• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Looking for an icon! -CLOSED-

deep-sea flow

osu!mania Addict
-Feel free to skip this blob if you don't really care backstories and such-

Hiya. I don't know where to start to be honest. I hired an artist 3 months or so ago to finally get my fursona done, and they never got to doing my commission unfortunately. So I basically waited 3 months for nothing. I decided finally to try and just get an icon done so I can feel like I didn't just drop my dreams down the drain I guess. I'd mainly like it since I'm tired of feeling like I got 0 identity; woo! Also because I'd like to have a picture to represent me if I ever enter any tournaments on osu!mania at some point. Yes, I play that game: osu.ppy.sh: deep-sea flow's profile

Basically, this is (like I said before) my first time getting a commission done. Technically. Cause I tried before and it failed. So, with that being said, I have 0 reference pieces for you to work off of. I know that's tedious cause I used to be an artist too. I quit because it was tedious, so I feel your pain. That's why I'm going to be as lenient as possible to try and make it as easy for you, the artist, to draw. I can't count how many times I messed up a piece on my art projects because the professor asked for something so specific and so perfect, that I just couldn't do it. So feel free to ask for a change if you really can't do something. I probably won't really mind.

- - - - -

TL;DR: Would like an icon. I'm lenient cause I used to be an artist and know how tedious it is to paint out specifics, if you can't/don't want to do something, just ask, I'll try to bend it a bit to make it easier for you.

Here's as many details as I can list regarding my fursona, but be warned; I'm a complete scrub when it comes to furry terminology because I've never done anything like this, nor have I hunted high and low for furry dialect and all that pizazz, so if you don't feel like ripping your hair out because I can't comprehend diction, you might want to choose to move on a bit:

Style: Safe For Work...for now. hueh.
Budget: 60$, and just 60$. I cannot go any higher as I just had to bust most of my money for a new laptop for my first year of college cause my other one finally decided to die. RIP.
Species: Wolf.
Colors: I have a personalized miniature "ref sheet" with all the fur and what-not on it for you to use. Don't worry. (Ref sheet in quotes because it's just colors slapped onto a GIMP document; I'm not that complex.)
Clothes: Just a black hoodie with an inner pink color inside the hood. No necklaces, glasses, or earrings to worry about.
Background: Simple cloudy dark sky I guess? Iunno. Something like that. You can mix that up however you want.
Timeframe: At least within 1 month's time this time please, heheh.

I can't really think of anything else right now cause I'm an idiot, and I'm probably missing something really crucial. If I am, just feel free to contact me. I have Skype, Steam, Discord, Telegram, Phone, or just here through the PMs. I'd really prefer Skype/Steam though if you can possibly do that though, since those are my main way of communication!

Steam: Steam Community :: deep-sea flow
**Little note for the curious: If you clicked on my Steam link and are about to click those osu!mania links, if you have a history with epilepsy, seizures, or are prone to anything that may cause you to have one, please do not watch those videos, as they contain rapid moving objects, bright lights, and loud noises!

**EDIT**

Couple extra details:
* I do not mind paying upfront, since that's how I tried buying my first failure of a commission, but I would like an update photo once in a while, if it's not that much of a hassle for you.
* Like I said, 0 time frame (I would like it within at least a month's time however). If you have more important work to be doing, by all means, a dinky little icon can wait! Please prioritize your more important customers!
* If it's not that big of a problem, I would prefer if we could chat details over Skype, as I have that on my phone as well and I'm generally mobile during the weekdays. Weekends, not so much.
* I respond fast 99% of the time, so if you're the kind of person that is used to sluggish responses, please do not expect a slow response from me! My weekday active hours are anything after around 2:00 PM UTC-5, as my classes end at 1:45 PM. So anywhere around 2:00 PM - 2:00 AM, I will be able to respond lightning fast. If not, don't fret! I'm probably out doing something and will be back shortly.
* Please be willing to respond to quite the amount of questions, cause I are dumb. Very dumb.
* That's about as much as I can think of! Thanks for your interest in this!

Last edited:

SafKeesh

That really SUCKS to have waited 3 months without any news! i hope you didn't pay beforehand? >: If it consoles you, i only charge AFTER i've shown proof of the finished image, a little snippet if you will.
Here's examples of my work i can offer for 40$US:

21140104@400-1473828692.jpg

Monster%20hunter%20-%20Malfestio_zpsuauoeqmn.png

Inner%20Forest_zpslelenffe.png

PM me if interested, i don't bite <:

Sladin5Ever

HITAKA5EVER
My friend and I can do this under your budget. Here's our icon prices:
Icons (fully rendered; optional (simple or complex) background):
  • Headshots: $16
  • Bustshots: $20
  • Simple background: +$10
  • Complex background: +$15
We do require payment up front, but we update people quite frequently (and you can always ask for an update) and since you have a time frame, we'll get it done within that time frame

Here's some art examples: http://sta.sh/2tqfgipdsll

If you need anything else, Note me on FA: Userpage of sladin5ever -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

deep-sea flow

osu!mania Addict
Hello! I'd just like to post this to say that I will be actively watching this thread, so I will be checking this as often as I can. Just know that if you offer your services, I will check as soon as possible. All the artists that have posted here sure have delicious looking art, and I'm sure going to feel like a butt when I have to select one out of all the amazing people I have offering me their services right now...This is going to be really difficult. I can tell.

Just a forewarning however, I would like to wait a day or two perhaps to see all of the possible offers I can get, as art is diverse, and I know furries are diverse too! I want to be able to see and explore the amazing world of art that people have to offer, so please give me at least a day to check! Thanks in advanced.

<3

I

iridescentgreen

Oh that sucks, I bought a ref sheet from someone a few months ago and I suspect they might have forgotten about it completely. I haven't asked about it cuz it was $4 and I kinda regret asking to have it made in the first place.

But anyway, I'd totally love to draw you an icon. My most recent example is actually the forum avatar I'm currently using here. I can draw a digital icon similar to the one I'm using for $5 (with shading for $10) or I can draw up a traditional headshot for $20 and have it uploaded at the proper size for icons. I usually add a colored background to my regular traditional art that doesn't take up a full page.

I can also create a digital version of the traditional offer for $15. I don't have any examples of those yet, since they're a fairly new option.

I DO have examples of my work on the Instagram pages linked in my sig though, if you'd like to check those out.

SavannaEGoth

Some starving artist or whatever
Sorry to hear about your predicament, hon. I guess I could throw my hat into the mix. . . My prices are fairly low, and I draw icons in a few different styles. I took the info straight off my commissions sheet:

Custom Icons - Can be chibi, cartoon, semi-realistic. Will include shading. You will receive a large and small version.
Chibi: $2.00
Cartoon: $3.50
Semi-Realistic: $5.00

Some examples of my work off of my DA are here:
http://savannaegoth.deviantart.com/art/Takai-Yubikiri-Commission-3-3-628728137
http://savannaegoth.deviantart.com/art/INFIRMIS-577917985
http://savannaegoth.deviantart.com/art/BedCrows-Commission-633841163

Last edited:

Redliger

Digital Artist
Hello! Sorry to hear about all that, anyway I read your post and I'm interested in working on your project with you. Below is my Commission Price Sheet. Right now I don't have a set price icons but am willing to discuss the price with you.

1410756780.redliger_commission_pricing_2.png

Here are a few examples of my work.

1470248617.redliger_our_world_.png
1462301184.redliger_darkabyss01_commission_request_4.png
1462297894.redliger_sheppy87_s_commission.png

You can find more of my works in my gallery by clicking the link below.
My FA Page

xanderless

If you'd be willing to communicate through email, then I would love to work with you!

Here is my info, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have, or if you want more relevant examples.

solaris91

Hello! i would like to do your request! here some example of my art and price.
Gallery for more arts: Userpage of solaris91 -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

IF you need clarification, don't be afraid to ask :)

EXAMPLE:

Sketch 5$:
_commission__back_to_back_by_queensolaris-d9jobxy.jpg

ICON 5$:
17049518@400-1436388360.jpg

character profile 15$:
20673424@400-1469558142.jpg

Big draw 25$:
19776575@400-1461520381.jpg

little draw 15$:
ballora_by_queensolaris-da9tdb6.jpg

draw with multiple character 40$:
tutti_al_mare_by_queensolaris-dabwmoe.jpg

CHIBI 10$:
17064747@400-1436530055.jpg

Comic page 20$ or 80$(price will be decided with the commissioner):
20527384@400-1468186385.jpg

cosmo-cat

AKA cosmonautiks
hiya!! i usually don't do commissions without a visual reference, but you're detailed enough in your descriptions so i should be able to do it! i do icons for four dollars. all my info is here (ignore the image reference part, examples are included), let me know if you're interested!

deep-sea flow

osu!mania Addict
Hello! Thanks everyone for showing your interest, but I have found my artists of choice! I feel really bad that I can't pay all of you for at least one thing because all the artists that have reached out and have been more than willing to help me even more because of my first failure of trying to obtain a commission. I really do; the amount of support I've gotten is crazy, even though it's not that huge of a deal to me...

I've gone out of my way to contact the artists of choice, if you didn't receive a PM or message through any of your preferred communication branches, I'm sorry, perhaps I will purchase a commission (if you're still open that is) from you sometime down the road, or direct a friend to you. Thank you all so much again for the amazing art, I never thought it could've gotten as diverse as it did, it's literally crazy!