• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

living in Saudi Arabia...

G

Garg

as someone who lives in this country for all of his life and most likely going to stay in it. i've ran into some issues; the biggest one has to be my sexuality. you see i'm gay, and as some of you may or may not know, homosexuality or any form of homoerotic activities are enough to get you killed or imprisoned.
ever since the age of 14, I've realized that my feelings and sexual urges has been towards the the same sex as i am, that has obviously shocked me seeing how that would ruin the rest of my life here.

when i had that realization, I've had accepted the fate that i wouldn't live such a fun life, and that's okay or at least that what i tell myself everyday i asleep. everyday been the same, wondering if this day will be my last, asking myself "will i live long enough to get a degree? will i get in drawings before my undeniable fate claim my life?".

what i wanted to say is, i love you guys. and if i can't be happy, then i would be happy knowing that the rest of my true community could be. Would that help my situation in any way, shape, or form? no, but it would give me the glimpse of hope, knowing that other people won't have to go through it as i do. I've made few images to tell you other things my country does.

Yakamaru

Shai'Hulud Whisperer. Or a sand hobo
not that easy dude, can't just immigrant
I know. It sucks. But, if you're patient, you can gain access to a different country. Quite frankly, it'd be awesome to have you here in Norway. Could teach you all kinds of shit. :D

Though the differences in culture, social norms, values, rights, freedoms, etc, might be shocking to a lot of people, when immigrating to a completely different country.

G

Garg

I know. It sucks. But, if you're patient, you can gain access to a different country. Quite frankly, it'd be awesome to have you here in Norway. Could teach you all kinds of shit. :D

Though the differences in culture, social norms, values, rights, freedoms, etc, might be shocking to a lot of people, when immigrating to a completely different country.
would love to see how other people actually are in person.

AshenWolf

Banned
Banned
Study abroad (some countries have decent financial policies for foreign students) and then continue living in that country. You're not in North Korea, you can emigrate

Royn

Otterest Sergal evah!
One has only a single true freedom on this Earth. Choice. Can be monumentally difficult, and completely detrimental.

Yakamaru

Shai'Hulud Whisperer. Or a sand hobo
your answer.....

AUSTRALIA!
G'day, mate. Be careful though, even the water's out to kill ya. :p

would love to see how other people actually are in person.
It might shock you. It might be the experience of a lifetime, and may fill you with some good ideas. It's all up to the individual, and how prepared they are, frankly.

G

Garg

Study abroad (some countries have decent financial policies for foreign students) and then continue living in that country. You're not in North Korea, you can emigrate
while that is a viable option. i can not as seeing that multiple people depend on me. my mom is about to retire and my sister is currently single and jobless, if I've left i don't know if they could support themselves

AshenWolf

Banned
Banned
while that is a viable option. i can not as seeing that multiple people depend on me. my mom is about to retire and my sister is currently single and jobless, if I've left i don't know if they could support themselves

They will manage. If things get really tough for them you can always send some money.

Drayx

Well, I can only say two things - first that you are brave for facing such hardship, in a way that few of us know.

Second - people here are cowards, cowards of the good kind, but cowards nonetheless. Telling someone to just immigrate like it is a piece of cake while you live in the comfortable liberal west. How naive can you be? Have you looked around and saw what is happening to the rest of the world? Or do you have some extra visa for an unknown person from the community? Are you in a position to suggest to someone to leave his family, home and friends?

Maybe things will change for good. Maybe you can be part of it in your own country. Without people like you working on different levels and in different medias things won't change, they'll only become worse. Societies change from within, slowly. I hope that liberal intentions will grow stronger and become reality to allow freedom of the individual. Maybe. No one can preach you or anyone to be a hero of course.

I would like to hear more about the life in Saudi Arabia, to have a better understanding of how people live there, their hopes and dreams. Not in a patronizing manner, but as a kind of an open dialog, to exchange experiences and thoughts. All of our countries and societies have flaws and weak spots, you can find hatred anywhere.

Best luck in whatever you do!

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Careful mate, I've called it a shit place to live and gotten warnings and bans for it

Tezzy Fur

Hey Garg (paw wave)

I found reading your story to be one of the most affecting things I've read in a very long time. I'm a gay furry living in the UK and whilst there is still prejudice towards homosexuals we have come a long way and it is very easy to take our gains for granted.

There are options for gay people who are looking to start a new life in a safer place. Yes it is true that you can claim asylum in some countries who recognise homosexuals fleeing persecution. This obviously isn't an easy process but if you can prove you would be in danger if you're returned home it is certainly possible. I've included a link from Peter Thatchell's website, he is a well respected gay rights advocate over here (this will obviously be mostly related to the UK but there are some extra links at the bottom of the page that apply to you. If there are other countries that you feel you could go, start with a google search). I'm more than happy to help in any way I can, even if it's just giving time and moral support. As For leaving behind your family, nobody can make that decision for you, however I will say that there is nothing wrong with considering what you need to do for yourself. You have every right to be happy and it's not selfish to strive for a future where you can be loved for who you are.

I wish you all the luck you need. Please don't be a stranger and message me anytime. This is a great community and a safe place to be yourself.

Tezzy Fur (furry hug and kiss)

Peter Tatchell: Asylum Advice for LGBT Refugees

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I'm sorry to hear that you are trapped inside a repressive country that enforces judicial homophobia.

I have to say that I am surprised Saudi Arabia still prohibits Cinema, because the last documentary I watched about Saudi Arabia, in which that was mentioned, was filmed in the 1980's. I had imagined that things might have changed at least a little since then.

I wish you well, garg.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Hey Garg (paw wave)

I found reading your story to be one of the most affecting things I've read in a very long time. I'm a gay furry living in the UK and whilst there is still prejudice towards homosexuals we have come a long way and it is very easy to take our gains for granted.

There are options for gay people who are looking to start a new life in a safer place. Yes it is true that you an claim asylum in some countries who recognise homosexuals fleeing persecution. This obviously isn't an easy process but if you can prove you would be in danger if you're returned home it is certainly possible. I've included a link from Peter Thatchell's website, he is a well respected gay rights advocate over here (this will obviously be mostly related to the UK but there are some extra links at the bottom of the page that apply to you. If there are other countries that you feel you could go, start with a google search). I'm more than happy to help in any way I can, even if it's just giving time and moral support. As For leaving behind your family, nobody can make that decision for you, however I will say that there is nothing wrong with considering what you need to do for yourself. You have every right to be happy and it's not selfish to strive for a future where you can be loved for who you are.

I wish you all the luck you need. Please don't be a stranger and message me anytime. This is a great community and a safe place to be yourself.

Tezley Fur (furry hug and kiss)

Building off of that I know Canada and America have the "Safe Third Country" agreement which allows someone to claim asylum in either country. As long as you have an education, skills and you take the right path by going through the necessary legal steps then you're welcomed by many in Canada with open arms.

www.cic.gc.ca: Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement

Just make sure you don't abuse any loopholes

G

Garg

Well, I can only say two things - first that you are brave for facing such hardship, in a way that few of us know.

Second - people here are cowards, cowards of the good kind, but cowards nonetheless. Telling someone to just immigrate like it is a piece of cake while you live in the comfortable liberal west. How naive can you be? Have you looked around and saw what is happening to the rest of the world? Or do you have some extra visa for an unknown person from the community? Are you in a position to suggest to someone to leave his family, home and friends?

Maybe things will change for good. Maybe you can be part of it in your own country. Without people like you working on different levels and in different medias things won't change, they'll only become worse. Societies change from within, slowly. I hope that liberal intentions will grow stronger and become reality to allow freedom of the individual. Maybe. No one can preach you or anyone to be a hero of course.

I would like to hear more about the life in Saudi Arabia, to have a better understanding of how people live there, their hopes and dreams. Not in a patronizing manner, but as a kind of an open dialog, to exchange experiences and thoughts. All of our countries and societies have flaws and weak spots, you can find hatred anywhere.

Best luck in whatever you do!
hehe, i would be happy to supply you with any info you need. maybe we could talk more in pms?

G

Garg

Hey Garg (paw wave)

There are options for gay people who are looking to start a new life in a safer place. Yes it is true that you can claim asylum in some countries who recognise homosexuals fleeing persecution. This obviously isn't an easy process but if you can prove you would be in danger if you're returned home it is certainly possible. I've included a link from Peter Thatchell's website, he is a well respected gay rights advocate over here (this will obviously be mostly related to the UK but there are some extra links at the bottom of the page that apply to you. If there are other countries that you feel you could go, start with a google search). I'm more than happy to help in any way I can, even if it's just giving time and moral support. As For leaving behind your family, nobody can make that decision for you, however I will say that there is nothing wrong with considering what you need to do for yourself. You have every right to be happy and it's not selfish to strive for a future where you can be loved for who you are.

Tezzy Fur (furry hug and kiss)

thanks for the word of reassurance, i appreciate it. *giggles* im not sure about how an asylum would work. i still imagine a hospital for some reason, lol.

Tezzy Fur

thanks for the word of reassurance, i appreciate it. *giggles* im not sure about how an asylum would work. i still imagine a hospital for some reason, lol.

Hey Grag (paw wave)

*laugh* don't worry, it's not that bad over here. Seems like you have a difficult decision to make. I've been doing a little research into how gay refugees apply for asylum, partly because of your case but also because it's pretty interesting stuff. Have a think about what you'd like to do and if you do decide to go in this direction let me know and I'll see if I can find anything that can help you. Or we can just chat about furry stuff, totally up to you :)

(furry cuddle x)

Mandragoras

Inept Abecedarian
Seeking asylum in Canada seems like your best bet, honestly, but I understand your concerns with respect to your sister and mother. That's... really, really tough. No two ways about it.

I truly wish you the best of luck.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Seeking asylum in Canada seems like your best bet, honestly, but I understand your concerns with respect to your sister and mother. That's... really, really tough. No two ways about it.

I truly wish you the best of luck.

America is actually the easier option of the 2 as far as I know. The upside is that Canada offers better stipulations

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
America is pretty boss, dude. My main advice is WORK HARD to GET OUT OF THERE. The Middle East and its Islamic hegemony is a lost cause. I see no Reformation in sight. You can still be Islamic and gay and be safe here in the US. We have our issues but God I love debating. Putting people in place and getting put in place. I'm a gay, mostly conservative and agnostic. It's great. And sex! Great place with a diverse selection of people to choose from. Don't let your body go to shit then you are limited to who will take you. Eat right, exercise and practice safe sex. Your goal should be to get here by the time you are 25. Stay low key get a good job even if you hate. You have plenty of time to switch careers in your life.

G

Garg

Hey Grag (paw wave)

*laugh* don't worry, it's not that bad over here. Seems like you have a difficult decision to make. I've been doing a little research into how gay refugees apply for asylum, partly because of your case but also because it's pretty interesting stuff. Have a think about what you'd like to do and if you do decide to go in this direction let me know and I'll see if I can find anything that can help you. Or we can just chat about furry stuff, totally up to you :)

(furry cuddle x)
thanks for researching the topic for me. hehe, wow you've read all that for poor ol' me? i appreciate the effort dude, but sadly, seeking an asylum would a bit hard to do. still, can't believe you did it