• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Little things that blow your mind

QuickSticks45

Wishes he could fly
Well it's really small, but i think it's the coolest thing when a book, or tv show, or game, or movie slips the title of the media into the dialog. But equally i hate it when it tries to smack you in the face with it

Schwimmwagen

Well it's really small, but i think it's the coolest thing when a book, or tv show, or game, or movie slips the title of the media into the dialog. But equally i hate it when it tries to smack you in the face with it

I love it in some books/movies, but "Harry Potter" overdid it. :V

Dj_whoohoo

Super Deja vu. And by that I don't know if anybody else gets this.
But I can remember dreams from like 3 years ago, and then see it happen in real life.
It's like time travel in your mind.

On another note, a teacher told me Deja vu are not dreams. They are just your otherside of your brain processing information faster.

So that leads me to believe that people are experiencing different times of the world.
Example- for someone bores time is going by slow, for someone having fun time flies by. So if someone bored and someone who having fun are in the same room. The guy having fun is seeing the future?

Cyril

Post-rock Crusader
TITLE DROP!

That being said... I only like them when they're cleverly done.
Usually I don't like them, though. Don't drop your title, ever, and I'll be happier.

Schwimmwagen

TITLE DROP!

That being said... I only like them when they're cleverly done.
Usually I don't like them, though. Don't drop your title, ever, and I'll be happier.

I think it depends on what the title is, really. If the title is a descriptive term and the title is dropped as a way to describe e.g. the massive shitstorm that has just started in the story, which also happens to be the main focus of said story, I think it works well.

Zyn

When I realised that Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and The Alphabet are sung to the same tune. :eek:

Zyn

Piroshki

You can play Snake in any non-embedded youtube video by pausing on 0:00, holding the left arrow for 2 seconds, then pressing the up arrow while still holding the left one down. (Don't try it on JesusFish's video though, it has to actually be on the youtube site.)

This does not work for me. :c Do you have to be using a certain browser or something?

Also ^ Baa Baa Black Sheep also has the same tune, and I'm fairly sure there was at least one other one besides the French root.

Mine: Arby's sells roast beef sandwiches.
Arby = ar + by = R + B = RB = Roast Beef.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
What about you, FAF? What's a little thing that you've once found out that somehow amazed you?

Well, there was that one time at the supper table when I was a kid, when I realized honey was bee vomit... so I asked for someone to "pass the bee vomit" instead of the honey.

Folgrimeo

- F3 does the same thing as Ctrl+F.

- Vanilla extract has a trace amount of alcohol in it.

- On October 22 I will have been following the "Faux Pas" webcomic for 8 years (started reading it in 2003). That's longer than I've followed "Ozy and Millie", which I came across in December 2001 and it ended its run in December 2008.

eversleep

Banned
Banned
I'm learning Chinese (or trying to), and the thought and details they put into creating their characters... each one just combines a bunch of other existing characters pretty much and squishes them into one.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Realizing that by any standard, I can look at numbers and realize they're scribbles.

Also, I'm in Wind Ensemble.

Lastly, rainbows.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
Puddles and mirrors at night. They catch the light and do that flicker-flash as you walk by, and every time I'm stunned and my mind is blown for a second. Especially if the thing catching the light is in my peripheral vision. I'm always struck and "WOAH!"
sadbuttrue.jpg
deo_is_a_child.png

CannotWait

One recent thing for me was finding out that the word "meme" rhymed with "cream" and when using the keyboard in the dark and trying to alt-tab on Windows 7, I accidentally found out what using the windows key + tab does instead, and shat myself with surprise and amazement.

*presses WinLogoKey+Tab*
*shits self with surprise and amazement*

L

LizardKing

Pretty much anything to do with quantum physics. That's a lot of very little things.

Antonia

twitch.
Realizing that in a music video I was watching, the main character doesn't escape, but rather he dreams of escaping while dying a painful, fucked up death.

That was one of those little things I really did not want to discover.