• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

LISA: Feedback, Favorites, and Gameplay strategies.

driftingdragon

Hi everyone! LISA and the DLC LISA: The joyful is a common topic of conversation for those of you who know me well.

I was just opening this thread to see how many other LISA fans are out there. And what you all have to say about it.

One of my favorite things other than the diverse game-play options has to be the soundtrack. When I first heard it, I thought it sounded like shitty sounds and industrial noise, but after a while it really grew on me. Now it's a go-to playlist for my streams and while writing/drawing up everyone's pieces!

Feel free to also post any awesome fanart you'd like to see, I particularly enjoy really nicely rendered JOY monsters!

Have fun guys, gals, and NB folks!

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Oh, this is quite the timing - this was the month I planned to finish the LISA games. The official three (yes, I include The First even though it's an hour long tops), plus fangames Hopeful and Pointless.

Currently just rescued Fardy and I somehow haven't gotten anyone killed yet at this point - though I did have to redo one of the fights four times (it was the one outside the town where you recruit Mad Dog) because I absolutely REFUSE to just throw away 100+ mags in a situation where a fight could be won. Between that and the mutant where you get the bike, I have NOT yet been able to hold on to ANY firebombs for more than a few seconds. It's kinda worrying me that I can't hold onto big-damage items.

What may be slowing things down for me is since I don't know how many doses I'll have and they sell for quite a few mags in a real emergency, I have refused to take my Joy. At all so far. Brad's the only one where I have to worry about Joy right now, the Fire Ball skills seem least affected, and Olan dishes out quite a lot of damage as it stands.

Last edited:
C

CrookedCroc

I love this game, it's humor, gameplay, ost, world, it's so fun to play through it every once in a while. It's a shame that Dingaling will never make something like it ever again after what happened to him and his father.
But hey, at least we can still enjoy this game.
Also, Buckets is the best party member

Firuthi Dragovic

Ugh, that roulette game to get him...

Accounts for about 10 of the 14 party members I lost or missed throughout my playthrough of Painful. I forgot to go back before losing all my stuff (including 2500+ mags - OUCH) due to a late-game sacrifice (making me miss 2 party members in the process), one sacrificed to keep one of my arms, and that little b****** Carp just walked off after resting one time. No seriously, not a SINGLE permakill attack seen throughout my WHOLE experience.

....also for some reason, my comp won't run Hopeful or Pointless. Just crashes right away, and I'm assuming it's because it hates either Windows 10 or 64-bit. Oh well, there's still Joyful to go through.

driftingdragon

Oh, this is quite the timing - this was the month I planned to finish the LISA games. The official three (yes, I include The First even though it's an hour long tops), plus fangames Hopeful and Pointless.

Currently just rescued Fardy and I somehow haven't gotten anyone killed yet at this point - though I did have to redo one of the fights four times (it was the one outside the town where you recruit Mad Dog) because I absolutely REFUSE to just throw away 100+ mags in a situation where a fight could be won. Between that and the mutant where you get the bike, I have NOT yet been able to hold on to ANY firebombs for more than a few seconds. It's kinda worrying me that I can't hold onto big-damage items.

What may be slowing things down for me is since I don't know how many doses I'll have and they sell for quite a few mags in a real emergency, I have refused to take my Joy. At all so far. Brad's the only one where I have to worry about Joy right now, the Fire Ball skills seem least affected, and Olan dishes out quite a lot of damage as it stands.

Sounds like a nice play style.

I swear theres so many gameplay elements that everyone can accommodate for their personal playstyles.
It's been a while since I've done a full playthrough but I am a real drug addict and just try to sparingly use my joy only during plot excelling things. Whereas I just spend tons of time grinding my team. *Can't even remember the team I used* but I focused a lot about powerfully overwhelming enemies. And I had a party full of members that used those little 'reaction commands' like in the 'Armstrong Style' attack.

I've played the first and the joyful, Though I'd love to play the sorrowful and that fan one. I've heard a lot about it in my streams! Do you also suggest I try?

What parts of the storyline am I missing out on without it?

driftingdragon

I love this game, it's humor, gameplay, ost, world, it's so fun to play through it every once in a while. It's a shame that Dingaling will never make something like it ever again after what happened to him and his father.
But hey, at least we can still enjoy this game.
I hope the fangames can carry ;w;

driftingdragon

Ugh, that roulette game to get him...

Accounts for about 10 of the 14 party members I lost or missed throughout my playthrough of Painful. I forgot to go back before losing all my stuff (including 2500+ mags - OUCH) due to a late-game sacrifice (making me miss 2 party members in the process), one sacrificed to keep one of my arms, and that little b****** Carp just walked off after resting one time. No seriously, not a SINGLE permakill attack seen throughout my WHOLE experience.

....also for some reason, my comp won't run Hopeful or Pointless. Just crashes right away, and I'm assuming it's because it hates either Windows 10 or 64-bit. Oh well, there's still Joyful to go through.
Oh nooo I wanna play those games.
I'm thinking of playing them, and if they work on my pc, with similar specs then I'll can let you know if it's an actual hardware issue +Tips if I can get it to run.

Firuthi Dragovic

Sounds like a nice play style.

I swear theres so many gameplay elements that everyone can accommodate for their personal playstyles.

Yeah, it worked pretty well... for a while. It wasn't until that mutant who had the record that I first used Joy in my run.

Mind you, I think my second use of Joy was for the bonus boss (which I handled with Harvey, Birdie, and Crisp - Harvey for status stacking which got to a stunlock point, Birdie for obvious reasons, and Crisp because I had just gotten him) and I used about 4-5 in the end sequence, roughly....

...right after Brad loses his martial arts abilities. I swear, though, they truly rigged that ending for ANY previous play style with the sheer number of firebomb opportunities and full-heal items they give you.

Also as far as other games besides First, Painful, and Joyful.... I was not actually aware of Sorrowful.