• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Critique: Looking for advice!

F1uffy.Chips

Chips ahoy
Hello there so I am looking for art tips.I looking for ways make my art look neater .i am also looking for Critiques and small tutorial’s (please don’t send YouTube tutorials they don’t help me really.) I do my digital art on ibis paint.Thank you for listening
Here are my art examples

Attachments

• 25939D4D-7FB5-4451-84D1-EBCFDADDC78C.jpeg
    25939D4D-7FB5-4451-84D1-EBCFDADDC78C.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 3A1AF526-3919-49E4-A0F4-8D5B6C8B41B1.jpeg
    3A1AF526-3919-49E4-A0F4-8D5B6C8B41B1.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 1FA8F9CE-4E33-421D-A07A-E0B51168D774.jpeg
    1FA8F9CE-4E33-421D-A07A-E0B51168D774.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 42
  • CD3FE40A-250E-4637-B1EE-850D5180D755.jpeg
    CD3FE40A-250E-4637-B1EE-850D5180D755.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 8FECEFEF-31CB-4A6F-8E59-1E8B9D0AD754.jpeg
    8FECEFEF-31CB-4A6F-8E59-1E8B9D0AD754.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 27

Render

If you can lick it, it's probably safe
Banned
How long have you be drawing?

To make your art 'neater' I might suggest starting with a fine tipped pencil and drawing very lightly on the paper, erasing and making changes until you are pretty happy with the rough sketch. Once you've gotten it sorted out, trace over it with a fine tip felt pen or gel pen and erase the light pencil marks from the rough sketch. This will let you rough the drawing in using pencil but give you a really nice clean final drawing in ink.

The same idea can be used in digital art; have a background layer (avoid white btw, it can give you eye strain; a nice neutral sand tone works well), another layer just for the rough sketch, and a third layer to trace the final drawing on.

That aside you're actually doing pretty good, your faces/heads are really cute and that can often be the hardest part to get right. On that I'd say just keep doing what you are doing, practice will make your lines bolder and more confident. One thing to be aware of, drawing an anthro face that is directly pointed towards the viewer makes it challenging to show depth for the muzzle; you might try adding in a little more detail, even just a short thin line across the top of the muzzle to help define it. The shape of the nose or the color scheme can sometimes be used to do this too. Example:

It does look like you're struggling a little bit with hands/feet/paws, in the feral kitty pic you got it pretty good but the digital piece with the couple I can tell you weren't quite sure what to do with them. My advice would be to draw a 'human' hand doing what you would like it to be doing, then use that as a base and draw an anthro paw over the top. How many fingers, how big they are, etc, can vary a lot but here's a reference for a three fingered paw that may be useful:

There's no shortcut in art, you just have to keep doing it and trying new things and getting feedback and over time you'll figure out what looks good to you and become very good at it. Keep it up!

Last edited:

Asher Grey

Probably Sleeping
If you have line correction, I recommend messing around with different levels digitally. I also think you should experiment with inking traditional drawings(it can be intimidating, I know). You're on a very good track though, and your shading is good! Keep it up!

F1uffy.Chips

Chips ahoy
How long have you be drawing?

To make your art 'neater' I might suggest starting with a fine tipped pencil and drawing very lightly on the paper, erasing and making changes until you are pretty with the rough sketch. Once you've gotten it sorted out, trace over it with a fine tip felt pen or gel pen and erase the light pencil marks from the rough sketch. This will let you rough the drawing in using pencil but give you a really nice clean final drawing in ink.

The same idea can be used in digital art; have a background layer (avoid white btw, it can give you eye strain; a nice neutral sand tone works well), another layer just for the rough sketch, and a third layer to trace the final drawing on.

That aside you're actually doing pretty good, your faces/heads are really cute and that can often be the hardest part to get right. On that I'd say just keep doing what you are doing, practice will make your lines bolder and more confident. One thing to be aware of, drawing an anthro face that is directly pointed towards the viewer makes it challenging to show depth for the muzzle; you might try adding in a little more detail, even just a short thin line across the top of the muzzle to help define it. The shape of the nose or the color scheme can sometimes be used to do this too. Example:

It does look like you're struggling a little bit with hands/feet/paws, in the feral kitty pic you got it pretty good but the digital piece with the couple I can tell you weren't quite sure what to do with them. My advice would be to draw a 'human' hand doing what you would like it to be doing, then use that as a base and draw an anthro paw over the top. How many fingers, how big they are, etc, can vary a lot but here's a reference for a three fingered paw that may be useful:

There's no shortcut in art, you just have to keep doing it and trying new things and getting feedback and over time you'll figure out what looks good to you and become very good at it. Keep it up!
I have been drawing for a year?
Thank you for everything I will try to do all the said and keep everything in mind ❤️

F1uffy.Chips

Chips ahoy
If you have line correction, I recommend messing around with different levels digitally. I also think you should experiment with inking traditional drawings(it can be intimidating, I know). You're on a very good track though, and your shading is good! Keep it up!
Sounds fun!I’ll try .And thank you!