on, but I didn't like that.
It doesn't have to be anthro lol, as long as you feel it's-well-you, it's fine! c:

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
What does biology have to do with a fictional character? Do you think Walt Disney gave a crap about how Mickey Mouse digests and spits out food? I highly doubt it.

I'm not trying to make a goddamn Mickey Mouse here. I personally like realism in my fiction.

Yvvki

Sassy lesser panda.
Whoops, I read your post wrong. Sorry about that. Lol.

I'm pretty sure someone in the forums had a human fursona, because SURPRISE Humans are animals.

Also... I always thought of furries as being these alien sentient beings that just happen to look like animals we know exist... but literally anything can be a furry because we have never encountered such a thing before. So it's free to the imagination.

Le Chat Nécro

most thugged-out dope hoe
Demons can be pretty cool. If they're done right.
But then they stop being anthro.
not if you choose a demon that was originally more beastial and then anthro them up. or say fuck it like the countless others who have demon sonas and just do it.

not to be rude, but you seem rather, uh, creatively challenged. like even when you have bunches of people telling you it's okay to pick whatever, you still lock yourself into these stupid limitations that don't seem to have anything to do with what you want (ie, me shooting down a pig sona cause one killed my father) but rather what you think this fandom demands (which is b.s. cause the fandom is actively telling you that those guidelines don't exist). and then you don't even try to come up with ways to work around these self imposed guidelines.

slyslays444

New kid on the block!
not if you choose a demon that was originally more beastial and then anthro them up. or say fuck it like the countless others who have demon sonas and just do it.

not to be rude, but you seem rather, uh, creatively challenged. like even when you have bunches of people telling you it's okay to pick whatever, you still lock yourself into these stupid limitations that don't seem to have anything to do with what you want (ie, me shooting down a pig sona cause one killed my father) but rather what you think this fandom demands (which is b.s. cause the fandom is actively telling you that those guidelines don't exist). and then you don't even try to come up with ways to work around these self imposed guidelines.
Personally, I like that idea, demon/anthros are the shit. :D
More on topic though, I also think it's important to remember that OP already mentioned this is a last ditch effort and they shouldn't have to ingratiate everyone for trying to help, nor should they lie about not wanting to take certain advice as they disregard it. I appreciate the honesty. If they weren't trying, though, they wouldn't have made the thread. Plus, it is a fursona after all, I do believe pickiness is to be expected from some. I know I'm picky about what my sona is, wouldn't you be?

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned

No, it's not that I can't come up with something, it's just that everything I've made that fits the definition of "anthro" I end up disliking.

Like my failed skink character, for instance. Cute, yes, but it's not me.

Le Chat Nécro

Personally, I like that idea, demon/anthros are the shit. :D
More on topic though, I also think it's important to remember that OP already mentioned this is a last ditch effort and they shouldn't have to ingratiate everyone for trying to help, nor should they lie about not wanting to take certain advice as they disregard it. I appreciate the honesty. If they weren't trying, though, they wouldn't have made the thread. Plus, it is a fursona after all, I do believe pickiness is to be expected from some. I know I'm picky about what my sona is, wouldn't you be?
well, i did say that he was being picky about things that aren't really his preferences but more this idea that it has to be an anthro, and a very narrow definition of stuant at that. like, I don't want a pat on the head or a gold star. i just think he's being too hard on himself and his characters.

No, it's not that I can't come up with something, it's just that everything I've made that fits the definition of "anthro" I end up disliking.

Like my failed skink character, for instance. Cute, yes, but it's not me.
but why this fixation on anthro, and why this incredibly narrow definition of it?

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
well, i did say that he was being picky about things that aren't really his preferences but more this idea that it has to be an anthro, and a very narrow definition of stuant at that. like, I don't want a pat on the head or a gold star. i just think he's being too hard on himself and his characters.

but why this fixation on anthro, and why this incredibly narrow definition of it?

...Because it's not a fursona otherwise.
Like, I made this thread in an attempt to stay interested in the whole anthro thing. Or whatever.
But if I can't get along with a character that is anthro, then what's the point of being here?

Le Chat Nécro

...Because it's not a fursona otherwise.
Like, I made this thread in an attempt to stay interested in the whole anthro thing. Or whatever.
But if I can't get along with a character that is anthro, then what's the point of being here?
i will say again, as many others have said before me, a fursona doesn't have to be anthro. it can literally be anything you want it to be. and if you look through the site, you can find tons of people who don't have anthro animals as their characters. and anthro literally just means giving human traits to a non human thing, so you are in no way limited beyond your imagination.

and not all people in the fandom have fursona. and you certainly don't need one to hang out here if you want to be here. you can stay for the company or the art of the stories or the roleplay. or leave if you really don't want to be here. like I said, you're putting all these restrictions on yourself and you really don't have to.

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
i will say again, as many others have said before me, a fursona doesn't have to be anthro. it can literally be anything you want it to be. and if you look through the site, you can find tons of people who don't have anthro animals as their characters. and anthro literally just means giving human traits to a non human thing, so you are in no way limited beyond your imagination.

and not all people in the fandom have fursona. and you certainly don't need one to hang out here if you want to be here. you can stay for the company or the art of the stories or the roleplay. or leave if you really don't want to be here. like I said, you're putting all these restrictions on yourself and you really don't have to.

But I tried that and I didn't feel like one of them. So no, not really.