• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Liking an artist before actually realizing you liked the artist.

Aleu

Deuces
I had this issue with Foo Fighters. For the longest time I said I didn't like them just because everyone loved them for their single "Best of You", a song that I didn't like.

Years later, I actually started listening to Foo Fighters and checking them out since Dave Grohl was the drummer for one of Queens of the Stone Age's albums. This is when I came to realize that I actually really liked Foo Fighters. I simply didn't like that one song that made them so fucking popular. lol
I'm a bit like that for some bands.
From what I've heard Radar Love was one of Golden Earring's best songs but I don't really care for it too much.
Also, isn't Dave Grohl in a bunch of other bands too?

KaiFox

NHL 11...you don't understand.
I'm a bit like that for some bands.
From what I've heard Radar Love was one of Golden Earring's best songs but I don't really care for it too much.
Also, isn't Dave Grohl in a bunch of other bands too?

He was in Nirvana and was in Queens of the Stone Age for their album Songs for the Deaf. He is currently only in Foo Fighters and Them Crooked Vultures (also <3), as far as I know.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
Here's the list of bands I really discovered and fell in love with in that way:

Journey was like that when I first got into it, back about 10 years ago. I kept going through my dad's albums and said "Wow, these guys sang all of these songs? They're amazing!". Then years later, "Don't Stop Believing" got adopted by pop culture and they started playing the hell out of that one song. It's a shame, there's so many more that are killer tracks by them.

Foo Fighters (especially songs off "The Colour and the Shape" like "Hey Johnny Park") This band really kicked off a huge spread in my musical tastes.

Thanks to them, I also started liking:
Audioslave (hybrid of Soundgarden's Chris Cornell and Rage Against the Machine)
Incubus ("Light Grenades" started it)
Puddle of Mudd ("Come Clean")
Soundgarden ("Superunknown")
Shinedown ("Leave a Whisper" and "The Sound of Madness")
Collective Soul ("Shine", "December" and "Run" were like "holy crap, they sung those songs"?)
Kings of Leon (mostly out of "Youth and Young Manhood", before "Only by the Night" came out)
Queens of the Stone Age
Stone Temple Pilots
Them Crooked vultures (hybrid of Zeppelin, Foo and QOTSA)