• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Long time artist & art scoper looking for some kind of community

Huglust

most goodest boi
Hey! I think making a post in introductions was the best choice for this. Not new to the fandom but nobody knows me. I'm an artist from NW US who has been in the fandom for something like 8 years.. and has yet to make any friends or create any kind of network, or whatever. I'm still not super great at art, but regardless of that I'm definitely lonely. I find it weird to see so many artists streaming with others and people generally knowing each other.. you know, fun social stuff, when I have no idea how these connections are made online. Surely not all of them are made online. But anyway..

I just wanted to introduce myself and see if anyone has some advice. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like actually connecting with other artists would be a really nice thing. Lots of artists are loners and keep to themselves but I don't really want to be like that anymore. I've been so passionate about the art and the artists for so long and I've worked very hard to get as good at drawing as I can yet it seems like I've always been on the outside looking in.

So anyway... Hi!

edit: .....I can already tell checking out the forums was potentially a great first step. I haven't been around these much.

Last edited:

Hound-of-chulainn

Hey, welcome. :D I'm kinda in the same boat, so nice to see other people reaching out too. The community here has been super friendly from what I've seen so far; I'm sure you'll make a bunch of new friends. What kind of art do you like to do?

Huglust

most goodest boi
Hey, welcome. :D I'm kinda in the same boat, so nice to see other people reaching out too. The community here has been super friendly from what I've seen so far; I'm sure you'll make a bunch of new friends. What kind of art do you like to do?
I'm trying to get better at painting in general atm so I'm not doing anything too specific specific right now. However, my focus is lewd anthro stuff mostly but tasteful and not too.. crazy. However, I do other stuff too. I like painting flowers sometimes. Oh! Dreamscapes! I love Dreamscapes!

Hound-of-chulainn

Dreamscapes and natural scenes are wonderful. :D
I like all kinds of art, so I bounce around, but I've been trying to improve my pixel art and character design lately. I've found drawing anthos are really good for learning how to draw all kinds of unique features. I haven't tried doing anything lewd art yet, but when I'm more comfortable with my art I might give it a try.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Hello! "Nobody knows me"... Ha, that's exactly my case too! Well, I'm probably somewhat known on the forums by now, but when it comes to the art, it is largely like that. Views in the low hundreds etc.

I have a suspicion that attending cons can provide huge boost to one's exposure. But that's no go for me even aside from all the virus stuff - I'm awfully far away from locations where such things take place.

And online, I have this weird situation where I'm even more asocial than IRL. This forum may be the biggest exception.

As a little suggestion, why not put a link to your FA gallery in your user profile? Then it would be accessible under the "About" section.

spoonful-of-jam

Hello there! I'm an artist who loves connecting with other artists (and in the past I've also had similar experiences with making connections online), so feel free to reach out to me if you'd ever like to chat! Do you post your artwork anywhere? I'd love to see it. :)

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Welcome! I'm not an artist, but I do talk to a couple :3

I'm sure you can find artist friends to chat with! Plenty around the fandom.

Hope you settle in well :3

Huglust

most goodest boi
I have a suspicion that attending cons can provide huge boost to one's exposure.

And online, I have this weird situation where I'm even more asocial than IRL. This forum may be the biggest exception.

As a little suggestion, why not put a link to your FA gallery in your user profile? Then it would be accessible under the "About" section.
I don't know if cons would really be my thing but maybe. Also, I'm not exactly looking for art exposure here, in case that's what you mean.

Thanks for suggesting I link my page. I hadn't considered that because I draw a lot of lewd stuff. Didn't want to be like "Hey guys! Looking for friends! Here's some naked anthro gals!" lol although that might not be that bad of an idea. However, again, I'm not trying to net attention to my art. More like actually looking for a group of friends or community to be actively a part of. I've been a loner artist for a long time.
Hello there! I'm an artist who loves connecting with other artists (and in the past I've also had similar experiences with making connections online), so feel free to reach out to me if you'd ever like to chat! Do you post your artwork anywhere? I'd love to see it. :)

Hey, yes I post on FA mainly and sometimes E621. Still go by Huglust. Nice to meet you and I'd be happy to scope your work too

edit: I should mention I make a lot of lewd stuff. Just so you know, in case you have that hidden on FA and you notice there's like just flowers and a forest in my gallery lol

Last edited:

spoonful-of-jam

I don't know if cons would really be my thing but maybe. Also, I'm not exactly looking for art exposure here, in case that's what you mean.

Thanks for suggesting I link my page. I hadn't considered that because I draw a lot of lewd stuff. Didn't want to be like "Hey guys! Looking for friends! Here's some naked anthro gals!" lol although that might not be that bad of an idea. However, again, I'm not trying to net attention to my art. More like actually looking for a group of friends or community to be actively a part of. I've been a loner artist for a long time.

Hey, yes I post on FA mainly and sometimes E621. Still go by Huglust. Nice to meet you and I'd be happy to scope your work too

edit: I should mention I make a lot of lewd stuff. Just so you know, in case you have that hidden on FA and you notice there's like just flowers and a forest in my gallery lol
Lol no worries, I draw lewd stuff too :p I will also scope out your account!

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena

Hey, I don't think that people on here are going to be appalled just because your gallery has naked anthro gals (I, for one, have them in droves, haha!). Especially since I can see that yours are properly tagged, so those who don't want to see NSFW will not.

I see what you mean, about looking for friends or community. I don't want to appear obsessed with attention (if I was, I'd probably drop all this art stuff long ago, because of the poor results). It's just my observation that the amounts of attention and feedback tend to be related. And I love getting feedback on my art.

But it's always a good idea to try to connect anyway. We can talk about art for sure, especially that I find your gallery appealing! I'll start by giving some comments on your works as time allows, you don't deserve to have the comment sections completely empty.

Huglust

most goodest boi
Hey, I don't think that people on here are going to be appalled just because your gallery has naked anthro gals (I, for one, have them in droves, haha!). Especially since I can see that yours are properly tagged, so those who don't want to see NSFW will not.

I see what you mean, about looking for friends or community. I don't want to appear obsessed with attention (if I was, I'd probably drop all this art stuff long ago, because of the poor results). It's just my observation that the amounts of attention and feedback tend to be related. And I love getting feedback on my art.

But it's always a good idea to try to connect anyway. We can talk about art for sure, especially that I find your gallery appealing! I'll start by giving some comments on your works as time allows, you don't deserve to have the comment sections completely empty.
Come to think of it, I love feedback too but most importantly I think I like genuine critiques because I don't know how others think or feel when they look at the stuff I make. I've been considering asking for critiques from some big hitters I follow but I feel like it would be kind of asking a lot of very busy artists.

And I'm glad you like my gallery! Do you have a page on FA? Searched your forum name and didn't find anything.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Come to think of it, I love feedback too but most importantly I think I like genuine critiques because I don't know how others think or feel when they look at the stuff I make. I've been considering asking for critiques from some big hitters I follow but I feel like it would be kind of asking a lot of very busy artists.

And I'm glad you like my gallery! Do you have a page on FA? Searched your forum name and didn't find anything.
Critiques? Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

My gallery name is very different from my forum name, no wonder it's hard to find. I have it mentioned in my profile in the About section, but anyway, here it is:

Huglust

most goodest boi
Critiques? Alright, I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks for your critiques! Pointed out some stuff I actually hadn't noticed. Some I had. Specifically the lack of texture and even straight up fur in some drawings. This is a huge thing I've begun to tackle which has resulted in me realizing I'm really unhappy with how I do things and I have to completely change how I approach drawing.

Your 3D stuff is pretty cool. I have no idea how to use Blender. Dove into it once a long time ago but didn't get very far.