• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Lockable fursuits?

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I guess I'll point this out - when I would wear the whole The Old Warhorse fursuit, I couldn't get out of it by myself, either. Get the head off, yes. Past that, no. My gloves with the fake finger hooves on them, could not get the cuffs unsnapped from the sleeves to save my life. There's six small snaps that cumulatively, were like the glove was sewn on. Should have went with velcro.

Things to keep in mind while building a suit.

charizardmew3

Yes, and the one I'm getting in a few short months is going to be a one-piece lockable crossgender suit, although I'd like to point out that it necessitates hand-washing the entire suit since the body, paws, and head are all joined and you do NOT want to stick that into a washer or dryer. Also, what the previous user said about restricting neck movement is true, and if you drop from dehydration, EMTs will MAKE it a several piece suit anyway. Although I kinda wonder about one where all the pieces zip together and then lock.
How did that go?

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Do lockable plush suits typically have the head attached or not?
Well, the person paying the makers' bill makes that call. Having a removable head is a safety feature but there are suits that are fully one piece. The fur in the neck area can be done on the bias (look that up on sewing sites) so it does give the neck a lot of freedom. The Old Warhorse ver 1.0 has a high neck and the head has a collar that goes over it. No matter how far I move my head, you can't see skin.

Kumali

Lupine-American
Hi. Who here has ever been locked inside a fursuit? Any pics or vids?

I'm looking for something like this:
. The fursuit shown in this video is made by Dombrus. Midori is another maker of these kinds of "plush" fursuits. Thanks!

Am I the only one who's reminded of Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis?

Chomby

You saw nothing...
That's kinda hot.
Uh.

Yeah no I haven't. I bet a standard gimp suit costs less.

FlooferWoofer

Depressed. Going back into lurk mode.
How did that go?
Delayed by Oregon wildfires and pandemic nonsense, unfortunately. I probably won't see it until next year and I hate that so much. ;w;

They CAN have head attached, but I opted not to because I have to keep in mind the feasibility of wearing it for long periods of time. If my handler has to step away and I feel the sudden urge to sneeze, vomit, or heat stroke, I want to be able to pull it off quick because that would be instant "everything is awful". =x Plus, cleaning and repairing it would be made more of a hassle, so nah.

Perhaps if all the pieces zipped together, you could lock them temporarily? In other news, I've started building suits and I'm far along on my first one. If I can get enough of a handle on the basics I'll experiment with more technical aspects like this.

Trevorbluesquirrel

Delayed by Oregon wildfires and pandemic nonsense, unfortunately. I probably won't see it until next year and I hate that so much. ;w;

They CAN have head attached, but I opted not to because I have to keep in mind the feasibility of wearing it for long periods of time. If my handler has to step away and I feel the sudden urge to sneeze, vomit, or heat stroke, I want to be able to pull it off quick because that would be instant "everything is awful". =x Plus, cleaning and repairing it would be made more of a hassle, so nah.

Perhaps if all the pieces zipped together, you could lock them temporarily? In other news, I've started building suits and I'm far along on my first one. If I can get enough of a handle on the basics I'll experiment with more technical aspects like this.

Waiting is hard, took me 27 months to get mine!

Do show us when you do get it!

FlooferWoofer

Depressed. Going back into lurk mode.
Who here remembers the (regrettably late) Pouchhopper? He made lots of these.

For anyone who needs to know. I had to google him because I was still only a cringey Middle schooler and knew little of the fandom when he passed. It's neat he was more open about doing suits like that when more makers today prefer to keep it on the down-low if they do it at all.