• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

"LGBT" strikes me as an odd grouping.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
Lesbians, gays, and bisexuals I can understand being there,
but why trans?

I didn't think transsexual was so much a sexual preference, as just what you want to be.
And that the sexual preference that specifically included trans, is pansexual, which starts with a "P."
So, following that logic, it would be "LGBP."

If what you want to be is included in there, why not furries, or otherkin, or vampire-wannabes, or shit like that?

And I can see trans as being relevant to those sexualities IF the gender-changing thing was specifically inspired by or related to les/gay/bi. But then again, it could just be represented by one of the actual sexualities, couldn't it?

I have nothing against trans, but the grouping has always struck me as weird.
It's like saying "This is the peanut butter, jelly, bread, and motorboat group."

Taren Fox

Filmmaker
It's just about adding as many letters as they can.

Jashwa

They're just hitching on because people also judge and don't understand them. Like a "Hey, we also want to be recognized as existing and not overlooked, even if this has nothing to do with sexual orientations."

Fuzzy Alien

Transgender is included in the LGBT group because LGBT represents individuals whose behaviors deviate from the standard gender roles in society. Anyone who doesn't clearly fall into the gender binary or heteronormative standards of sexual attraction is considered to be "Queer", and that is why LGBT is grouped the way it is.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Transgenders are in because they're another group straightfags get butthurt about.

Surgat

Where is your mod now?
The hate for gays, lesbians, and bisexuals has the same source as transphobia: the breaking traditional gender roles.

They were involved in the Stonewall riots, which started the LGBT movement.

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
Doesn't transgender advocate gender roles? I think that is the biggest problem I got with them.

Slyck

Nowadays LGBT pretty much means someone who does not fit all of the following, rather than lesbian gay bisexual or transgender/sexual/vestite: 1. Male OR female. 2. Heterosexual.

Updated:

Here's some definitions for those who don't know, I thought this might be handy for this topic. Accuracy is not guaranteed.

Terms of gender:

Male = Penis, no vagina and no breasts. Identifies as male.

Female = Breasts, vagina, and no penis. Identifies as female.

Hermaphrodite = Between guy and girl, based either on DNA or presence of either genitalia. What one depends on who you ask.

Terms of gender identity:

Transgender = One who identifies more with a different gender than their own.

Androgynous = Sharing characteristics of both genders. Also called ambigender.

Transvestite = Crossdresser.

Transsexual = One who is undergoing or has had a sex-change.

Terms of orientation:

Heterosexual = One who only is physically attracted to gender(s) other than their own.

Homosexual = One who is only is physically attracted to their own gender.

Bisexual = One who is attracted to two genders. Almost exclusively these are male and female.

Pansexual = One who is attracted to all genders

Asexual = One who does not experience sexual attraction. This is also known as being 'nonsexual'.

Polysexual = One who is attracted to many different genders, though not necessarily all.

Last edited:
Transgender is included in the LGBT group because LGBT represents individuals whose behaviors deviate from the standard gender roles in society. Anyone who doesn't clearly fall into the gender binary or heteronormative standards of sexual attraction is considered to be "Queer", and that is why LGBT is grouped the way it is.

...and you wondered why I called you professor.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Nowadays LGBT pretty much means someone who does not fit all of the following, rather than lesbian gay bisexual or transgender/sexual/vestite: 1. Male OR female. 2. Heterosexual.

Here's some definitions for those who don't know, I thought this might be handy for this topic. If I can remember sex ed correctly they should be accurate...

Terms of gender:

Male = Penis, no vagina and no breasts. Identifies a male.

Female = Breasts, vagina, and no penis. Identifies as female.

Hermaphrodite = Between guy and girl, based either on DNA or presence of either genitalia. What one depends on who you as.

Transgender = Crossdresser or one who does not comply with stereotypical gender rolls.

Transsexual = One who identifies more with a different gender than their own.

Terms of orientation:

Heterosexual = One who only is physically attracted to gender(s) other than their own.

Homosexual = One who is only is physically attracted to their own gender.

Bisexual = One who is attracted to two genders. Almost exclusively these are male and female.

Pansexual = One who is attracted to all genders

Asexual = One who does not experience sexual attraction. This is also known as being 'nonsexual'.

Polysexual = One who is attracted to many different genders, though not necessarily all.

Let's break this shit down.

I have boobs, so I must be a female.
However I hate skirts, makeup and those stereotypical girly crap, so I consider myself a tomboy and more often than not I get mistaken for a guy. Does this count as not conforming to stereotypical gender roles?
I used to be asexual before meeting my bf. So I guess that makes me hetero now.

So wtf does that make me?

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Let's break this shit down.

I have boobs, so I must be a female.
However I hate skirts, makeup and those stereotypical girly crap, so I consider myself a tomboy and more often than not I get mistaken for a guy. Does this count as not conforming to stereotypical gender roles?
I used to be asexual before meeting my bf. So I guess that makes me hetero now.

So wtf does that make me?

It makes you one confused person. Go the to pride parade with all of the other horribly confused people :V

BTW, just for the sake of curiosity, you meant actual boobs, or were you being sarcastic about moobs? :V

Taralack

It makes you one confused person. Go the to pride parade with all of the other horribly confused people :V

BTW, just for the sake of curiosity, you meant actual boobs, or were you being sarcastic about moobs? :V

Did you miss the part where I said I hate girly shit and I got a bf?

No, unlike most of the trolls around here, I am actually female. I hate my boobs though. Unlike most girls, I wish mine were smaller. :V

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts

Taralack

You'd be surprised.

I'm sure I would be. However, society has taught me otherwise. Apparently bigger is better, and this applies to everything.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I'm sure I would be. However, society has taught me otherwise. Apparently bigger is better, and this applies to everything.

It's because mostly only the people who want it take voice on the matter. But I heard many girls and women with an ample bust say how they'd wish it was smaller because it inconviniences them.

Nylak

Angry Otter
They're just hitching on because people also judge and don't understand them. Like a "Hey, we also want to be recognized as existing and not overlooked, even if this has nothing to do with sexual orientations."
We should latch on and make it LGBTF.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
I am a member of the LGBTACDEFHIJKMNOPQRSUVWXYZ community.

Fuzzy Alien

Transgender = Crossdresser or one who does not comply with stereotypical gender rolls.

Transsexual = One who identifies more with a different gender than their own.

By the way, this is not quite correct. Transgender means that an individual identifies as a gender different than their own biological sex, whereas Transsexual means that an individual has undergone, or is in the process of undergoing, sex reassignment.

Иван

I understand why they're grouped together the way they are, I just wish people would make a clearer distinction between LGB and T. It seems counterproductive to have the two so closely associated with each other.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
LGBTPFNM

lesbian gay bi trans pan female n***** molester