• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Let's post awesome free/indie games!

brawlingcastform

High Functioning Autism
So far, my favorite free games are "Frozen Free Fall", "Disney Magic Kingdoms", "AdVenture Capitalist" and "Disney Crossy Road", all on my iPod Touch.

Cloudyhue

Certified Fuzzbutt
Not inde but GTA I and II are free to download, so is daggerfall elder scrolls.
Woah I didn't know Daggerfall was free to download now. Though if I'm going to play that I may as well go back to Skyrim.

PolarizedBear

Whitest guy you know.
Download Cave Story

I implore everyone and their mother play Doukutsu Monogatari.
It's a platformer adventure game with shooting mechanics, lovable characters, a touching story, alternate endings, and tons of fun guns to use.
Cave Story, it's english title, was released back in 2004 and is still my favourite side scroller. Please give it a try.
Remember to install the translation patch of your choice, it's very easy to do!
Cave-Story-05-HD.png

DeeTheDragon

a bird-dragon paradox
Download Cave Story

It's a platformer adventure game with shooting mechanics, lovable characters, a touching story, alternate endings, and tons of fun guns to use.
Cave Story, it's english title, was released back in 2004 and is still my favourite side scroller. Please give it a try.
Cave-Story-05-HD.png
I am currently the owner of 4 different copies of this game. 1 for each lifetime it will take from me.

Now everybody else go play it for yourselves

Download Cave Story

Cave-Story-05-HD.png

Currently questioning whether that game introduced me to kemo

Yumus

Remember; Wherever you go, there you are.
Barotrauma! Its a free to play submarine game where you can pilot a submarine. (Barotrauma | Undertow Games)

Its multiplayer too so you can attempt to pilot the submarine to different quests and such but the best part is that its pvp enabled (some servers dont have it enabled though if thats what youre into) so its possible to become a traitor to your crew.

Everyone is also assigned a role (Such as Captain, engineer, doctor, etc.) which helps them to complete a task withing the ship. Everything is also skill based where an engineer can fix things while a doctor can heal (or kill if you get traitor).

Its made by thesame devs who made SCP: Containment Breach so its also a bit open source and is contantly getting new things added.

It has a great community but a small one, as of right now it needs more players to fill the servers.

Valaska

Perfectly SFW Crop.
I personally loved The White Chamber, I am hoping the remake actually happens.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Star Stealing Prince Download Star Stealing Prince Full V.3.1 w/ RTP :: rpgmaker.net
Star Stealing Prince is quite possibly becoming my favorite indie game. Best of yet? It’s free.

Sure it’s an RPG maker game but it’s beautiful with such a good story and cool concepts.

Your main character is a freaking healer that uses fire magic. Hella useful. You get a skeleton as a playable character that uses earth magic because get it: he was raised from the grave. And there’s a lot of good lore and cool tidbits. Like a ghost you sell useless junk to because she’s convinced she’ll need it when the world ends.

And worst parenting award goes to: Snowe’s parents.

He’s such a charming protag. My favorite line so far is “if I knew I would have blurted it out by now.” So optimistic and sweet, and does the usual scapegoat protag thing so well. And because of his personality there’s some of the BEST flavor text. He gets sad if dishes are already dusted for example.

P

Picklepaige

twinbeard.com: Frog Fractions

Frog Fractions! It is a very educational game and helped me understand math. Make sure to play all the way through for maximum learning! And if you get stuck, try dipping your head underwater for a brain jog.

linkmaster647

I shall keep the beats
if you like freaky and wierd stuff: OFF (its the name of the game)

A

A Lurker at the Threshold

-Portal prequel
-Portal stories:Mel
-Aperture tag
-Binding of Isaacs
-Undertale
-Child of light
-Ori and the blind forest
-Chrono trigger (chrono compendium sequel)
-Standley parable
-The room
-Limbo
-World of goo
You Rock! I never knew about the portal content before now. I'm going to mention Deltarune (related to Undertale) though I find it rather unlikely that there is anyone on this forum who hasn't heard of it.

Jakarva

Meme Yeen
Cry of Fear is a ton of fun on Steam, it's a psychological horror though dealing with some heavy triggers, so beware.