• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Looking for a Friend for Anthrocon 2019

Gingerbread3706

Luna Stargazer
Hey guys im back and better than ever!

My mom has confirmed our first trip to Antrocon this year! My partial is a wip so ill probably only go in my head, but i was wondering it anyone would like to share a room or something! Mostly looking for younger furs or females, that should be self explanatory.

My mom is driving me down there so transportation costs have been eliminated for any Maryland furs that wanna come.

We are planning on staying as i am led to believe, i will of course update this post with valid imformation. But if you wanna meet up somewhere, feel free to comment or shoot me a message! We can video chat to work out any stray details.

Shoutouts to all my MD Furs!

Last edited:

Spicy Cheeto

Woah you’re only 13 and you are female on top of it! You could be putting yourself in a very dangerous situation. What if your “friend” lies and tells you they are also a 13 year old girl but ends up being a creepy old dude instead? Things like that do happen and predators wait for any opportunity like this. I just wanted to bring this to your attention for you and your mom.

There is actually a story on reddit that is a bit similar to this. A woman shared a room with her online friend at a con. She thought her online friend was a young female like herself but she later found out by snooping around in her friend’s wallet that it was a man behind that fursuit. Luckily she got out safely and escaped while he was in the bathroom.

If you guys still decide to go through with this, I highly recommend you video chat with the individual first to make sure they are who they say they are or at least hang out a few times (not alone, bring your Mom).

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Friendly Bureeto has a good point

Gingerbread3706

Luna Stargazer
Woah you’re only 13 and you are female on top of it! You could be putting yourself in a very dangerous situation. What if your “friend” lies and tells you they are also a 13 year old girl but ends up being a creepy old dude instead? Things like that do happen and predators wait for any opportunity like this. I just wanted to bring this to your attention for you and your mom.

There is actually a story on reddit that is a bit similar to this. A woman shared a room with her online friend at a con. She thought her online friend was a young female like herself but she later found out by snooping around in her friend’s wallet that it was a man behind that fursuit. Luckily she got out safely and escaped while he was in the bathroom.

If you guys still decide to go through with this, I highly recommend you video chat with the individual first to make sure they are who they say they are or at least hang out a few times (not alone, bring your Mom).

You have a good point there, thanks! Ill. Edit the post ok.

Scylo

New otter washed ashore
Looking through diff AC people to do more research on it. That place has a program specifically for you. It is 18 and younger anthros.
anthrocon2019.sched.com: Anthrocon 2019: 18 and under Furmeet! (Sorry if that isn’t kosher)

If you were looking for someone to know ahead of time then sorryz cannot help :< Anthros are super nice though so you shouldn’t be worried about meeting a furry in crime there.