• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Locks: Old and New

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
I remember years ago when I would have fun with my little padlock thing I found lying around, locking things shut, or locking the key on the padlock it was meant to open, and then never using it again.

And then the wonder of sliding locks, gate locks, door locks, keycard locks, and even remote locks!

Voice activated locks, retina scans, passcodes, and all the sci-fi doors with locks activated by valves and wheels and a multitude of wondrous, wondrous locks.

Discuss locks and locking, here.

Silver Dragon

Don't worry, I'm a doctor.
INB4 LOCK :V

But seriously, my sister is a real stickler for locking our front door, even though it's behind our building in the alley.

blackfuredfox

is a Gunnery Sergeant now.
I love those old 17th-19th century locks that were bigger than a box of kittens.

Jashwa

I hate combination locks. I always forget which way to turn first and it frustrates me.

Holsety

In the sixth grade it took me a month to both remember my locker combo in the and the left-right order it went in.

Keylocks > Combo locks :(

gdzeek

Not to be takin Seriously
This is going to lead to the discussion of thread locking you know?

I was just thinking that, but I'll ikmagine this one innocent.

actually the retina scanning ones are interesting, I've always wanted to try using one that and one of those lie detectors just to see how I do.

Silver Dragon

There's a guy at my college who has a jump drive that requires a fingerprint scan to access. Pretty neat imo.

Nylak

Angry Otter
I love locking things. I have so many keys on my work caribiner that I look like a janitor.

I should lock something else. WHATEVER COULD I LOCK.

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
I hate combination locks. I always forget which way to turn first and it frustrates me.
I've never seen those locks, other than in American TV shows where drama unfolds because the cheerleader can't get it right, and then a jock comes along and helps her, and then all is well and a lesson is derived.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
The first Brinks lock I used for my locker this year had to get cut off because the combination stopped working

So then I had to get a Master Lock

I think the combination was like, 39 something 31

Silver Dragon

I've never seen those locks, other than in American TV shows where drama unfolds because the cheerleader can't get it right, and then a jock comes along and helps her, and then all is well and a lesson is derived.

Every locker in my high school had one. The lockers at my workplace have them as well.

Jashwa

Really? You never seen one of these in real life?

Nylak

Angry Otter
Are they all different kinds of keys? That makes it even better
Yeah, for some reason they decided to put a different lock on EVERY door in the shelter facility, and they're like all different ages, shapes and sizes, and some are padlocks, masterlocks, deadbolts, and normal door locks. It looks like I work in some huge facility. It's ridiculous.

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
That is very, very surprising. They're EVERYWHERE here. They're on most lockers in schools, my school mailbox, the drawers in our lab, etc.
That's because you're backwards land where you measure in inches and yards and birds fly in oil, and planes land in the side of the twin towers.

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
One time I bought a combination lock at a tag sale for 75 cents.

...it didn't have the combo :c
I was a sad 7 year old...