• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Life, take the risk

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
Well, I recently made some decisions to take more risks in life so then I might gain from them. I know that isn't always beneficial, but I think it's time to do so with this situation. For example, I am leaving this house I am renting a room in and paying for a two bedroom flat with kitchen and full shower. Its more a month, but nothing outside of my range and might actually make money with this move. Splitting the rent two ways (after finding a room mate, which isn't hard this close to the city.) I will make more money than I am now. The best part I will literally be right across the street from my job, now that doesn't sound thrilling to a lot of people but that's okay because I am saving on gas money too. (and the area is actually really nice to be in, I should say its the suburbs of the city) Sounds good right? Well the risk is trusting another person that is honorable and getting moved out within this next month.

What fun that is going to be, and I am expecting the worst as well. (It's crazy not to expect the worst sometimes) But the benefits out way the risk and I am going to check out the apartment on Tuesday. I was putting off renting a two bedroom apartment, but I got to take the risk. What about you? Any risks that you haven't been taking? Did take? How did it turn out?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
What a coincidence, I'm moving into a two bedroom flat in the suburbs with another renter next month; I hope they don't mind my loud music and drinking habbits! :D

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
What a coincidence, I'm moving into a two bedroom flat in the suburbs with another renter next month; I hope they don't mind my loud music and drinking habbits! :D

Well, I hope the person I find to rent with me is just as chilled. I don't mind drinking, but I don't do parties at the flat.

ScaredToBreathe

Special Snowflake
What is a flat exactly?
I've heard it used to describe anything from a shack to a full-on house.

Viridis

Just remember to make them sign a contract and give you a security deposit before they move in. I've dwelt in the rental property business for many years, and one thing I've learned is that you can never be too careful when it comes to having a roommate. If your new roommate decides to punch a bunch of holes in the drywall of his/her room just before they leave, and you have no way of making sure they are accountable for their actions, you're stuck with paying the bill to fix it, or getting a bad reputation with your landlord.

At any rate, it's good to see that you're going for the better deal. Good luck.

Dreaming

I take it you know your roommate, or have met them? Get to know them a little know, maybe go out drinking and see how they behave? Good way of getting to know them.

What is a flat exactly?
I've heard it used to describe anything from a shack to a full-on house.
Britspeak for Apartment.

sunshyne

I'm about to pack up my car with a few of my most essential belongings and drive across the country, with no job or long-term prospects, and go live with a couple of my best friends from high school (an unemployed actor and a recovering heroin addict) in Los Angeles. And in November I'll be applying for work as a Public Defender - the most overworked and underpaid type of attorney out there. We'll see how it goes. I hope to not be crawling back in six months with my tail between my legs.

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
Just remember to make them sign a contract and give you a security deposit before they move in. I've dwelt in the rental property business for many years, and one thing I've learned is that you can never be too careful when it comes to having a roommate. If your new roommate decides to punch a bunch of holes in the drywall of his/her room just before they leave, and you have no way of making sure they are accountable for their actions, you're stuck with paying the bill to fix it, or getting a bad reputation with your landlord.

At any rate, it's good to see that you're going for the better deal. Good luck.

Thanks and I was going to type one up this week, I know about those stories..

pseudoart

On the topic of taking risks in life...

Recently I've been considering just picking up and moving overseas. I'm starting to feel that I have a steady job and the years are just sort of passing. But other than that, there's not much left for me here. I have nothing much to settle down with, so I figure it could be a good and challenging way to start afresh.

Has anyone else here done something similar?