• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

living in Saudi Arabia...

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
thanks for researching the topic for me. hehe, wow you've read all that for poor ol' me? i appreciate the effort dude, but sadly, seeking an asylum would a bit hard to do. still, can't believe you did it
We all have problems in our own way. Some are just way more obvious and plain to see than others.

You already seem to be a pretty decent chap.

Tezzy Fur

thanks for researching the topic for me. hehe, wow you've read all that for poor ol' me? i appreciate the effort dude, but sadly, seeking an asylum would a bit hard to do. still, can't believe you did it

Hey Garg.

Not a problem at all, I'm more than happy to help if I can, i'm kind of a study need so anything that involves reading I love to do *laugh*. Give it some thought and don't be put off by thinking it would be too hard, you have a lot of support here if you need it.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

If you means anything there are cases of refugees from Ghana that applied for asylum due to their orientation and got accepted.

But fuck one guy in particular because he also abused a loophole in the agreement. Would have still been accepted regardless

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
woah, you think so? *blushes*
Going by the conversation so far, yes, I think so.

I would recommend you get out of Saudi Arabia when you can, but ultimately, the choice is yours.

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.
not that easy dude, can't just immigrant
Immigrating to the US right now wouldn't be advisable. The Orange Faced Shit Gibbon is making this country hell for anyone looking like a Muslim, much less gay.
And of course there's the Muslim travel ban, but you're from an oil rich country who we have financial ties with, so you're cool on that.

In all due seriousness, I want to cry. Reading your story is heartbreaking. Here's a virtual hug Garg, Keep strong.
95114-sending-virtual-hug-meme-sorry-Rzjx.jpeg
95114-sending-virtual-hug-meme-sorry-Rzjx.jpeg 2808364-6583011949-16238.jpg
95114-sending-virtual-hug-meme-sorry-Rzjx.jpeg
2808364-6583011949-16238.jpg

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
Immigrating to the US right now wouldn't be advisable. The Orange Faced Shit Gibbon is making this country hell for anyone looking like a Muslim, much less gay.
And of course there's the Muslim travel ban, but you're from an oil rich country who we have financial ties with, so you're cool on that.
Saudi Arabia's not on the list for the travel ban, so your argument is unfortunately invalid. God Emperor Trump's fixing America, but it's going to take time.

It's also not a Muslim ban. If Trump wanted a Muslim ban he'd put all 50-ish Islamic countries on that temporary travel ban.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

In all due seriousness, I want to cry. Reading your story is heartbreaking. Here's a virtual hug Garg, Keep strong.View attachment 17652 View attachment 17652 View attachment 17653 View attachment 17652 View attachment 17653

He hasn't enacted anything that singles out muslims specifically nor is it a Muslim ban. It's a travel ban from Muslim-majority countries known to be terrorist hotbeds

He'd do fine in America, though if he's serious about it and puts in great work effort then he'd definitely be better off in Canada

L

LupusFamilia

Usually i say people for such themes they should just do what they want as long as they know its what they want inside their "heart, no matter if its prohibited. But well, relating to the things i usually hear about law proceedings on Islam states i'm not that sure if i would stay this direction there.
But with the Internet freedom issues it would be a idea to search you some kind of proxy outside your state or maybe use the TOR-network to avoid your countrys restrictions. I heard somewhere a bunch of chinese people do so since there also much of the net is blocked. In fact probably everything would help that manages your PC to pretend a alternate porition in some non-restricted country such as Germany, Netherlands, i guess Romania also works...
But if you do, better look that you hide your IP oder several edges since even the most anonymous internet gate is traceable back to the source it comes from.
But with your lifestyle... well, do it private or stuff. Look out for people you know you can trust and i mean really trusting not such people what just tell you you look fine or you can tell them everything if you "want"... it takes times, but somewhere you will maybe find a guy what you can really trust. And if youre not alone, you can already less easy been make silent.
But well, thats all jsut a few infos from a straight, stereotypical, lazy IT-crack from germania. So i'm not that good for giving gay advices... as i said, just hear on your heart. Cause a live against your nature is like holding dogs in cages. One day they will either eat each other or bite through the cage and break out.

Mandragoras

Inept Abecedarian
America is actually the easier option of the 2 as far as I know. The upside is that Canada offers better stipulations
Canada's asylum laws are way less punitive and byzantine, and the gap between when you arrive and when you're allowed to become a resident is far smaller. It's harder if you're coming from somewhere simply to work, but if you're fleeing persecution, it's significantly less of a hassle; and given this country's current administration's crackdown on "illegal immigration" of all varieties—including failed asylum claimants (say, folks running from violent gangs) and people who've simply stayed here too long waiting for their paperwork to go through—coming here if return means imprisonment or death is a bad idea.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Canada's asylum laws are way less punitive and byzantine, and the gap between when you arrive and when you're allowed to become a resident is far smaller. It's harder if you're coming from somewhere simply to work, but if you're fleeing persecution, it's significantly less of a hassle; and given this country's current administration's crackdown on "illegal immigration" of all varieties—including failed asylum claimants (say, folks running from violent gangs) and people who've simply stayed here too long waiting for their paperwork to go through—coming here if return means imprisonment or death is a bad idea.
Even so, I'd say Canada's requirements are fairly harsher compared to the US. Yes, you'll likely get accepted if you apply, but we have strict requirements. Said requirements off the top of my head are one of the following:

Have family already in Canada
Be a minor without a parent of guardian
Have marketable skills

Thankfully Ahmed Hussen hasn't botched that up yet but knowing him, it'll probably be soon that it gets even easier

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
No matter if you think free speech even exists or not this is not. This is unacceptable & you need to find a place that is not as restrictive as this.

As soon as you possibly can you need to trust me.

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.
Saudi Arabia's not on the list for the travel ban, so your argument is unfortunately invalid. God Emperor Trump's fixing America, but it's going to take time.

It's also not a Muslim ban. If Trump wanted a Muslim ban he'd put all 50-ish Islamic countries on that temporary travel ban.
Well, you caught me, sarcasm doesn't always translate to text.
Oh, it's a Muslim ban, a ban of poor, refugee Muslims.
And I wouldn't call destroying the EPA, trying to over write Obama's order on the DAPL, destroying healthcare and popular social programs "fixing America".

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
Well, you caught me, sarcasm doesn't always translate to text.
Oh, it's a Muslim ban, a ban of poor, refugee Muslims.
And I wouldn't call destroying the EPA, trying to over write Obama's order on the DAPL, destroying healthcare and popular social programs "fixing America".
The EPA's not getting destroyed. Their priorities are being changed. Because of the regulations and legislations put into place by th previous administration, some areas are seeing moronic electricity prices per kW. The American economy have been crippled for the sake of a slight reduction in Co2 emissions. In 8 years Obama and his administration have effectively doubled the national debt from 10 Trillion to nearly 20 Trillion. The new administration have already killed off $100 billion off the debt. In 2 months alone. It have gone from a negative to a slight growth. DOW's probably going to hit 21,000 soon, too.

A mix of nuclear and LFTR's would solve the energy problems. Throw in renewable energy sources in good areas.

It's not a Muslim ban unless the majority of Muslims are being temporarily from traveling to the US: Which they are not.

The DAPL is not a problem UNLESS there is a spill: With proper implementation, security and design planning, the chance of such a spill is vastly reduced, if not completely killed off, unless people decide to sabotage it. The DAPL will be a huge economical boost to America. It will also create jobs for as long as the pipeline is operational.

As for the healthcare system and social programs: The healthcare system premiums already have double digit, in some areas, triple digits increase, in terms of costs. More and more people just can't afford it anymore. Special interests/social programs will have their funding cut. If you follow the money, it often ends up not where it's supposed to be in the first place, or the Dollar is spent very poorly overall. Last time I heard, some, if not a decent amount of these special interests/social programs, are illegally funded in the first place. The administration want to start the repealing process, but can't do much with people opposing them every step of the way. Frankly, I am surprised he's gotten this far in 2 months, despite all the whining, bitching and resistance from, well, everywhere.

That being said: I'm going to give Trump these first 4 years before I judge on whether or not he's a force for good, somewhere in between, or made things worse.

Orla

Much love and support from this American lady! I hope you are able to live your life the way you want, where you want, and I'm sorry it's so difficult for you right now. We can't control where we are born, and politics has a way of making life hell for so many people when it's no fault of their own.

Keep your head down, but your chin up! Yes, confusing, I know! Stay safe and I hope to hear that you've moved to a safer place and have a happy relationship soon!

Generic Fox

King of Autotune
I highly suggest against that considering many areas of Sweden are becoming very dangerous to live in
while that is true, it's still better than saudi arabia. op could immigrate to sweden temporarily, with the eventual goal of moving to, say, wales.

AustinB

Professional loser
I'm not even gonna bother with the Middle East until things there calm down

S

Sagt

That does sound like a very challenging problem to fix due to the situation of your mother and sister. Though if you do decide (and have the opportunity) to move, I second Canada as a good option.

Also, you would probably be better off trying to emmigrate by way of education. This is because it's supposedly very challenging to prove that you are homosexual in order to qualify as a refugee.

I highly suggest against that considering many areas of Sweden are becoming very dangerous to live in
I'm sure there are dangerous places in Sweden (like there are in every country), but the idea that Sweden is suddenly becoming very dangerous is just false. Sweden is a great country to move to as can be seen by just about any measure, so if Garg does have the opportunity to move to Sweden, I would fully encourage him to do so.

while that is true, it's still better than saudi arabia. op could immigrate to sweden temporarily, with the eventual goal of moving to, say, wales.
>Wales

No.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sergei Sóhomo

That does sound like a very challenging problem to fix due to the situation of your mother and sister. Though if you do decide (and have the opportunity) to move, I second Canada as a good option.

Also, you would probably be better off trying to emmigrate by way of education. This is because it's supposedly very challenging to prove that you are homosexual in order to qualify as a refugee.

I'm sure there are dangerous places in Sweden (like there are in every country), but the idea that Sweden is suddenly becoming very dangerous is just false. Sweden is a great country to move to as can be seen by just about any measure, so if Garg does have the opportunity to move to Sweden, I would fully encourage him to do so.

>Wales

No.
I didn't say all of it, but many parts are

S

Sagt

Wales is nice.

Better than *shudders* canada.
It varies by city/region, but in general, the Welsh economy isn't that great. Keeping this in mind, it's probably not a good idea for a young immigrant to move away from the very prosperous Sweden to live in Wales.

I was going to write something a bit cheeky, but there are probably some Welsh furries on this forum that wouldn't find it very amusing. :3

Last edited by a moderator: