• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Look what I discovered 'bout my laptop!

Foxy Emy

Scarlett / [Selena] / <Emy>
So, back in December, I got a brand new 14" Razer Blade laptop. One of the first things I did was customize the display settings, including the colors of the keyboard back lighting.

I picked out a nice effect that looked like glowing embers. I didn't tweak it much because I liked the preset ember look a lot. What I didn't realize is that you can freaking layer the special effects! I just figured that out last night.*derp*

So now, I kept the yellow and orange embers as a base, added an effect that makes random keys twinkle blue and purple like stars over that, then finally, I added a layer that sends out a ripple of blue, purple, and red over the keyboard with every key press.

It looks soooooo cool! I love it so much! I took a video of it, but it is kind of hard to see some of the colors in the ripple because of how fast it goes so it doesn't really do it justice, but it is still super pretty!

Check it out!

Foxy Emy

Wow this is an amazing feature... and amazing work by you.

I wonder, how complicated was setting this thing up. Is there some special software provided? Is it more like coding?

They have a special software preinstalled. You select from a number of special lighting effects, select which keys they apply to, and change the settings of the individual effect such as colors, timing, what triggers the effect (either on a key press on constant so not that much there), etc..

The colors are the hard part because only major colors display properly and you control what sequence they go in with a drag and drop gradient. You can also add black to break the colors up. So it was hard finding an order and positioning of the colors on the gradients that I liked.

It was like a weird version of photo shop with the effect layers though.

Foxy Emy