• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Lockable fursuits?

charizardmew3

Hi. Who here has ever been locked inside a fursuit? Any pics or vids?

I'm looking for something like this:
. The fursuit shown in this video is made by Dombrus. Midori is another maker of these kinds of "plush" fursuits. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Well, if that's your thing . . .

The Old Warhorse Ver 1.0 actually has a locking zipper slide but the wife unit never locked it on me. I used that zipper because it's the one that came instead of the usual YKK brass one I ordered. Couldn't get a replacement in time so the keys were hung on the bedroom key rack and there they are to this day, used only once to see that the slide really would lock.

I have to say, a plush suit is one of those things you would do that on a very cold day by turning down the heat in the house or go out in the snow in it. Those plush suits are just too insulated for any kind of hot weather. Also, you are at the mercy of the key holder who might turn out to be a closet Dom or plain old @$$hole. Wear a diaper would be my advice.

Borophagus Monoclinous

The official prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
Well, if that's your thing . . .

The Old Warhorse Ver 1.0 actually has a locking zipper slide but the wife unit never locked it on me. I used that zipper because it's the one that came instead of the usual YKK brass one I ordered. Couldn't get a replacement in time so the keys were hung on the bedroom key rack and there they are to this day, used only once to see that the slide really would lock.

I have to say, a plush suit is one of those things you would do that on a very cold day by turning down the heat in the house or go out in the snow in it. Those plush suits are just too insulated for any kind of hot weather. Also, you are at the mercy of the key holder who might turn out to be a closet Dom or plain old @$$hole. Wear a diaper would be my advice.

Yeah, a really huge diaper with another even bigger diaper on top.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
The closest I've ever been to being locking in a fursuit was the one below. I could take the head off by myself, but the rest needed a handler. From the posts above, you can wear a fursuit in hot weather. I've done it. I wore my Cutter Cat Sabertooth fursuit with 3 inch fur outside for almost an hour when it was 95F (35C). My friend also wore his lion fursuit. It was for a church youth day. The fur actually insulates you for a time from the hot weather.

charizardmew3

The closest I've ever been to being locking in a fursuit was the one below. I could take the head off by myself, but the rest needed a handler. From the posts above, you can wear a fursuit in hot weather. I've done it. I wore my Cutter Cat Sabertooth fursuit with 3 inch fur outside for almost an hour when it was 95F (35C). My friend also wore his lion fursuit. It was for a church youth day. The fur actually insulates you for a time from the hot weather.
How come you needed a handler? Sure I mean it might be a little tricky with only 4 fingers on each hand to work with, but I'm sure you could have managed it.

At least going from what's shown in the image. No offense, but that "sabertooth" looks more like a rabbit to me.

Mr. Fox

Cheeseburger Pride
A lockable fursuit?

Why am I not surprised...

In any case, they sound dangerous to me. The chance of heatstroke and claustrophobia goes up. Just imagine if you're busting for a piss or shit, I perish the thought. Probably not so bad if you're wearing a diaper though, but, still...

Mr. Fox

Cheeseburger Pride
By the way, link is broken...

Mr. Fox

Cheeseburger Pride
It means it's basically the furry version of a gimp suit.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
What does that even mean?
It means, the suit has a locking apparatus to it of some type. Wearer puts it on, the partner locks it, wearer is stuck in it for however long the partner decides. Or maybe locks themselves into a suit and puts the key in a time safe.

Typically these suits have attached heads paws and feet, full enclosure. Or maybe the head/paws/feet zip off but can have the zipper pull locked or secured in some manner. Often times it's an overstuffed "plushie" suit, kind of like a stuffed animal.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
How come you needed a handler? Sure I mean it might be a little tricky with only 4 fingers on each hand to work with, but I'm sure you could have managed it.

At least going from what's shown in the image. No offense, but that "sabertooth" looks more like a rabbit to me.
That is the Energizer Bunny. It was a paid gig for an auto show in Nashville. The reason you need a handler is that first of all, that drum is on a metal harness that hangs on the shoulders and across the chest. It is under the fursuit and is attached with hooks. The zipper is dead in the back. The handler is there for safety and for dressing and removing the suit. The suit is impossible to get into or out of solo. The vision out of the head is atrocious. The best point to look out of is the mesh in the nose, which is about the same dimensions as your index finger held out about eight inches from your face. I was the first one wearing this iteration of the suit, so I had to evaluate it. It was very comfortable to wear. The head rested on the shoulders. The metal harness would benefit from some extra padding on the metal over the shoulders, but wasn't intolerable. The feet were clunky, but that's just the character. The really bad part was that after wearing the suit for about five minutes, I realized I was running out of oxygen. There wasn't enough air exchange to keep up with what I was breathing. Fifteen minutes in suit and I would have passed out from lack of oxygen. I finally was able to wear the suit for about 40 minutes at a time by slightly lifting the head and blowing out the crack, which sucked fresh air in. I had to do this every four minutes or so when my breath rate started increasing with my body trying to get more oxygen in. I recommended an air exchange fan. My Cutter Cat Sabertooth fursuit does not have these problems, and I have worn him for up to six hours at a stretch. I was promoting the movie "Puss in Boots" at the Malco Theater dressed as a sword wielding feline in a three Musketeers hat. lol. I can easily get into and out of my sabertooth fursuit. You might find this video funny.

Mr. Fox

Cheeseburger Pride
You sound oddly young for an old codger.

Fentanyl

Bastard Boy
It means, the suit has a locking apparatus to it of some type. Wearer puts it on, the partner locks it, wearer is stuck in it for however long the partner decides. Or maybe locks themselves into a suit and puts the key in a time safe.

Typically these suits have attached heads paws and feet, full enclosure. Or maybe the head/paws/feet zip off but can have the zipper pull locked or secured in some manner. Often times it's an overstuffed "plushie" suit, kind of like a stuffed animal.

Sounds a bit dangerous but I won’t judge I guess. To each his own.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
are they... missing limbs or am i crazy?
You have to use your imagination and squint a bit. The "Gimpee" has his/her hands touching their shoulders and they're in a kneeling position, knees spread with the calves against the thighs. Doesn't look like fun to me . . .

A friend's wife had a locking realistic Border Collie fursuit commissioned. Body, feet, paws, tail and head all one piece. The paws were heavily padded so no using hands while in suit. The back zipper went from the base of the tail up to the back of the head where the pull could be key-locked. When they went into the fursuit headless lounges at conventions, he would just unzip the back far enough for her to take the head off, allowing it to lay on her assets while cooling off.

There was one more unusually placed zipper so other needs could be attended to without suit removal . . . :confused:

She had wanted me to do the commission but I was working too many hours at the time and I had safety issues with not being able to take off the head and paws by herself. Somebody in NorCal did the suit, I don't remember who it was, though. Not important.

I dunno, not my cup of tea.