• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Likeness?

inferno_the_dragon_wolf

The false hybrid.
So I’m curious, and just from following people on FA alone, I’ve seen a mix, and I want some verbal thoughts on this:

Do you make your character resemble you?

For me it’s a mixed bag and only some aspects of my character will match me, like for Inferno, his only similarity to me is he’s hot headed, but aside that appearance and other personality traits aren’t like me.

What do some of you do when making a character, do they resemble you, or not at all?

Ezkiel The Watchman

That's a hard questuon bucko....sometimes i make my charcters of how i want to be -like my dragon charcter be a grrat father,grandfather,etc.

Other times its my inner demons like my plant oc

other times its my childness like my cat oc.

I have many different ocs but well it takes alot of understnaidng and fleshing out to make you realize why you made that charcter

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I put a lot into my sonas initially but they grow to their own. LV kinda looks like me a little bit and has a few of my mannerisms but is no longer as much like me as they originally were.

Then all my OCs take a small kernel of myself or someone close to me to help get that little bit of realism to them. I feel it just helps bring them to life, you know?

....though that does lead to a lot of depressed and anxious characters...

inferno_the_dragon_wolf

The false hybrid.
I put a lot into my sonas initially but they grow to their own. LV kinda looks like me a little bit and has a few of my mannerisms but is no longer as much like me as they originally were.

Then all my OCs take a small kernel of myself or someone close to me to help get that little bit of realism to them. I feel it just helps bring them to life, you know?

....though that does lead to a lot of depressed and anxious characters...

That’s a very interesting concept, and it’s definitely an interesting way to go about characters, letting them grow on their own while still starting with a bit of their creator. I like that concept!

Derron116

Zephyris Redsnout
My fursona, personality wise, is basically me. Albeit modified a bit to open up commission opportunities, or to fit his species more.

Redwulf16

My sona is similar to me in build, if a bit slimmer, and has brown, shoulder-length hair just like me.
personality-wise, he is nearly identical.

Guifrog

Blue Frog | Avatar by Lenago
He dresses like me and has the same body shape. His face is nothing like me though.

We both make music and love it; personality-wise, I intended to make him essentially me. When I'm RPing, I tend to take decisions and act based on how I'd think and behave.

I don't have a gigantically long tongue, magical powers or am able to jump as high as him, but if I had all those features I'd abuse of them as much as I do in fantasy.

P

Picklepaige

Physically not at all; I'm hideous, no one wants to look at that in animal form :D

Personality-wise, sort of? We're both nervous, but she's more on the shy side and I'm more on the just socially awkward side, and there are a few other differences as well.

lupusamator

He doesn't look too much like me physically but personality-wise, he is me. Though, I'm not too sure what he looks like, yet.

My sona is pretty similar in terms of dress and personality, has some talents I’d like to get better at

rd924

Part time deer, part time wolf
My deer has decent bangs, compared to me having short hair irl. I imagine his build is slimmer than mine as well. I imagine he's a bit more of a social butterfly than myself, even though I think I'm pretty outgoing. I think our personalities are very similar as well.

Dynamostic

Blaine
My character is literally just me in a rabbit body. She has my same hair stile even :)
download_kindlephoto-476357129.jpg

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
50/50
My fursona has got my character and my biography as backstory. I have changed his looks of course and his current life situation is different to mine

The Cospunk Prince

The Artist Currently Known as Prince
I've noticed most of my OCs have some sort of resemblance to me- Kinja has my weaknesses(mildly lactose intolerant, bad hip), Pikaru has my love for performing, Remedy has my fashion sense.. I could go on for pages XD

But my current sona, Remedy, I guess is moreso what I want to be rather than a direct reflection of who I am? Brave, confident, skilled in a bow and arrow, and not an emotional heap of a mess. And they are someone you would never call m'aam.

While Kinja is what I used to be/sort of am- Happy-go-lucky, clumsy as all heck, long hair and energy and optimism for days despite all she's been through.

catscom

Aside from being a cat with green eyes, absolutely the same. There's no constructed personality except what exists online, which is extremely different from real life due to the nature of the 'net. Much chattier, while in real life introverted and aloof. You know, like an actual cat. My hair is long, but it's nonexistent except in the natural fluff of a domestic longhair. Same height, weight, everything else. Escapism is fine and good but I'd feel it dishonest to be extremely thin or muscular when it's not true. That's just a personal preference though, others are absolutely free to do as they like. I'm average and exist as an average cat online too. To pretend otherwise would actually depress me. x')

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
How many times have we answered this kind of question? someone please sticky this or the previous similar thread

Phr0ggy_Phangs

Certified Monster Smoocher
He didn't start out so similar to me, but I guess there are two versions of him. Rococo in character, and rococo portrayed by me. If anything, I'm sorta like him being that I'm a short redneck with occasional anger problems, with a thing for fighting; not to mention, we both like a good drink. Otherwise, I definitely ain't a pirate, or a busker, or anything I portrayed him as, in the past. He's simply a comical character I can relate to a bit, though he is definitely way more interesting as a character than me if you were to ask me.

C-artsy

Artsy Fartsy
Interesting thought! I've seen a mix of people's OCs being parallel versions of themselves, and others who have OCs that are "ideal" versions (or exaggerations, and in that way it's them pretending to be someone they wish to be or imagine it'd be fun to be.) As for me, I have 2 main sonas. One is an exact copy of me in appearance and personality except that she's a cat. The other is the parallel version of me that represents what I feel and think in my mind in physical form, which is MUCH different (a strange looking monster creature.) I am both, but the creature is my main sona. He's a powerful metaphor of who I am and what I think of myself, which has taught me to really love who I am even though I'm weird. :p

Do you make your character resemble you?
Yep: personality, hair color, eyebrows, eye color, eyebags, nose shape, nasal sect, jawline, chin length, those are all me. Only differences are the hairstyle and the unfortunate fact that I'm not ripped irl